2007 2A Favorites

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be alcoa vs. jcs in the state championship

lol!!! this will not happen...i agree with the last post...im glad yall won the state championship in 1A but yall might finish 5th in region 8 next year...but not state...humboldt, milan, westview, and trenton will show jcs what it's like in this region

my favorite next year is still humboldt...returning 7 on both sides of the ball...i predict them to win the region back to back and make it to the semis and maybe even state...milan, trenton, and westview are returning i think the same amount...but humboldt has the pride back and they know they can beat all the teams in the region...good luck to the 2007 vikings

Milan returns 6 starters on offense and 7 on defense plus the kicker. We play Booker T., Camden, and Huntingdon in the nonregion schedule while playing in the toughest 2A region in the state. Every week will be exciting and this team will be very battle tested when the playoffs roll around. IMO were the favorite in 8AA followed by Trenton, Humboldt, and Westview.

What do Goodpasture and Alcoa have coming back? It looked like GP had a lot of seniors.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

East Top 5

Alcoa

Tyner

Smith Co.

Loudon

Boyd

West Top 5

Goodpasture

Milan

CPA

Westview

Huntington

That is a good list. As a CPA fan, I am concerned that we are losing a great senior class, but we have a D1 prospect QB back and his top receiver. O-Line returns some good players.

Defense loses a lot, but 3 really good starters back and a transfer who will be eligible next year, who is All-State potential.

Bottom line, the list you have is good because all those teams seem to "reload" every year.

There are a lot of holes to fill @ Alcoa. We have good skill players returning but both lines will have to be overhauled especially on the defensive side. There are also big shoes to fill @ linebacker. There is no one who can step in for Bart Hicks and provide what he has for the last two seasons. They lose over 20 seniors most of which were starters or major contributors. That leadership is not easy to replace. I believe that if Alcoa is to be dethroned , next year will be the year. They had a strong , unbeaten freshman squad and a strong unbeaten middle school team this season. In 2008 I see another big championship run. But for next season I think they back up towards the competition. Better catch em while their young. :thumb:

Edited by Coalman