Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I'd like to hear team's from outside these 3 plead their case on how they'd beat any of these 3 teams with a full roster...All three of these teams have things that they are excellent at....UC pressures you the entire game with good speed...They also have quality 3 point shooting from many players...Humboldt has a great inside game for a 1A level school...With 3 starter's at atleast 6'4, and another 6'4 guy on the bench...Their size is hard to match...They're also very long and athletic..Lake Co. also has an impressive press...They shoot the 3-ball well and they're F/G's penetrate well...They have decent size as well...I don't believe anyone in 1A can run with any of the three mentioned above.. :thumb:

Edited by red_16

Alright Everybody here is a thread dedicated to the THREE BEST 1A teams in the state.....Have at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else in 1A Tennessee basketball think you can handle these three???...Tell us why....

Well, Union City is handling Dresden with not much trouble.

Halftime

Union City 65

Dresden 40

Now U C 69

Dresden 42 just starting the second half.

Dresden gave Union City just a very, very, very, very small test in the first quarter but the defense has come through again.

Who's next ?????

The Lake County game might be good for a quarter or 2 but I think Union City will run them down. With Jimmy Whitby on the bench that is their sixth man and he can coach but in big games has had trouble in the past.

We'll see. Hope for a good , clean game from both.

I will update the final on U C & Dresden after the game.

Lights went out again with 2:13 left in the 3rd quarter....Union City leads 86-59.....Probably another 10 minute delay....Looks to be a long night....

Jeremy Simpson has tied his career high with 26 points already....Tony Wilkins has 17....MJ has 14, and Cedric Allen has 10....

Will Levister leads Dresden with 15....Tyson Wright has 11 and Dwayne Bailey has 13....

Well, Union City is handling Dresden with not much trouble.

Halftime

Union City 65

Dresden 40

Now U C 69

Dresden 42 just starting the second half.

Dresden gave Union City just a very, very, very, very small test in the first quarter but the defense has come through again.

Who's next ?????

The Lake County game might be good for a quarter or 2 but I think Union City will run them down. With Jimmy Whitby on the bench that is their sixth man and he can coach but in big games has had trouble in the past.

We'll see. Hope for a good , clean game from both.

I will update the final on U C & Dresden after the game.

End of the 3rd

Union City 92

Dresden 65

There have been 2 Electrical Power Failures during the game.

Most ever points scored by a Union City team 108 ( X 2 )

Under Coach Shane Sisco 107

Looks like this record just might get broken tonight.

End of the 3rd

Union City 92

Dresden 65

There have been 2 Electrical Power Failures during the game.

Most ever points scored by a Union City team 108 ( X 2 )

Under Coach Shane Sisco 107

Looks like this record just might get broken tonight.

Union City just hit 100 with a little over 5 left in the game....The record looks to be broken easily tonight....

Yeh, I'd like to hear team's from outside these 3 plead their case on how they'd beat any of these 3 teams with a full roster...All three of these teams have things that they are excellent at....UC pressures you the entire game with good speed...They also have quality 3 point shooting from many players...Humboldt has a great inside game for a 1A level school...With 3 starter's at atleast 6'4, and another 6'4 guy on the bench...Their size is hard to match...They're also very long and athletic..Lake Co. also has an impressive press...They shoot the 3-ball well and they're F/G's penetrate well...They have decent size as well...I don't believe anyone in 1A can run with any of the three mentioned above.. :thumb:

Don't forget the coaches for these teams..each have been to state. I know Whitby and Sisco have been multiple times, but i don't know about Humboldt's. I think the all-state team could be from this district alone as well.