District 9A - Friday night - Dec. 8th

grammar

Well in the last round I was 2 for 3 with my wrong pick being the one I chose with my heart. :thumb:

This Friday I'll say Eagleville empties the bench against Boyd and wins by 37.

With the vikings coming into our place, I'll say we right the ship (picking with my heart again) and eeke out a close one by 7.

The boys from the mountain going into shankleville could be a close game or a forrest blowout (forrest looked really good tuesday), but I'll say a close one because it looks like VB is playing well right now. Home court will be too much though as Forrest wins by 5.

Oh & congrats to the baker kid on his 40+ point game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Forrest is too tough at home for VB I take the Rockets by 15

I think Eagleville by 30 against Boyd.

The Community Versus Cascade will be the game of the night in 9a by far. If we had not already played Eagleville close and opened some eyes I think we might have went in thier and got a suprise win. However since I know Charlie is a fine coach and He and Mike are good friends I think the suprise factor is out the window. I think this will be a close match-up throughout and if Stallings can stay out of foul trouble I think the Vikings have a chance. I am going to pick with my heart as well (which is always the wrong thing to do but I am a fan) I take the Vikings by 2.

I also think this could be a game that could cause some hushes in our stands. If the Vikings can compete with Cascade starting 2 Freshman 2 Sophomores and a Junior I think anyone with any kind of basketball knowledge would have to say that we are headed in the right direction.

On a side note: I thought the Vikings looked very good last night against Boyd. The Freshman played well and D. White played a great game.

Edited by Unionvegas

Dang right D played a game! He is scoring at over a point a minute! I don't get a chance to get on here much so let me do some catch up.

Can David be guarded one on one by anyone in the district...I don't think so.

Can anyone stop Dustin from scoring when he is on the court....I don't think so.

Is there a better 4/5 combination in the paint in D9..I don't think so.

Is there a 1/2/3 player in D9 that david or dustin can't hold to half their normal point poduction...I don't think so.

When the fooling around stops and the boys take the court...watch out!

Of course I am biased..but the perfomance agains eagleville told the story. We have got it going on. :)

Oh come on..starting 2 freshman 2 sophmores and a junior. The freshman have no business getting the minutes they do or starting. If the real team started eagleville would have been a win...ask the eagleville coach, he knows it, trust me he knows it.

If Edmonson is trying to develope his bench to have them ready for a few key moments in the playoffs...say so, we could all accept that. But can everybody please stop pretending the freshman who start have earned their spots...how many games does it take to see that is not true. The stands will hush when starting assignments and playing time are dictated by performance. Ooo, we beat boyd!

Hey grammer, that was an intelligent way to address the points I raise..attack me. In all of this I have yet to see anyone, not one person, say that the freshman who start are better than the boys they have replaced..no one will say because it is not true. And it has been proven on the court six times! By the way, take a look at my early predictions on Eagleville, Forrest and Cascade. B) You can laugh, I'll settle for being right.

Sorry Proud, but your boy is being used to cover up this foolishness. Thank heaven for the vikings that he and the other real guard are still willing to play as hard as they do.

Oh come on..starting 2 freshman 2 sophmores and a junior. The freshman have no business getting the minutes they do or starting. If the real team started eagleville would have been a win...ask the eagleville coach, he knows it, trust me he knows it.

If Edmonson is trying to develope his bench to have them ready for a few key moments in the playoffs...say so, we could all accept that. But can everybody please stop pretending the freshman who start have earned their spots...how many games does it take to see that is not true. The stands will hush when starting assignments and playing time are dictated by performance. Ooo, we beat boyd!

Hey grammer, that was an intelligent way to address the points I raise..attack me. In all of this I have yet to see anyone, not one person, say that the freshman who start are better than the boys they have replaced..no one will say because it is not true. And it has been proven on the court six times! By the way, take a look at my early predictions on Eagleville, Forrest and Cascade. B) You can laugh, I'll settle for being right.

Sorry Proud, but your boy is being used to cover up this foolishness. Thank heaven for the vikings that he and the other real guard are still willing to play as hard as they do.

Eagleville would of been a win???? Give me a break. If you are able to state your opinion then let me voice mine. If we actually had decent refs that night then that game would of been a blow out, and dont even tell me you didnt see when one of our players got slung down right in front of the ref while yalls player was taking the ball out and there was no call, I mean we had to have at least 10 charges against us in that game, but when we would be set to take the charge it was a block. I mean I would of rather had a half blind grandma calling that game then them, and o just so you know these past games the Eagleville coach has started a different post player just about everytime and we are still undefeated. You guys need to beat a good team before you start talking crap. But anyway good luck to your team and the rest of yalls season.

"little"........you must be kidding.........nauseating?........absolutely! A little dose of Humble Pie would do this kid wonders!

I totally agree with you cascade11. And friday night I hope VB shuts them up and I would not be suprised if we dont. By the way they talk if we shut down shankle then we got them beat cause I dont think they got any body else on the team. Just by the way they are talkin that is. There is not an "I" in team.

lol... just lookin out for my boy... get off my back... since the stats dont lie.. i think he is walking the walk while i talk it up for him... you guys would be talking too if you had a player having this kind of year.. 26.3ppg.. C,mon guys... Its not like im talkin about some average player... so shut up, everyone has always said chapel hill was cocky... but if you want us to shut up then come beat us... And im gonna keep talkin about corey until someone that knows basketball notices and gives him the respect he deserves...

Also, i have a question... Is Corey the only one with offers in the district??? If not then who?