Franklin playing Brentwood Academy?

Red Rebel dude

: Ignore Village Idiot's present post and any other post regarding the "R" word. He and others can take this case to the Public/Private board if he or anyone else wishes to take this further.....heck.....he can even start his own thread.......I am sure there are plenty of others who wish to spin their wheels talking about the subject........ B)

We are here to talk about scheduling........now VI, anything to comment about scheduling? ;)

Oh yeah...and part of it is due to that dreaded "R" word, as you call it. See your prior post:

QUOTE(tnsparty @ Nov 20 2006 - 10:16 PM)

I'd also call it recruiting.

Ya know........that is a totally dead, disgusting subject. Been going on for years on this board. All you whinebags have never been able to prove a thing against BA. Leave them be and talk about something else.

I'm impressed that you can consider it, "dead...disgusting" when it's been a part of your scheduling problems with other schools in the county. Seems BA has been spinning the wheels for years getting games against schools in the area. Why? Old timers still resent the "R-word" thing that has been going on. My disappointment in you is that, for a "wacko" B) , I was trying to give you guys a break. Some of ya'll are much too defensive. Circle the wagons again.

As for the scheduling problem, BA shoulda coulda woulda built great rivalries against Franklin, Brentwood, Riverdale, and others in the immediate area over the years. At least one a year as a "gate" game, maybe two, but no more. What is now a DII schedule is too tough, just from the potential travel aspect. Give a great deal of credit to both BA and Ravenwood for pulling off the current series, and hopefully it will continue. Ravenwood beat BA in every aspect of the game this year, except on the scoreboard, and that's the only place that counts. I do think, though, that BA owes Ravenwood a thanks for part of that 10th trophy. It was a great wake-up game early for the Eagles.

The only time we got close to those match ups were prior to the split when BA was playing up to the top levels (3A I think and 5A for sure). Maybe one day we'll get back to putting everybody in the same pot and playing the game and quit watering down state championships to where almost anybody can get one. No wait, the TSSAA is still around...maybe that won't happen.

Understand, B100, this is more of a philosophical discussion rather than a hard-core concrete scheduling discussion. You can hope and wish for some of the match ups you're after, but they won't happen as long as the "R-word" is bantered around.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

VI

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah...and part of it is due to that dreaded "R" word, as you call it. See your prior post:

QUOTE(tnsparty @ Nov 20 2006 - 10:16 PM)

I'd also call it recruiting.

Ya know........that is a totally dead, disgusting subject. Been going on for years on this board. All you whinebags have never been able to prove a thing against BA. Leave them be and talk about something else.

I'm impressed that you can consider it, "dead...disgusting" when it's been a part of your scheduling problems with other schools in the county. Seems BA has been spinning the wheels for years getting games against schools in the area. Why? Old timers still resent the "R-word" thing that has been going on. My disappointment in you is that, for a "wacko" B) , I was trying to give you guys a break. Some of ya'll are much too defensive. Circle the wagons again.

As for the scheduling problem, BA shoulda coulda woulda built great rivalries against Franklin, Brentwood, Riverdale, and others in the immediate area over the years. At least one a year as a "gate" game, maybe two, but no more. What is now a DII schedule is too tough, just from the potential travel aspect. Give a great deal of credit to both BA and Ravenwood for pulling off the current series, and hopefully it will continue. Ravenwood beat BA in every aspect of the game this year, except on the scoreboard, and that's the only place that counts. I do think, though, that BA owes Ravenwood a thanks for part of that 10th trophy. It was a great wake-up game early for the Eagles.

The only time we got close to those match ups were prior to the split when BA was playing up to the top levels (3A I think and 5A for sure). Maybe one day we'll get back to putting everybody in the same pot and playing the game and quit watering down state championships to where almost anybody can get one. No wait, the TSSAA is still around...maybe that won't happen.

Understand, B100, this is more of a philosophical discussion rather than a hard-core concrete scheduling discussion. You can hope and wish for some of the match ups you're after, but they won't happen as long as the "R-word" is bantered around.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

VI

A couple of problems here Idiot. You are insulting in a polite way. Kind of like me saying "BA played as bad as they could possibly play and still beat Ravenwood!! But, Ravenwood is a great team!!!". See, it may be true and I said something nice about Ravenwood, but I was insulting at the same time.

The other problem with the "Old timers" is not the "R Word". It is the "S Word". The old timers are "scared" of losing. I know it is harsh to say it, but I don't make then news - I just report it. It sounds a lot better to blame it on other things, but no one likes defeat.

Bottom line is that parents often recruit themselves. We all want the best for our kids and many people think that spending money on BA, BGA, MBA, etc. is the best way. The schools features, advantages and achievements draw them in many cases.

I have always thought the Willco teams should play BA later in the year rather than in week o or 1. I know it would be tough with consideration to the region games but it seems BA is ahead on the curve early. May be from overall better athletes(eventhough they have NEVER recruited) than the public schools. I have always wished the Bwood 2002 team that lost to them in week 0 had played them week 10!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first year for Week 0 play. Before this year, Week 1 always started the season.

You know, my favorite part of a post like this (and haven't we seen this post a million times) is the 'ol "pull your head out of the sand . . ." statement. Usually best used when you don't actually have any facts to back up your statement.

If it has been posted a million times does that make you even think it may be happening. I am not complaining about it. I don't care where they get their players from. Speaking of facts, can you prove they don't. Accept the fact that some D2 private schools offer financial aid to students that do not live near BA or other schools. Stop being so touchy about it.

:wacko::wacko::wacko: Ignore Village Idiot's present post and any other post regarding the "R" word. He and others can take this case to the Public/Private board if he or anyone else wishes to take this further.....heck.....he can even start his own thread.......I am sure there are plenty of others who wish to spin their wheels talking about the subject........ :angry:

We are here to talk about scheduling........now VI, anything to comment about scheduling? ;)

You were the one that got all upset when donathan mentioned the recruiting class. It wouldn't be an issue if you had not posted. Get over it. I don't care if they and others recruit. You tell us to prove it happens, then prove it doesn't. At least I don't wear blinders.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first year for Week 0 play. Before this year, Week 1 always started the season.

BA normally has a week 0

Any possibility any of our Willco teams playing a big name outside our area? Maryville, Alcoa, etc?

If it has been posted a million times does that make you even think it may be happening. I am not complaining about it. I don't care where they get their players from. Speaking of facts, can you prove they don't. Accept the fact that some D2 private schools offer financial aid to students that do not live near BA or other schools. Stop being so touchy about it.

This is my last statement on this subject in this thread, unless you want to go to the Public/Private board with me to discuss it..........No duh.... :angry: yes DII schools give aid. That is why they are called DII. You are now going from "recruiting" to "financial aid". These two are not in the same mix......For the sake of our good post, please go to the Public/Private board and myself and others will listen to your feelings on this subject and gladly talk about it with you. We will write books of info that will go right through your ears, because if you are like everyone else that has ever posted about it that believes the myth, you cannot sort fact from fiction. PLEASE go there and start a post and we will answer. That is how the private/public forum got there. Folks here are tired of talking about it. The subject has its own forum.

Everyone that likes this thread would do best to leave these guys alone on this subject unless they want to take it elsewhere on the board. These guys are intentionally trying to flame the thread. :wacko:

Edited by Brandon100

No, posting it a million times does not make me think it may be happening (at this point I will refrain from going to the " . . . if everyone says something does it make it so . . ." point).

I can accept the fact that some D2 private schools offer financial aid to students . . . it's the first "fact" you've offered. In fact I can do you one better and accept the fact that every D2 private school offers financial aid . . . that is what makes them D2. Financial aid doesn't equal recruiting.

Touchy . . . yes we get touchy. These aligations have split TN football into it's current, diluted mess.

Sorry . . . gotta go back and stick my head in the sand

A couple of problems here Idiot. You are insulting in a polite way. Kind of like me saying "BA played as bad as they could possibly play and still beat Ravenwood!! But, Ravenwood is a great team!!!". See, it may be true and I said something nice about Ravenwood, but I was insulting at the same time.

The other problem with the "Old timers" is not the "R Word". It is the "S Word". The old timers are "scared" of losing. I know it is harsh to say it, but I don't make then news - I just report it. It sounds a lot better to blame it on other things, but no one likes defeat.

Bottom line is that parents often recruit themselves. We all want the best for our kids and many people think that spending money on BA, BGA, MBA, etc. is the best way. The schools features, advantages and achievements draw them in many cases.

"Idiot"? Wonderful use of vocabulary.

Would love to know where you "report" the news. You have reported your "opinion," to which you are welcome. I accept your opinion without attempting to question your mental status, despite both of your first two paragraphs being wrong.

As for the third paragraph, recheck the post....I think we agree there.

Dang, some of these DII folks are sure touchy....

VI

"Idiot"? Wonderful use of vocabulary.

Would love to know where you "report" the news. You have reported your "opinion," to which you are welcome. I accept your opinion without attempting to question your mental status, despite both of your first two paragraphs being wrong.

As for the third paragraph, recheck the post....I think we agree there.

Dang, some of these DII folks are sure touchy....

VI

VI, we can all disagree about these issues and have some fun doing it, but I assure you that Batts use of the word "Idiot" was a refrence to your screen name vs a reference to your post . . .

Don't be so touchy

VI, we can all disagree about these issues and have some fun doing it, but I assure you that Batts use of the word "Idiot" was a refrence to your screen name vs a reference to your post . . .

Don't be so touchy

You know, I just thought about that and came back to post a sincere apology to Batts. Batts, please accept my IGNORANCE! Fan6, thanks for beating me back. I gotta pay more attention to my own screen name! But, now you know why it was so easy to choose. :D

Ahhhh...you're right. We all get so dang touchy about this crap. Sad part is I'm still a big believer that you play everybody together. We played BA twice (many years ago) and were terribly undermanned both times. Held our own once and got blown out once. Meant only that we needed to work harder to get our program into a position to compete at a higher level.

Batts, again, please accept my apologies. It's awful early in the morning and I over reacted. Guess both sides really are a little touchy.........

VI

BA normally has a week 0

Any possibility any of our Willco teams playing a big name outside our area? Maryville, Alcoa, etc?

This is my last statement on this subject in this thread, unless you want to go to the Public/Private board with me to discuss it..........No duh.... :thumb: yes DII schools give aid. That is why they are called DII. You are now going from "recruiting" to "financial aid". These two are not in the same mix......For the sake of our good post, please go to the Public/Private board and myself and others will listen to your feelings on this subject and gladly talk about it with you. We will write books of info that will go right through your ears, because if you are like everyone else that has ever posted about it that believes the myth, you cannot sort fact from fiction. PLEASE go there and start a post and we will answer. That is how the private/public forum got there. Folks here are tired of talking about it. The subject has its own forum.

Everyone that likes this thread would do best to leave these guys alone on this subject unless they want to take it elsewhere on the board. These guys are intentionally trying to flame the thread. :angry:

B100,

If you want threads like this kept in the correct forum, may I suggest that when someone simply mentions "recruitng class" don't be so quick to fire back with the "we don't recriut...prove it" post. That is what turned this thread into a public v. private debate. I'll say it again that I don't care if they do or not. Obviously there are some that do since the split happened because of it. People feel differently about it and that's OK. Nobody is questioning the integrity of these schools.