Cloudland Football

THE KING

Its really up to Roby as to what he tries to run. He is the one thats going to take the flack if Cloudland is not successful. No Coach wants to lose, its not alot of fun. I'll be behind and his staff and would be willing to help out in anyway possible. It don't take many years like last season to destroy a program. Its sad to see a once proud proud program on the decline. All I can say is GETTTTTTTTTURRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Edited by pujo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spread Offense isn't the issue becouse I know that we are going to have the players to run it. Look back and if you know anything about the Junior Highlanders you know how fast and how many good kids were thair the last two years. The real coaching job will be turning those good, fast RB's into Recivers. I can think of at least six RB's, so if the coach can make good hands players out of them and keep the rinning skills we will be in for a good year. Now I'm not saying we will win the State Championship next year but we won't be 2-8 eather. Just stick with Robbie, I know he will turn things around.

Thats good to know King ,I see your point also.I know we need some changes I was just saying that I hope robbie wasn't planning on abandoning the running game altogether.look at what happened to unaka when they tried it against hampton it looked terrible and they payed the price.I just dont think I could sit through another season like this past one.Im not a football guru like some of the others on here but i know a good offense when i see it.what I meant by that not being cloudland football is because is I'm so used to seeing us play smashmouth football but i do see the need for change.we're not going to win a state championship just by running the ball we really do need to catch up with the rest of the state.I think robbie is going in the right direction with this and I know we have some good talent coming up from the jr. high team and maybe all the pieces will come together.Im behind you all the way i guess its just going to take some patience and some getting used to something different.like you said Im all for good changes.

Cuda, I agree with most of your post, but you have to understand that you can run the football out of the spread. People, we are not just going to pass, pass, pass. For some reason, everyone believes that Cloudland is just going to air it out because they are spreading the field, but really it is the opposite. We cannot continue to run a double tight end set with a flanker and we cannot continue to run the power I, because lets face it, we don't have the big men up front anymore. Teams are going to stack the box, they are going to predict us, they are going to stop us like they did this year. We have to develop a short passing game with half back and wide reciever screens and quick slants to keep defenses from blitzing every dad gum play. Last year, Cloudland did not mix up the snap count and the defense stayed in our backfield and the only pass that Keith would try to run is that crazy hop pass right in the middle of 4 defenders. Robbie is broadening the playbook and I thinks its just great. The fans need to have confidence that it will eventually work and that its a step in the right direction. Just because its Cloudland doesn't mean there can be no changes. I'm all for some good changes. :lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, look out for a new and improved football program next year. These boys are working their tails off. We are going to be a very physical football team next season. Once again, Cloudland will be the most feared 1-A football program this side of bulls gap. I fully support our new head coach. Everyone that is a fan of Cloudland football should get behind him. He's going in the right direction! Whoo!! :thumb:

GO CLOUDLAND!

Good to have your support, Cuda. It would be impossible to win if you completely abandoned the running game. Just think about our playoff game at home against Midway in 2005. We started out running the double tight end stuff and Midway stopped it with ease. We didn't start eating up any yards at all til we spread the field with 3 wideouts. The linebackers had to back off and big Jonah had more room to run. When you have threats at reciever, it makes it easier on your running game because the defense can't just crash and dash or they'll get caught with their britches down. Thats what killed us against Ezell. We only had Jon Gibbs who was a great reciever. We scored first because Ezell was keying on our run, but see that was our only reciever and it worked only once because we didn't have enough threats all over the field to keep their defense on its heels. Just give it time. The gold ball is coming to Roan Mt.

Hopefully, I can give everyone some weightroom stats after Christmas. Right now, we are very weak. We may have two or three kids that can bench press over 200 lbs. However, with a lot of hard work, I believe we can have 15 or more kids benching 225 or better by spring practice. Now gitttttttter, done!!!!!! whoo! B)

Hopefully, I can give everyone some weightroom stats after Christmas. Right now, we are very weak. We may have two or three kids that can bench press over 200 lbs. However, with a lot of hard work, I believe we can have 15 or more kids benching 225 or better by spring practice. Now gitttttttter, done!!!!!! whoo! B)

Good luck! The weight room will make a difference.

Hopefully, I can give everyone some weightroom stats after Christmas. Right now, we are very weak. We may have two or three kids that can bench press over 200 lbs. However, with a lot of hard work, I believe we can have 15 or more kids benching 225 or better by spring practice. Now gitttttttter, done!!!!!! whoo! :lol:

sounds like we need alot of work in the weight room,hope the kids see the need to work hard.we got pushed around quite a bit this year.

And thats unheard of, Cuda. We've done the pushing for so long, its just hard to sit and watch other teams come on to our field and "pull our shirts over our heads and make us cry like little girls". I do believe the other teams were just that much stronger than us, because according to our stats, most of the bench presses are close to that of the Lady Highlander basketball team. If that doesn't fuel the fire in these boys then nothing will.

On another note, I was watching some old football tapes last night when Robbie was our QB. Hard to believe he's in the position he's in now. Our teams back then were driven around physical, physical defenses and he did an incredible job at Quarterback. I'm sure he learned a lot at Emory and Henry as well. Time has really gone by and its hard to get these boys to understand that they need to put their all into these next four years. Are they going to be remembered as the Cloudland teams that got pushed around? Or are they going to return to being the abuser. Its a question of how much do they love the game. Are they statisfied with just sitting around and playing X-Boxes, skateboarding, or being a junkie? Or do they want to put 100% into being the best at the greatest sport in the world today? Its really up to the team. The coaches are there. They know what it takes and they will put 100% into their jobs. The rest is left with our young players.

Turbeyfille played for Cloudland, so that in itself is positive. He's a Roan Mountain bred Highlander, and my heart says that he is in this for more than just the "glory" for lack of a better word.

I just hope that the general community is going to back up what I have heard is going to be some good play changes in the forecast. I absolutely hope that he knows what he is up against. It's a tough stadium at Orr Field.

I feel very positive about all this :thumb:

Edited by Maynardette