Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Guy's as you know I am a huge UC fan. Humboldt played a heck of a game. UC tried to go in the inside against a much bigger Humboldt crew and had no success. It seemed that they really got out of there normal style of play which is to rely mostly on the outside shots. Also, great coaching, great timing on the time-outs called by Humboldt. They never let UC get in a rhythm.

Regardless, its over. I give all the credit to the Vikings as they played a heck of a game. It seemed that they finally are showing what they should have done all year...using there size to there advantage.

Now heres the challenge: BRING HOME THE GOLD BALL SOMEONE FROM 14A!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I don't think I've had a longer ride home than the one from Atwood tonite.....This was a shock.....

I posted earlier if Humboldt had a game where their guards were on AND their inside players came to play Humboldt would be hard to handle......Well,tonite they got it and they played probably their best game of the season.....Jackson and Wade were pretty awesome tonite...Sain was a monster while in there...Epperson played big tonite...Note to EJ...Try not drinking so much caffiene before the game,you might not have so may cramps...

The atmosphere tonite was spectacular...Both teams had excellent support from their communities.....I still wish I could find the goober with the whistle in the crowd...Whoever that was,you have no class....You caused a disturbance and took away from the game for about the entire first half.....

Note to the rest of the state.....No need to relax,nobody in the state(1A),other than Lake County could have competed on that court tonite......14A will still bring home the Gold....

All I can say to the Humboldt team and their fans is congratulations..You laid everything on the line tonite.....If you get that effort all year,you guys are looking at being the number 1 ranked team....I think you saw your potential tonite....It's in you,you know now that you can play at a very top level....Next is to take that kind of focus and intensity to the next game and beyond...

Now to Union City.....I can't tell you how much fun I had watching you guys play this season...You guys played with class and you represented your school and your town to the highest level.....You can tell a person's class in loss...Union City lost tonite just like they won their 30 other games this season,with class and dignity...Do I believe the better team won???...They did tonite..They did when it mattered the very most,but there are two top 5 teams that have played Union City 6 times and they have won one time....Do I think the best team in the state will win the state tournament??..No,it will be residing in Union City..I think Humboldt fans,more than anybody know that feeling...You guys beat the state champions last year 3 out of 4 games..Yeah,you know the feeling.....Again,thank you to the Union City players and it's coaches for a wonderful season...One thing to remember,and you might want to ask your coach about this....The best Union City team in the 90's DID NOT win the state championship....The 1991 team,in my opinion and alot of others,was the best team Union City had..Union City was an ankle and a butt bone from winning THREE consecutive state titles 90-92..They regrouped and won the state the following year...Continue to work hard and improve and we will be seeing the Purple and Gold in Murfreesboro very soon.....

Well,I don't think I've had a longer ride home than the one from Atwood tonite.....This was a shock.....

I posted earlier if Humboldt had a game where their guards were on AND their inside players came to play Humboldt would be hard to handle......Well,tonite they got it and they played probably their best game of the season.....Jackson and Wade were pretty awesome tonite...Sain was a monster while in there...Epperson played big tonite...Note to EJ...Try not drinking so much caffiene before the game,you might not have so may cramps...

The atmosphere tonite was spectacular...Both teams had excellent support from their communities.....I still wish I could find the goober with the whistle in the crowd...Whoever that was,you have no class....You caused a disturbance and took away from the game for about the entire first half.....

Note to the rest of the state.....No need to relax,nobody in the state(1A),other than Lake County could have competed on that court tonite......14A will still bring home the Gold....

All I can say to the Humboldt team and their fans is congratulations..You laid everything on the line tonite.....If you get that effort all year,you guys are looking at being the number 1 ranked team....I think you saw your potential tonite....It's in you,you know now that you can play at a very top level....Next is to take that kind of focus and intensity to the next game and beyond...

Now to Union City.....I can't tell you how much fun I had watching you guys play this season...You guys played with class and you represented your school and your town to the highest level.....You can tell a person's class in loss...Union City lost tonite just like they won their 30 other games this season,with class and dignity...Do I believe the better team won???...They did tonite..They did when it mattered the very most,but there are two top 5 teams that have played Union City 6 times and they have won one time....Do I think the best team in the state will win the state tournament??..No,it will be residing in Union City..I think Humboldt fans,more than anybody know that feeling...You guys beat the state champions last year 3 out of 4 games..Yeah,you know the feeling.....Again,thank you to the Union City players and it's coaches for a wonderful season...One thing to remember,and you might want to ask your coach about this....The best Union City team in the 90's DID NOT win the state championship....The 1991 team,in my opinion and alot of others,was the best team Union City had..Union City was an ankle and a butt bone from winning THREE consecutive state titles 90-92..They regrouped and won the state the following year...Continue to work hard and improve and we will be seeing the Purple and Gold in Murfreesboro very soon.....

PEABODY BEAT LAKE CO!?!!?!?!?!?!?! :):D:):D

Great responses but bottom line UC and LC will be sitting in the stands or on the couch...Humboldt will go deep...They must get the ball inside to Sain he was the dominate factor of the game tonight...He scored when needed, blocked or changed shot and rebounded like the ball belonged to him...Great job Humboldt...Big props to Odell he handled the ball great tonight...

I want to congratulate Union City Boys and their girls on a great season. Even though Humboldt has a great team and beat UC tonight, I still am totally shocked that it happened. My heart goes out to the Union City Tornadoes, because of their loss tonight. Obviously this just goes to show that you can never count your chickens before they hatch. ( and I really don't think they did) Let's just hope that both LC and Humboldt can play a great chanmpionship game in the Regionals and then somehow get to play each other in the state finals. Cause these three teams are some of the best in the state.

By the way THE VOLS were awesome tonight beating Florida.

So I guess all the predictions about the UC Dynasty were shattered tonight, and someone forgot to tell Trenton that Lake County was the next best team still playing in Tennessee. So all LC fans and UC fans show all that class and support for this region and your district and come back and buy a ticket and watch Humboldt and Trenton play for the right to play Middleton and Memphis Westside. It's amazing how fast we want to crown someone the next great dynasty when we forget that UC only made it to the Boro last season because of a ghost timeout call after a 10 second back court call at Middleton that allowed them the opportunity to hit a last second shot just to get to the state. Remember Middleton has as much right to claim a dynasty as anyone and they are still playing. So let's hear everyone crown the next dynasty. I know the kids at Liberty hope you don't start calling them the next great thing.

i was at the game also...in the student section! union city didn't look like the normal union city team that i seen play all year...backinthaoc, i agree with everything you said...that overconfidence got to ya though...but tonight was just nuts...not only did the #1 team in the state get beat...lake co. also got beat by trenton!!! wow...this night was nuts! i knew odell would have to have a great night tonight and he did...everyone was on their game tonight for humboldt...sain and epperson had a great game down low owning the glass...but congrats to union city for a great season! o...the so called "whistle" was a girl screaming..she has a high pitched scream and she's a friend of mine...also, backinthaoc, that feeling about trenton winning wasn't indigestion...lol

o...also...CuRbSiDe...WhO?!?!

Edited by frankieD12

Tonight was a night of upsets..Peabody beat Lake Co 80-79..Congrats to both Humboldt and Peobody..Just like March Madness..teams have to come play every night and if you don't..you go home..Lake Co was called for several charging calls that wiped points off the board..Trenton had a two point lead with just seconds left in the half and hit about a 40 footer at the buzzer to take a 5 point lead..Should have known then,it wasn't Lake County's night..Channin Geanes once again picked up two fouls in the first quarter and didn't play the 2nd quarter..Lake Co also had a 5 or 6 point lead with about a minute and half left in the game and took some crazy shots when they should have let the air out of the ball and took time off the clock...Lake Co also had a 1 point lead with about 8 or 9 seconds left and was shooting a 1 and 1..Hit the free throws ..Lake Co probably wins..Sep missed and Lake Co watched Yancy drive and weave around their players and shoot a layup at the buzzer for the win...All in All..Lake Co doesn't play smart ball sometimes and tonight it cost them..The officiating was a lot to be desired..but Lake Co did't deserve to win!Good luck to Humboldt and Peabody!

Edited by mrbigster

wow just found out that UC lost. that's hilarious!!!! Now UC fans can get off their high horse and bend over and take it. You guys predicted the whole time that you would win it all, and for the most part you had many of us believing that. Well I did cause last year you guys impressed me. I am sure UC is a great team, and in no way am I dogging the players. Congrats on a good season. I am just glad that the fans on here can't run their mouths. I am positive that West will be represented well at the Boro, but for now, UC fans can shut up and put their foots in their mouths. You shouldn't talk so much crap on here. congrats to Humbodlt. Good luck to the other teams remaining.

i was at the game also...in the student section! union city didn't look like the normal union city team that i seen play all year...backinthaoc, i agree with everything you said...that overconfidence got to ya though...but tonight was just nuts...not only did the #1 team in the state get beat...lake co. also got beat by trenton!!! wow...this night was nuts! i knew odell would have to have a great night tonight and he did...everyone was on their game tonight for humboldt...sain and epperson had a great game down low owning the glass...but congrats to union city for a great season! o...the so called "whistle" was a girl screaming..she has a high pitched scream and she's a friend of mine...also, backinthaoc, that feeling about trenton winning wasn't indigestion...lol

o...also...CuRbSiDe...WhO?!?!

frankie D...Overconfidence didn't get to me....I'll get up in the morning,the sun will be shining,well after I get to work the sun will be shining and everything will be OK.....Just take care of business and prove to the rest of the state that 14A is the best in the state.....By the way...Way back in a post at the end of the district I said Trenton would win alot of the districts around the state....I also said I had a funny feeling about the Trenton-Lake County game tonite...I guess I shoulda stayed for it but I was a little sick to my stomach.... :D

A team that Union City had beaten by 14 and 18 points this year and another that UC averaged 117 points against in three games are in sub-state....Whowouldathunkit???

wow just found out that UC lost. that's hilarious!!!! Now UC fans can get off their high horse and bend over and take it. You guys predicted the whole time that you would win it all, and for the most part you had many of us believing that. Well I did cause last year you guys impressed me. I am sure UC is a great team, and in no way am I dogging the players. Congrats on a good season. I am just glad that the fans on here can't run their mouths. I am positive that West will be represented well at the Boro, but for now, UC fans can shut up and put their foots in their mouths. You shouldn't talk so much crap on here. congrats to Humbodlt. Good luck to the other teams remaining.

:) You are probably used to being bent over :D

Tonight was a night of upsets..Peabody beat Lake Co 80-79..Congrats to both Humboldt and Peobody..Just like March Madness..teams have to come play every night and if you don't..you go home..Lake Co was called for several charging calls that wiped points off the board..Trenton had a two point lead with just seconds left in the half and hit about a 40 footer at the buzzer to take a 5 point lead..Should have known then,it wasn't Lake County's night..Channin Geanes once again picked up two fouls in the first quarter and didn't play the 2nd quarter..Lake Co also had a 5 or 6 point lead with about a minute and half left in the game and took some crazy shots when they should have let the air out of the ball and took time off the clock...Lake Co also had a 1 point lead with about 8 or 9 seconds left and was shooting a 1 and 1..Hit the free throws ..Lake Co probably wins..Sep missed and Lake Co watched Yancy drive and weave around their players and shoot a layup at the buzzer for the win...All in All..Lake Co doesn't play smart ball sometimes and tonight it cost them..The officiating was a lot to be desired..but Lake Co did't deserve to win!Good luck to Humboldt and Peabody!

Bigster....All I can say is WHAT A NIGHT..... :)

Just found out there were two upsets at West Carroll tonight. Did the Atwood police have enough manpower to control things there after the games? :) Wonder what is going to happen at State now that UC and LC are out. I'm glad that I did not bet on any of the games! Carry the torch Humboldt and Trenton, cause you now have the burden on your shoulders to represent your district and your region. Prove yourself worthy of what you have done.

Edited by GHvolrebel