Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WARNING~~~~~~~~~~~~~This post may tick some ppl off, but I'm saying it anyway. So that means if ya don't want to hear it, then DON'T READ this post!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question-wtsnot was our QB doing? (I'm NOT at ALL referring to the coaches on this) Calvin has played enough to have made better dicussions than he was doing on the field last night!!!!! I could NOT believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm NOT saying the lose was ALL his fault, but asking WHAT WAS HE THINKING on some of those passes? Even a DUMB MOM like me, could see that some of his dicussions was TERRIBLY WRONG.

I have to say also that I was REALLY SUPPRISED NOT TO SEE A TEAR IN HIS EYE WHEN THE GAME WAS OVER!!!! I saw him cry at the end of the season last year, but NOT LAST NIGHT. Whats Up?

Don't jump me for my question & statement me, it just struck me as ODD is ALL.

~~~~~~My Patriots~~~~~~

You guys have a Large spot in my heart & I'm truely sad that they'll be no more Friday Night Lights. You Have Made Me Sooooooo Proud To Be A Big RED Patriot Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all played one heck of a season with NOTHING to hang YOUR HEAD OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you for letting me ride that Patriot Train with you for 13 games & I have a WONDERFUL memory that I'll take to my grave!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS AS MY OWN & YOU MADE MOMMA SHERRY SOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!!!!!!

Now as for Hillsboro, taking a leak in OUR parking lot (out in broad view daylight) BEFORE the game, was PAST disrespectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that if you beat us that you would then beat Maryville, but that show of LOW CLASS DISRESPECT makes me hope Maryville beats the pee out of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't jump me for this either but "DUMB MOMS" like you have no business asking questions like that on this forum. Go talk to Calvin about it even if you want to know so bad that would post it on a website that can be viewed by anyone... you and those questions dont belong on here.

Edited by Hchskeeper

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC players and coaches: Thanks for a great season!

Hillsboro: You are the real deal.

Real Mom: A "team mom" does not get on here and criticize one of our own. It's a team sport. We all fell short.

I am proud to be a Patriot! And to Calvin, thanks for many years of great fun watching you and your teammates.

To the juniors, sophomores, and freshmen: Let's get ready for next year.

Yanker: Thanks for your support this year and for the fun on the forum. Take care of Dad until next season. We'll talk to you then.

Edited by realredpride

Congratulations to HC and my HC friends on a great season. You represented our region well. The crowd was huge and the atmosphere was great. You ran into a great team that the YANKER will not be surprised if they dethrone Maryville. The YANKER will be around now and then but I am strictly a football kind of guy so do not look for me on the threads of other sports. By the way HC, the YANKER hopes you enjoyed your time in the sun...JCM will return to the top next year...and there is NOTHING you will be able to do about it!!!! Remember what the YANKER just said...bcause...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WARNING~~~~~~~~~~~~~This post may tick some ppl off, but I'm saying it anyway. So that means if ya don't want to hear it, then DON'T READ this post!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question-wtsnot was our QB doing? (I'm NOT at ALL referring to the coaches on this) Calvin has played enough to have made better dicussions than he was doing on the field last night!!!!! I could NOT believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm NOT saying the lose was ALL his fault, but asking WHAT WAS HE THINKING on some of those passes? Even a DUMB MOM like me, could see that some of his dicussions was TERRIBLY WRONG.

I have to say also that I was REALLY SUPPRISED NOT TO SEE A TEAR IN HIS EYE WHEN THE GAME WAS OVER!!!! I saw him cry at the end of the season last year, but NOT LAST NIGHT. Whats Up?

~~~~~~My Patriots~~~~~~

You guys have a Large spot in my heart & I'm truely sad that they'll be no more Friday Night Lights. You Have Made Me Sooooooo Proud To Be A Big RED Patriot Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all played one heck of a season with NOTHING to hang YOUR HEAD OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you for letting me ride that Patriot Train with you for 13 games & I have a WONDERFUL memory that I'll take to my grave!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS AS MY OWN & YOU MADE MOMMA SHERRY SOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!!!!!!

Now as for Hillsboro, taking a leak in OUR parking lot (out in broad view daylight) BEFORE the game, was PAST disrespectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that if you beat us that you would then beat Maryville, but that show of LOW CLASS DISRESPECT makes me hope Maryville beats the pee out of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The YANKER could not resist responding to a portion of this post. I am a JCM fan so this should not matter to me but since I spend more time on your thread than our own due to lack of activity, I will say it anyway. For you to call out one of your own players like you have is DEPLORABLE!!! I wish we had him at JCM. Do you think you would have been in the 4th round without him??? I can tell you that you would not have been there. That may have been the worst and most insensitive post the YANKER has EVER read. You have made "boski" look like a saint.

Good season HC, coach Gaddis has come in and in a short period of time and moved your program to a competitive level.

Making it to the semi's is an accomplishment, even in west Tn.

You were overmatched and most people outside HC knew it.

Good luck next season.

This case is closed.

~~~~~~My Patriots~~~~~~

Lady, you are flat out wrong!!! You are a cold hearted individual, and you have no right to talk about someone elses son that way. These are kids having fun, living life to the fullest through a game that they get to play, not you! For someone who probably can't even run 5 yards on a field (cause I've seen you) you are quick to judge someone. The game is very fast paced, and you have to make quick decisions out there. Sometimes you make the wrong one, and you might have a bad night. So what, Calvin has done alot for this team. The Patriots ended their season with pride, except for your post! I will not step out and say anything about the offensive line. The kids played their heart out, and thats all you can ask for. If I was your son, I would be ashamed of you. I would probably walk up to Calvin and personally apologize for your actions. It is a shame you put your son in that situation! Thanks.

If I were an administrator of this board I would delete these post to save #77 from HC the shame for the deplorable actions of a parent who obviously knows notta about the game. HC great season.

The last time she did something like this (except she was blaming coaches) he got on and agreed with mom, blamed his own coaches on the forum. Sadly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

My Advice - good post!

Reckon so (sorry, I always forget how you spell it) - I think you are right that maybe everyone but HC knew we were overmatched. That's what makes this town and this team great. They never stopped believing. I wish you could know these kids as individuals. They are some of the hardest working, greatest I have ever known. Like you say, let's move on: 1. to Hillsboro dethroning Maryville

2. to HC getting ready for next year. How long until the first game? I can't wait.

~~~~~~My Patriots~~~~~~

Well, it is about par for the course, finger pointing is awesome when you are talking about positive things. Football is a team game, and you for one would give credit to the offensive line when Calvin McNairl was having all of his success. I have watched this group for the last four years, and quite Frankly, Calvin has put this team on his back and carried them. Did you see what happened in the SS game when he went out. Not a first down to be had and we lost our 16 point lead. Whose fault was that one, well it must have been Calvins for getting a concussion. The Patriots as a whole was an outstanding team that accomplished some great things, The offensive line was great, the backfield was great, the recievers were great, and the scout teamers were great, and yes the fans were great, and for you to point your finger at Calvin the way you did, well you were right, it does anger me. I grew up under the philosophy, if you do not have something good to say about some one then do not say anything at all. Well obviously you do not believe in that philosphy. I will say this, I went to most every practice this year, and I never did see #1 miss a practice, now that is not something that everyone on that team can say.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the paper Saturday morning and and saw Hillsboro 42, Henry County 7. I let out one of those "ooooooooooooooooo" sounds you make when you see a crushing blow in a football game, you know the type ... you see the LB comming but the RB doesn't, and you kind of hide your face when he simply crushes the guy, and you let out that sound, without even thinking about it. TraderB and I both thought Hillsborro would win this game. Honestly, when I read the score, my first thought went to Boski. I was hoping to get to get a recap of the events of the game from someone who went to the game. But this article gave a good breakdown of what happened.

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...;story_id=12983

It was this part of the article that told me all I really needed to know.

Arent threw for 253 yards, completing 15-of-25 passes, and Seward finished with 123 yards.

“I told our coaches that if they (Henry County) key the run, we can pass on them, and that’s what we did,” Seward said.

The Burros had 400 yards of offense, but it was their defense that shut down a Henry County (9-5) offense that had averaged 30 points in its three playoff games. The Patriots finished with 71 yards rushing, and quarterback Calvin McNairl threw three interceptions, completing only 13 of 29 attempts.

Down 21 to nothing and in the second half trying to come back against that speed demon Hillsboro defense doesn't make things easier.

Good season Henry County. I look to see you guys bounce back next year. I already know Melrose will be back next year with their QB being just a Sophomore. The QB at Hillsboro will be back as well because he's just a junior. Things look good for the west side of the state again.

By the way HC folks who went to the game. How would you rate the two QB's? The Melrose QB against the Hillsboro QB. I'd really like to hear what you have to say since you saw both of them play and I've only seen the Melrose QB.

To Mom of #77. You seem to have a really good knack for opening your mouth and inserting your foot. I hope you learn something from all of the comments that were made.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the paper Saturday morning and and saw Hillsboro 42, Henry County 7. I let out one of those "ooooooooooooooooo" sounds you make when you see a crushing blow in a football game, you know the type ... you see the LB comming but the RB doesn't, and you kind of hide your face when he simply crushes the guy, and you let out that sound, without even thinking about it. TraderB and I both thought Hillsborro would win this game. Honestly, when I read the score, my first thought went to Boski. I was hoping to get to get a recap of the events of the game from someone who went to the game. But this article gave a good breakdown of what happened.

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...;story_id=12983

It was this part of the article that told me all I really needed to know.

Down 21 to nothing and in the second half trying to come back against that speed demon Hillsboro defense doesn't make things easier.

Good season Henry County. I look to see you guys bounce back next year. I already know Melrose will be back next year with their QB being just a Sophomore. The QB at Hillsboro will be back as well because he's just a junior. Things look good for the west side of the state again.

By the way HC folks who went to the game. How would you rate the two QB's? The Melrose QB against the Hillsboro QB. I'd really like to hear what you have to say since you saw both of them play and I've only seen the Melrose QB.

To Mom of #77. You seem to have a really good knack for opening your mouth and inserting your foot. I hope you learn something from all of the comments that were made.

Throwing the football Arent is a very solid QB. He was right on target. Receivers actually dropped maybe 5 passes that should have been caught. Must be tough young man because HC line sacked him maybe 4 times but came right back. Hard to compare Melrose QB seems more of a dual threat and Boro QB does not have to be because Boro OL is IMO the best I have seen against HC this year and RB is also in top 4 this year.

Boro's D was as good as I have witnessed this year. Not only quick to the ball but very rarely missed a tackle. Once they went up by 2 scores they started playing pass first and run second. Almost whole second half they were running 2 DBs and 2 CB,s with outside LB's stepping back into passing lanes. Spent most of the night throwing into 6 man coverage. Did not have much of a choice down 21-0.

That all said, I am very Proud to be a Patriot. Paraphrasing the Coach, "This team was the team that put the Pride back into being a Patriot"! As Parents and Fans when you see these young men and Coaches around town or school let them know they are appreciated for their Team accomplishment. They worked hard to get where they got too this year! It was a fun and exciting run!