2007 Lipscomb Mustangs

LipscombBall3r

Lipscomb always has it great jocks, in your prospective how will this team look next year.

Lipscomb will return one starter on the off. line (cameron hunt). They will loose a great back in Elrod, but they still have Holt, Moneypenny, and Davis. In the linebackers they will loose Ben Lehning and Dale Binkly, Charles Stevens but will keep Tenpenny and Webb. They have 6'3 220p Dallon Hudson,(Donnie Hudsons brother) moving up to the line. Replacing QB Brad Hunt will be sophmore Caleb Simpson. Conner Prady, Burton Wood, Thomas Scott will be missed in the secondary. A great squib kicker Daniel Lyons will be missed on kick off.

With Hard Work And Determination Lipscomb Can Return To The Boro For 3 Years In A Row

I know it is a cliche, but they do not rebuild they reload.

I agree. They do a good job teaching them in middle school and due to the blowouts they routinely have during the regular season; youngs guy get a lot playing time in the second half....making it easier for them to step in and start for departing seniors. However, the region will be tuff top to bottom.

This is Lipscomb. The word "rebuilding" is not even in their vocab.

They will blow everyone out as usual, probably finish 9-1, maybe 8-2, 7-3 at worst. In the playoffs, they will make it to at least the Quarterfinals, as usual.

So in other words, they will be good as usual, no matter how many seniors they are losing.

Machine-like offense, great coaching, DISCIPLINE!! Hard to beat that combination....

David Lipscomb will be expected to run the table and be right back in the Blue Cross Bowl next year. They'll have Caleb Simpson, who started several games this year, to take over at QB. They'll return their top go-to-guy at receiver in Zach Rogers. They'll have an outstanding trio in the offensive backfield as usual in Russ Moneypenny, Kevin Davis, & Jeremy Holt. They also return their kicker in Kyle Lehning. Defensively they once again return two of their stallworths at linebacker in Evan Webb & Mitchell Tenpenny. ALL IN ALL THE MUSTANGS WILL BE THE HEAVY FAVORITE TO WIN REGION 5-3A AGAIN IN 2007 (they'll also be favorites to beat both Greenbrier & Goodpasture).

The only things that will be question marks for the Mustangs heading into 2007 will be their secondary, & both the offensive and defensive lines. THAT IS IT!!!!!

Big Country one thing I do want to point out is the way that the regions are set up Middle Tn. gets a break on the 2 3a regions; they are split when it comes to the play offs. Lipscomb and Pearl=Cohn could have both been it the title game. East does not have this privilege, nor West Tn.-just the geography. The semis will go East next year. That is a huge advantage. Lipscomb or their region would be home. I think you are right in saying Pearl Cohn could be coming to Knoxville next year for the semis: or maybe Sycamore. Maybe I will see you there. Enjoy your very interesting analysis of the pre and post game. You have your favorites but you do call it like it is. Later

Sorry guys I did not mean to dilute the Lipscomb conversation. I was just shooting a note to Big Country and then I realized I was not following suit after the message. Thanks

Edited by PTMUPS

Big Country one thing I do want to point out is the way that the regions are set up Middle Tn. gets a break on the 2 3a regions; they are split when it comes to the play offs. Lipscomb and Pearl=Cohn could have both been it the title game. East does not have this privilege, nor West Tn.-just the geography. The semis will go East next year. That is a huge advantage. Lipscomb or their region would be home. I think you are right in saying Pearl Cohn could be coming to Knoxville next year for the semis: or maybe Sycamore. Maybe I will see you there. Enjoy your very interesting analysis of the pre and post game. You have your favorites but you do call it like it is. Later

Sorry guys I did not mean to dilute the Lipscomb conversation. I was just shooting a note to Big Country and then I realized I was not following suit after the message. Thanks

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DAVID LIPSCOMB & PEARL-COHN PLAY ONE ANOTHER AND QUITE FRANKLY I BELIEVE THAT THEY BOTH SHOULD SEEING AS HOW BOTH ARE NASHVILLE SCHOOLS AND THEY DO COMPETE IN THE SAME DISTRICT IN BASKETBALL AND HAVE A GOOD RIVALRY GOING IN THAT PARTICULAR SPORT :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words and enjoy the off-season. 2007 (August that is) will be here before we know it and the football season will be very exciting. Enjoy the holidays everyone and after the break is over I'd like to say to all the teams "GET IN THE WEIGHT ROOM AND BUST YOUR TAILS" :thumb:

Edited by Big Country