Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

whether we win or lose doesnt alter the fact that Goodpasture should be in a class with other schools that attain their players in a similar fashion. We have beaten the best that class 2A has offered so far in the playoffs. But then, none of those schools recruit.

There is another area for that topic. GP is in our class, so let's concentrate on the game.

This should be a great game and I like our chances. From reading earlier posts it sounds like GP is very good with running the ball and effective at passing. Milan's strength is run defense and our DB's have improved week over week. GP apparently has several 2 way players where Milan has very few. If Milan keeps it close throughout then I think it will start to wear down GP's line and the advantage goes to Milan.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another area for that topic. GP is in our class, so let's concentrate on the game.

This should be a great game and I like our chances. From reading earlier posts it sounds like GP is very good with running the ball and effective at passing. Milan's strength is run defense and our DB's have improved week over week. GP apparently has several 2 way players where Milan has very few. If Milan keeps it close throughout then I think it will start to wear down GP's line and the advantage goes to Milan.

cpa completly 2 platooned and they didn't seem to wear us down, so i really don't think it can be done. the solution is to just flat out beat us.

I agree that Goodpasture is a great team and Milan will have their hands full Friday night. But dont ever forget that the Milan Bulldogs are made up of local hometown kids. The same cannot be said of Goodpasture which tightropes that fine line between Division I and Division II schools. The TSSAA needs to create another Division for schools that recruit but do not provide financial aid in the same way that Schools Like Brentwood Academy do. We fought to develop a Division for Brentwood and succeeded and I feel sure that schools like Goodpasture, CPA, etc. will have a Division of their own especially after the new playoff scenario for Class 2A begins next year and falls flat on its face amid controversy.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

Boy you guys just don't give up on the recruiting bit do ya. Quit making excuses and just play the game. GP doesn't recruit with or without financial support. And just like Milan, GP is made up of local hometown boys - we just can't help it if Nashville is a little bigger than Milan.

And, take the Division stuff to another posting, we don't want this one shut down because you're not talking about the game.

Ah, the chink in the armor shows up. If Milan can keep it close, which I'm not sure they can. And Milan may a good run defense, but how is it against a run offense with more than 4,000 yards rushing, 7 quality running backs who range from fast to blazin', averaging 8.5 yards per rush, running the wing-t where the back come at you from all directions????

Is that the type of run offense you're faced this year?

Ain't this fun.

Ah, the chink in the armor shows up. If Milan can keep it close, which I'm not sure they can. And Milan may a good run defense, but how is it against a run offense with more than 4,000 yards rushing, 7 quality running backs who range from fast to blazin', averaging 8.5 yards per rush, running the wing-t where the back come at you from all directions????

Is that the type of run offense you're faced this year?

Ain't this fun.

No but we have faced teams whith 3 quality running backs (which is more than normal. 7 is just weird) one of whom is a Mr. Football finalist. and yes they ran a wing-t and came from all directions.