Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Does anyone know if WJ or the other coaches have started looking around for jobs and if so were. and has DT hire anyone else besides the two other coaches that he bought with him. Just asking

WJ is in a pickle of a situation now with all of the nonsense that came to the forefront from his days at Stratford. Word has it that he's also not getting backed by most others in his profession around the midstate area.

He won't land a job in the Metro/Nashville area because of the incidents that took place at Stratford. I'd say that he's either likely to wind up coaching in Memphis or he'll be coaching out-of-state when 2007 rolls around.

As for the assistants, who knows????? One of them is apparently going to stay on board (Shockley). One of them was fired for "supposedly" making an obscene comment to one of the school's female trainers :thumb: Outside of that nobody knows I guess ;)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJ is in a pickle of a situation now with all of the nonsense that came to the forefront from his days at Stratford. Word has it that he's also not getting backed by most others in his profession around the midstate area.

He won't land a job in the Metro/Nashville area because of the incidents that took place at Stratford. I'd say that he's either likely to wind up coaching in Memphis or he'll be coaching out-of-state when 2007 rolls around.

As for the assistants, who knows????? One of them is apparently going to stay on board (Shockley). One of them was fired for "supposedly" making an obscene comment to one of the school's female trainers :thumb: Outside of that nobody knows I guess ;)

I def. can't see him getting another job in the midstate. Too much baggage....too many headaches.

If I had to bet I'd also say that he'll wind up in Memphis (my hood now :o ) Remember, he had a lot of success at Stratford (illegal players aside). He took a program that was way down and went 26-3 I believe in two years, even though the record books now show different. Put him at another Stratford-type school (i.e- middle of memphis) and I can CERTAINLY see him having success. And since it's Memphis, someone would hire him.

Does anyone know if WJ or the other coaches have started looking around for jobs and if so were. and has DT hire anyone else besides the two other coaches that he bought with him. Just asking

I know some will think this post is about someone else but it isn't.

Rumor out of the Football Banquet this past weekend was that WJ could not attend due to the fact that he was in Mississippi interviewing for a coaches job. :lol::lol: . Truth or not I do not know -- like I said that is what was told after the Banquet last weekend.

I am praying for anyone who has a child playing football anywhere in MS

Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

We have a new coach in Lewisburg, lets focus on the new and quit bashing the old.

Because I bet if we were to did deep enough in some of our own closets we could find some dirt (nasty dirt) :o So lets talk about the new era at MCHS :D

I agree - No bashing the past. All I see so far on this thread is facts and it is supported facts. Until that changes I see nothing that has been posted that is rumor or trash talking.

I admire WJ for resigning and getting on with his life. To whatever he does or wherever he goes I wish him the best.

What happen to the old topic???? Who said what to make them close it???

People been telling me the when DT talked to the kids he told them that there will be no family vacations, percings, a dress code change, practice on sundays at 3, (etc) is that true if it is there in for a Big change. i agree that we need a tougher coach and we got it.

What happen to the old topic???? Who said what to make them close it???

People been telling me the when DT talked to the kids he told them that there will be no family vacations, percings, a dress code change, practice on sundays at 3, (etc) is that true if it is there in for a Big change. i agree that we need a tougher coach and we got it.

All I can say is that it will be very interesting tonight @ the 6:00 parent meeting?

We will see which parents will whine and complain first ;)

NO DISCIPLINE TO WOW !!!!