Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is the latest from my sources. I will still call all of this rumor, but "educated rumors".

Believe it or not the Owl info has some merit. Coach Potter is in the mix. However, I do not think that it is unusual for all top coaches to talk when any good job comes open. Coach Flatt interviewed for a couple of jobs during his career at BA.

Several opinion makers were blown away by their visit with Coach Quarles and his wife. His Christian values and passion for football impressed. However, the general feel is that it would take at least a ton of money to uproot him from East TN. Nothing that he said, but he has a good thing and is happy at home. BA went from a "general visit with a top coach" to "very interested". Very stong chance of an offer being made.

They were already impressed with Coach Rector and he still remains the favorite. There will be some dark horse alum interviews from the current staff and of course you can't rule out Coach Brothers.

Something could come today or this weekend.

Okay, here is the latest from my sources. I will still call all of this rumor, but "educated rumors".

Believe it or not the Owl info has some merit. Coach Potter is in the mix. However, I do not think that it is unusual for all top coaches to talk when any good job comes open. Coach Flatt interviewed for a couple of jobs during his career at BA.

Several opinion makers were blown away by their visit with Coach Quarles and his wife. His Christian values and passion for football impressed. However, the general feel is that it would take at least a ton of money to uproot him from East TN. Nothing that he said, but he has a good thing and is happy at home. BA went from a "general visit with a top coach" to "very interested". Very stong chance of an offer being made.

They were already impressed with Coach Rector and he still remains the favorite. There will be some dark horse alum interviews from the current staff and of course you can't rule out Coach Brothers.

good scoop....interesting stuff.

You couldn't go wrong with any of those candidates for the BA job, but I kind of hope they give it to Brothers. He's an alum, one of the best players they've ever produced (that cat did it all), and he's done a good job building a program from the ground up at JP II. I really hope that Coach Rector stays at Ravenwood, unless the difference in salary is >$30,000. I just think the job he's done building a public school program from the ground up, in short order, has been amazing. I REALLY hope he stays right where he is.

Quarles is at the same point in his career that Gary Rankin was 12 months ago. Rankin left Riverdale, primarily because of the influx of new schools in Rutherford County (Siegel, Blackman, the planned Rockvale).....eating at his base of athletes. Quarles has accomplished everything that he can at Maryville at the 4A level, but now there is a little uncertainty with them possibly moving up to 5A. I still think they will be mighty successful at the 5A level, but those playoff roads will have a few more potential bumps in it. I kind of hope Quarles gets the job at BA, primarily because I think that Region 6-5A has the best collection coaches in the state with Rector, Crawford, Smith, Clayton, etc. They are showing that it can be done with PUBLIC SCHOOL KIDS!!!!

Curt Masters contacted MBA's headmaster yesterday to request permission to interview Jeff Rutledge -- he is interviewing at BA today. I think that this has been in the works for a while because Rutledge and Masters attend Chruch together and are on good terms.

USA1, since you seem to be the eyes and ears on the BA campus, let us know of any Rutledge sightings!

Curt Masters contacted MBA's headmaster yesterday to request permission to interview Jeff Rutledge -- he is interviewing at BA today. I think that this has been in the works for a while because Rutledge and Masters attend Chruch together and are on good terms.

USA1, since you seem to be the eyes and ears on the BA campus, let us know of any Rutledge sightings!

Wow, that is interesting. I had heard that Rutledge was out of the picture. That would take a lot of $$. MBA compensates very well. With that news I think an annoucement may not be for several days. Also, Curt Masters goes to the hospital Monday for surgery.

If BA went with Quarles, I wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face until next football season. His teams are the most fundamentally sound squads I've ever seen, and, ever since I followed him on the sidelines with a mic during the state quarterfinals two years ago, I've been very impressed with his knowledge of the game and relational coaching style. Don't think for a second that Maryville's tradition won them all those championships.