Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I don't know about Halls, but get this...The Humboldt boys game tonight just started...Two scary injuries in the girls game involving a girl from Dresden possibly breaking her neck...Later in the game, a Humboldt player hits her head on the floor...Both were taken to the hospital...Prayers for both would be appreciated

That kind of puts things in perspective.....Praying for both young ladies...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But reading between the lines there is always this "Yeah But"with Lake County and Humboldt fans regarding the Tornadoes...Humboldt won't be ready till around Christmas,of course after the game with UC...Lake County will be better in a couple weeks,of course after the game with the Tornadoes....It gets a little old....What was it last year when Union City beat the brakes off Lake County in Tiptonville??..Oh we didn't shoot the ball that well...Well no they didn't...Why??..Oh because we just didn't...Could it be because UC played tough defense??..When LC beat UC in UC with 4 starters out suspended..It was oh..Union City always makes excuses..LOL...You can't win...Union City wins the state championship..Yeah but you didn't beat Humboldt...Well,no because Humboldt couldn't make the finals...

Yes,Humboldt has alot of potential,but as my old high school football coach said,"Potential means you haven't done anything yet."

I know some folks give Union City credit,but alot don't and some (Lake Co. Fans)still can't stand the fact that UC & Humboldt are in 1A...again..Yeah But...

Who do you honestly feel was the best team last year between Humboldt and UC?

You'd be lying to yourself if you said UC, even though UC had the best player between the two teams and the better coaching...When UC played Humboldt, Humboldt and UC always brought their game..UC didn't once and the result was South Fulton...However, if I would've asked you the same question after the first game last year, you would've said UC...I've given all the props in the world to UC...During the preseason, I didn't expect them to be as good as people from UC were saying they were...I've since said they are a great team...The best team in the state right now...There's no "yeah, but's" or any of that...UC beat Humboldt...I also think UC will beat LC...I also believe Humboldt will beat UC in Humboldt and LC will play them tougher after Christmas...UC is near their peak now...You can't play much better than they are...I know that Humboldt is capable of much better when they get everything together...I expect LC is in the same situation...I don't like being accused of making excuses, because I hate when others do it, therefore I try to avoid it...All I'm doing is trying to be realistic here...

So, here's my statement...I'm sure everyone from UC with a pulse and a coacht account will jump on me for this and I'm sure LC won't like it either but...

Come tournament time, Humboldt will be the best team in the district, region, and state.

There, come tournament time, if I'm wrong...I want everyone to let me know about it...Please, do...Crow will taste just fine by me...I don't expect to be eating any though

Edited by red_16

That kind of puts things in perspective.....Praying for both young ladies...

Yes...everyone does need to take time to stop and remember that it is just a game...We can have fun with the debating over who's better and who's going to beat who but it's things like these that make our arguments seem dumb and pointless....You hate to see when things like this happen to student-athletes

You'd be lying to yourself if you said UC, even though UC had the best player between the two teams and the better coaching...When UC played Humboldt, Humboldt always brought their game...However, if I would've asked you the same question after the first game last year, you would've said UC...I've given all the props in the world to UC...During the preseason, I didn't expect them to be as good as people from UC were saying they were...I've since said they are a great team...There's no "yeah, but's" or any of that...UC beat Humboldt...UC will beat LC...I also believe Humboldt will beat UC in Humboldt and LC will play them tougher after Christmas...UC is near their peak now...You can't play much better than they are...I know that Humboldt is capable of much better when they get everything together...I expect LC is in the same situation...I don't like being accused of making excuses, because I hate when others do it, therefore I try to avoid it...All I'm doing is trying to be realistic here...

So, here's my statement...I'm sure everyone from UC with a pulse and a coacht account will jump on me for this and I'm sure LC won't like it either but...

Come tournament time, Humboldt will be the best team in the district, region, and state.

There, come tournament time, if I'm wrong...I want everyone to let me know about it...Please, do...Crow will taste just fine by me...I don't expect to be eating any though

You know,if you haven't followed Union City over the years,you wouldn't know about this peaking thing....Union City will not peak in December or January...Sisco knows there are quite a few things to improve on...Union City will get better....Deep down,I imagine Sisco would have wanted UC to lose those games in Bolivar..Only from a coaching standpoint...Union City played probably a perfect game against Bolivar..You don't just go down there and rout a program like that...UC beat them more than they did Bradford....

You'd be lying to yourself if you said UC, even though UC had the best player between the two teams and the better coaching...When UC played Humboldt, Humboldt and UC always brought their game..UC didn't once and the result was South Fulton...However, if I would've asked you the same question after the first game last year, you would've said UC...I've given all the props in the world to UC...During the preseason, I didn't expect them to be as good as people from UC were saying they were...I've since said they are a great team...The best team in the state right now...There's no "yeah, but's" or any of that...UC beat Humboldt...I also think UC will beat LC...I also believe Humboldt will beat UC in Humboldt and LC will play them tougher after Christmas...UC is near their peak now...You can't play much better than they are...I know that Humboldt is capable of much better when they get everything together...I expect LC is in the same situation...I don't like being accused of making excuses, because I hate when others do it, therefore I try to avoid it...All I'm doing is trying to be realistic here...

Time for my answer.............

This is for ANYONE out there who doesn't or can't understand about basketball, team play and kids who work hard starting with you red_16........

I beleive that the word " Team " doesn't have an " I " in it does it? Ok, a team is made up of: Coaches, Players, Managers, Video Person ( Students ) etc...

Humboldt might have had the best players, who will ever know but I know this, Union City won last year when it counted. Just like the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series ( Which I am a BIG Fan of ) No-one, and I mean NO ONE gave the Cardinals a chance to win the Gold Baseball this past Fall. Guess What, They played as a team and played their best baseball at the right time. 2006 World Chapions St. Louis Cardinals. Same thing for Union City last year.

Now, I do not like to talk about caoches because they have a tough enough time as it is, but if Humboldt had Shane Sisco or Marty or someone like them on their bench they would have probably won it all last year and would be undefeated this year. For example, during the Humboldt / Union City game this year when we spanked your tail, you out dunked us ( 2 points per shot ), and out played us in a very few minutes, your coach didn't even know when to call a time out and if he had he didn't know what to say to the players. I know he is a decent coach but that is the beginning and the end of a great team. You can't win if you don't have a caoch but you can win if you have a coach with players that are coachable.

Union City has won ( 4 ) Gold Basketballs off of teams that work hard with hard working and knowlegable coaches.

Enough said.

I am not a gambling man, but I will say come tournament time no one, and I MEAN NO ONE will out caoch Shane or Marty Sisco and with that on our bench it makes up for extra players, height, you name it and WE GOT IT>>>>

Go UNion City.

To the question about who was better.....Well on the surface you say Humboldt because they beat Union City three out of four....

Union City won the game at Union City.....Humboldt came back from a big deficit to win in Humboldt....The game at South Fulton,there is no questioning that..Humboldt led throughout and even led UC big before Weddle went out with the injury.....The game in the regionals was the best gauge of the two teams...That game could have gone either way..Union City led the game with under a minute left to play,but lost 86-83.....Believe me red,I would not have bet against Sisco in Murfreesboro...I'm also positive that a Humboldt-UC state championship would have been much more entertaining than the Grace game....Coaching will win out in the post season....Sometimes the very best teams don't win it all...But,it's not Union City's fault Humboldt lost in the semis to a clearly inferior team..You have to look at that loss closely and why you lost...The Vikings had no gameplan whatsoever except go down and chunk up three point shots....You give me one game in a state tournament championship game atmosphere with the Siscos coaching and I'll take Union City over Humboldt every time...And as you found out last year...So what if Humboldt got the better of UC in the 4 meetings??...Union City got the prize....Now,what will that do this year for Humboldt??..I'm pretty sure it gives Union City pretty good incentive to beat Humboldt....These kids know each other...There are alot of family ties between Union City and Humboldt...I'm sure Union City players heard all summer how Humboldt beat them three times....I'm not positive Humboldt will beat them this year...But,I'll tell you this,you better get Union City in the regular season or the region semis,because Humboldt doesn't want anything to do with Union City in Murfreesboro...

You know,if you haven't followed Union City over the years,you wouldn't know about this peaking thing....Union City will not peak in December or January...Sisco knows there are quite a few things to improve on...Union City will get better....Deep down,I imagine Sisco would have wanted UC to lose those games in Bolivar..Only from a coaching standpoint...Union City played probably a perfect game against Bolivar..You don't just go down there and rout a program like that...UC beat them more than they did Bradford....

Would you agree that the team of two year's ago peaked too early? Would you agree that the teams of two year's ago and this year are similar...Maybe a more balanced attack this year, but Coby and Weddle were unbelievable that year...I also kind of question UC in close games...If they get in a close game, who's their go-to-guy...Humboldt can go to Sain or Epperson...LC can go to Geanes or Springer...Who does UC go to at the end of the game when they HAVE to have a basket? I don't think they know yet...Some will say MJ Brown...Maybe Cedric Allen? I just don't see it...I think if you defend well his game is limited to shooting from the peremiter....I think MJ is a great all around player but I don't think he's capable of taking over a game against LC or Humboldt offensively...I think MJ Brown is a year away from being a dominant offensive player, very similar to Weddle

Edited by red_16

Stats from tonight LC/Halls game: LC 73/54 Halls

Valentine 50% 8pts.

Johnson 100% 4 pts.

Geanes 60% 18 pts. 4/5 of 3's

Copeland 67% 18 pts.

Springer 42% 10 pts.

Robertson 100% 8 pts.

Abbott(sp?) 50% 11pts.

Young 100% 3 pts.

Demitrious(sp?) 3pts.

I realize their is an error here, but these numbers will be close.

Starters : Valentine, Johnson, Geanes, Copeland, Springer.

:thumb: Praying for the injured girls. I hate to hear that. It could happen anywhere in the blink of an eye couldn't it? Someone please let us know how they are doing.

I don't know about Halls, but get this...The Humboldt boys game tonight just started...Two scary injuries in the girls game involving a girl from Dresden possibly breaking her neck...Later in the game, a Humboldt player hits her head on the floor...Both were taken to the hospital...Prayers for both would be appreciated

Both of the injured players were from Humboldt. As of the end of the game, only one went to the hospital. I believe she was airlifted from the school. I was praying for both of them and will continue to do so. It was scary.

Both girls were from humboldt, heard they had a 30 minute delay in between.

Both of the injured players were from Humboldt. As of the end of the game, only one went to the hospital. I believe she was airlifted from the school. I was praying for both of them and will continue to do so. It was scary.

How did the two injuries occurr?

Red..You're not going to get the nanswer you're wanting to hear..They're going to say they won when it counted..Now ..at the same time..Can you say that Humboldt was better than Lake Co last year?Lake Co proved three times and once in a lop -sided win at Humboldt...As for Tuesday night..I know w ewill be a better team in a few weeks ..no matter what U.C. thinks...I'm also not conceding a defeat to U.C. this week..We haven't been as sharp on offense but the defense has been pretty good..I didn't get to make the Lake Co -Halls game tonight but did go to Dyer Co and Crockett because it's only about 3 miles from my house..But I did receive a call saying that Lake Co was winning about 36-15 at the half..Sounds like pretty good defense...I also was told that Dominic Kimble quit the team..but don't know for a fact..and that Russel Avery didn't play tonight because he left his shorts at home and Whitby had him sit in the bleachers..That may not be true ..just what information I received..I heard Lake Co emptied their bench and won by about 20 points..Doesn't sound too bad..U.C. is doing a lot of talking about winning by 25 points..Lake Co isn't Bradford..I don't believe any team would beat Lake Co by that score...People don't know how Whitby coaches..And when yall look at the scores..you think Lake Co doesn't have anything...I saw U.C. play Humboldt and I believe we will have a closer score than that game was...And maybe even a win!

Edited by mrbigster

Red..You're not going to get the nanswer you're wanting to hear..They're going to say they won when it counted..Now ..at the same time..Can you say that Humboldt was better than Lake Co last year?Lake Co proved three times and once in a lop -sided win at Humboldt...As for Tuesday night..I know w ewill be a better team in a few weeks ..no matter what U.C. thinks...I'm also not conceding a defeat to U.C. this week..We haven't been as sharp on offense but the defense has been pretty good..I didn't get to make the Lake Co -Halls game tonight but did go to Dyer Co and Crockett because it's only about 3 miles from my house..But I did receive a call saying that Lake Co was winning about 36-15 at the half..Sounds like pretty good defense...I also was told that Dominic Kimble quit the team..but don't know for a fact..and that Russel Avery didn't play tonight because he left his shorts at home and Whitby had him sit in the bleachers..That may not be true ..just what information I received..I heard Lake Co emptied their bench and won by about 20 points..Doesn't sound too bad..U.C. is doing a lot of talking about winning by 25 points..Lake Co isn't Bradford..I don't believe any team would beat Lake Co by that score...People don't know how Whitby coaches..And when yall look at the scores..you think Lake Co doesn't have anything...I saw U.C. play Humboldt and I believe we will have a closer score than that game was...And maybe even a win!

Word from a player is that dominic did quit. Why? Who knows.

Alos, from the same source, Averys shorts were stolen by someone and coach wouldn't let him play. Apparently this is a common thing on the team...

That's the word on the street as of game time.