Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Thomas will bring some much needed discipline to that team as well as great x's and o's. MC was competitive the past 3 years with bad coaching I am excited to see them with good coaching. And yes Thomas knows the offense. He was the one that decided to go to this offense i am sure he attended all the clinics and school visits where they learned it. Region 3-5A will be dominated with good coaches.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas will bring some much needed discipline to that team as well as great x's and o's. MC was competitive the past 3 years with bad coaching I am excited to see them with good coaching. And yes Thomas knows the offense. He was the one that decided to go to this offense i am sure he attended all the clinics and school visits where they learned it. Region 3-5A will be dominated with good coaches.

I agree 100% that Region 5-3A will be dominated with good coaching.

Glen McAdams (David Lipscomb)

Cody Finley (Cheatham Co.)

Chuck Daniel (Creek Wood)

Travis McKnight (Spring Hill)

David O'Connor (Giles Co.)

Ricky Ray (Montgomery Central)

Don Thomas (Marshall Co.)

Jack Daniels (Page)

ALL OF THOSE COACHES HAVE GUIDED TEAMS TO THE PLAYOFFS IN THE PAST & ALL OF THEM WILL BE COACHING TEAMS CAPABLE OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IN 2007 BECAUSE THIS REGION AS A WHOLE WILL BE MUCH BETTER FROM TOP-TO-BOTTOM NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

I think Coach Thomas is a good fit for the tigers, but lets not call all the mistakes bad coaching. Some of the coaches from the past season were very disciplined and pushed for discipline. Also the players have to run, tackle, and block. So I think the blame can be put on the players also at times. I went to almost every game and sometimes the players didn't make plays. And no matter if your are Phil Fulmer or Bear Bryant the players have to make it happen. I wish nothing but success for Thomas, it will be interesting to see how the players react to such a disciplinarian. From what I understand the coaches will be here in a couple of days, can't wait to see what happens. :)

I agree 100% that Region 5-3A will be dominated with good coaching.

Glen McAdams (David Lipscomb)

Cody Finley (Cheatham Co.)

Chuck Daniel (Creek Wood)

Travis McKnight (Spring Hill)

David O'Connor (Giles Co.)

Ricky Ray (Montgomery Central)

Don Thomas (Marshall Co.)

Jack Daniels (Page)

ALL OF THOSE COACHES HAVE GUIDED TEAMS TO THE PLAYOFFS IN THE PAST & ALL OF THEM WILL BE COACHING TEAMS CAPABLE OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IN 2007 BECAUSE THIS REGION AS A WHOLE WILL BE MUCH BETTER FROM TOP-TO-BOTTOM NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Glen McAdams, Finley, Jack Daniels--Three excellent coaches. I do not know about the rest.

Hester is the new coach at LaVergne. BIG DEAL!!!!

Thomas knows the offense inside & out I promise you all. He wouldn't be the head coach of a team and not actually know what they are trying to accomplish on the offensive side of the football. I promise he knew what was going on with everything at LHS and the same will be said for MCHS. He brought two assistants from LaVergne with him and kept one of Johnson's assistants on the staff. I wouldn't be shocked if some former coaches at the school re-join the staff this year either. If they don't then oh well but I'd bet on them sticking around and being a part of Marshall County Tiger Football this next fall.

Hope the holidays went good for the boys and the coaches because school starts back soon and that's when the work has to begin because Marshall Co. has much to do to compete & catch up with some of this region's top programs (ie David Lipscomb & Cheatham Co.) :ph34r:

I don't think they have to do that much to catch up. I would be willing to bet they would do very well in a lifting competition...I also think they would have more players under a 4.8-40 right now too.

They do have to learn some schemes and technique as well as acquire some discipline, but all of this can/will happen in the next couple of months. This isn't college football where turning things around takes awhile. They might beat CC and DL next year!

Making the playoffs in this region is a challenge as you've seen the last two years with Creek Wood, Spring Hill, Marshall Co., & Giles Co. all having made the postseason once and missed out once. Page has been a young team the last two years and their expected to make the playoffs next year. Everyone probably expects David Lipscomb & Cheatham Co. to be postseason teams next year with the experience and coaching that those two schools return.

There will likely be three very quality football teams miss the playoffs but would have likely made the playoffs in another region next year because of the high level this region will be at in 2007 :rolleyes:

I have said this before and I say it again. Region 5 3A is the toughest Region in all of 3A. The 4 teams that make it to the playoffs each year have survived most games. This region sends 4 teams to the playoffs that have been battered each and every game that they play.

Many will disagree that this is the toughest region in all of 3A, but I beg to differ and will argue the point with anyone. :lol:

Edited by mctigersportsfan

I have said this before and I say it again. Region 5 3A is the toughest Region in all of 3A. The 4 teams that make it to the playoffs each year have survived most games. This region sends 4 teams to the playoffs that have been battered each and every game that they play.

Many will disagree that this is the toughest region in all of 3A, but I beg to differ and will argue the point with anyone. :thumb:

It's funny too because last year I thought Region 5-3A would go through a bit of a "down year". I figured that because Creek Wood, Page, & Cheatham Co. had huge graduation losses from their 2005 teams. Marshall Co. was predicted to be a preseason region front-runner but the whole Johnson/Stratford fiasco combined with Kellen Gower's preseason injury hurt them going into the season. Giles Co. was a team that got hot down the stretch in '05 but their coach had left and we all didn't really know what to expect from them. Spring Hill was a winless team in '05 with a coach who'd just returned home from war heading into last season.

It was obvious to everyone that David Lipscomb was the odds-on-favorite to win the region championship but after that was just????????????????????????????? <_<

In the first round of last year's playoffs Region 5 had three teams advance to play in the second round of the playoffs and then they had two representatives play in what was possibly "The Game of the Year" in the Quarterfinals. If you go by the postseason numbers 2006 was a bigger success than was 2005 in Region 5-3A despite the fact that Cheatham Co., Creek Wood, & Marshall Co. had all gotten worse :blink: Go Firgure :rolleyes:

In 2006 I thought personally that Region 4-3A was the best region in Class 3A from top-to-bottom. Yes there will be those who say Region 2-3A won the state title again BUT you have to notice that I said Region 4-3A was the best from TOP-TO-BOTTOM!!!! Pearl Cohn, Station Camp, White House, & Sycamore all made the playoffs with winning records and all of them advanced to the second round of the playoffs. That doesn't even include Macon Co. (who I believe was without question the best non-playoff team in Class 3A in 2006).

Why not Region 2-3A?????? Region 2 had two teams (Fulton & Knoxville Catholic) that would have won any other Class 3A region in the state last year BUT after that there was only one team (Austin East) that could have even played with any of the top five in Region 4-3A last year.

BACK TO REGION 5-3A NOW............................

In 2007 Region 5-3A will easily be the top region in Class 3A from top-to-bottom in my honest opinion. There will at least be 6 TEAMS in the playoff hunt going into week ten next year and I wouldn't be shocked if that number were 7 TEAMS!!! David Lipscomb will be the favorite to win the region title next year but they won't be as heavy of a favorite as they were throughout this past year. Coach Glen McAdams bunch returns a ton of experience in the offensive backfield next year. Marshall Co. & Page were both exceptionally young football teams that will be experienced in 2007 and both will also be MUCH BETTER COACHED with the additions of Don Thomas & Jack Daniels. Creek Wood went through a bit of a rebuilding mode after their first playoff run this past season and I'd expect coach Chuck Daniel to have them right back in the thick of things next fall. Giles Co. & Cheatham Co. were two playoff teams from this past year that return a bunch of key players to the gridiron next fall (especially on the defensive side of the football). Both teams do have to replace some offensive skill players that are departing but outside of that each team's nucleus pretty much returns.

Many will disagree that this is the toughest region in all of 3A, but I beg to differ and will argue the point with anyone. :rolleyes:

Let's see...which district has had 5 or 6 state championships in a row...

Case closed. Go 2-3A! <_<

Case closed. Go 2-3A! :rolleyes:

2001: Austin East

2002: Ridgeway

2003 & 2004: Fulton

2005: Livingston Academy

2006: Fulton

You said "5 or 6 state championshipsin a row". GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!

You've won four consecutive state titles & five of the last six <_<

Now with that having been said I have given your region credit where credit is due. You had the two top teams in Class 3A this past year IN MY OPINION!!! Fulton or Knoxville Catholic had to be the odds on favorite to win it all after one would eventually eliminate the other (it just so happened that Knoxville Catholic blew a fourth quarter lead to a team that they'd beaten the first time around). Fulton proved they would have won either Region 4-3A OR Region 5-3A when they beat Pearl Cohn & David Lipscomb (the midstate's two best Class 3A schools) within a two week period. Knoxville Catholic could have done the same if they'd have brought their A-GAME to the fourth quarter in the quarterfinal game against Fulton. Oh well :thumb:

HOWEVER, my argument to all Region 2-3A fans is that after Fulton & Catholic who else was there last year????????? Austin East would have been a playoff team in Region 4-3A or Region 5-3A in all likelyhood last year but that's about it. Region 2-3A had two great teams and a good team while Region 4-3A had one great team and four very good teams. Kingston, Scott, nor Anderson Co. would have sniffed the playoffs in Region 4-3A last season. THAT'S A GUARANTEE!!!!! That's why I'll say that the best overall region last year in Class 3A FROM TOP-TO-BOTTOM was without question Region 4-3A. Next year I'm betting that honor will go to Region 5-3A.

Case closed. Go 2-3A! :lol:

I do not see where it was posted that Region 5 3A has had a ton of championships. The post states that it is the toughest region.

Like posted -- Maybe they don't win championships since they beat up on each other so badly during the regular season.