Crazy things at games

volman09

What are some of the craziest things yal hae seen at a game? Im talking about fights or crazy student sections, Just what are some really interesting things that you all have seen at basketball games and where at? i know this is really weird topic but i think it will be interesting to hear about some stories i can remember some at Ooltewah

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a crazy story and it may sound a bit morbid but I have to chuckle a little when an unsuspecting cheerleader gets bonked with the b-ball during a game. On a serious note though I just saw a commercial for a upcoming show of Inside Edition about a cheerleader who actually got knocked out by a stray ball when it hit her in the face, and that really looked scary not funny.

When I played a couple of years ago, we were playing an away game when my teammate grabbed the ball after an opponents basket and attempted to throw it inbounds. Well, he absolutely chunked this ball and unfortunately missed his target and hit a lady in the head in the 3rd row. She fainted and had to be taken to the hospital. Needless to say, he received many threats from the opposing fans after that one.

I was attending a Basketball game about 2 years ago and a player on the defensive end kept getting madd at the guy he was guarding because he kept grabbing him and stuff. soo the next time down the court he took off running and tackled him over the oppsing teams bench into the stands.. it was pretty funny, and at the same time made many people mad.. at the end the player got ejected and I dont think the coach let him play in another game that year..

The first three that I can think of:

1) rain delay at a region tourny, new gym had a leaking roof

2) game delayed to shattered backboard at region tourny, same gym as above different year

3) at an away game, home team male student stabs home team female student with pen, fight ensues, abulance arrives, visting team gets a techinical foul.

2) game delayed to shattered backboard at region tourny, same gym as above different year

3) at an away game, home team male student stabs home team female student with pen, fight ensues, abulance arrives, visting team gets a techinical foul.

Wouldn't happen to be Smith County, would it????....and I'm not being sarcastic.....

And the funniest thing I've ever seen at a ball game was when a team was getting killed on the road and (probably because they suspected they might) brought a guy who'd never played before, just for kicks. Well, sure enough, the game was very one-sided, and in the 4th quarter, they put the kid in. He had a jersy, but no shorts, only snap up warm up pants to match the color of the team's shorts. Well, about a minute later there was a loose ball, and a guy from the other team went after it, and caught his hand on this guy's pants and ripped them almost all the way off. Well, since he was running, he obviously got tangled in them, fell, and finished the job. Not only that, he didn't have on under armor, or even boxers, but whity-tighties! The ref stopped the game at the next dead ball and one of his teammates had to help him off the court. I laughed until I cried!

Edited by defender25

During the Homecoming game at Sullivan Central it was a tradition for the students to throw toilet paper on the floor after they made their first basket. The administration had been cracking down on it so it was hard for the students to bring the toilet paper into the game. So about 4 years ago the students decided to throw different objects. In this particular game the students threw cups of rice, super balls, live goldflish and one dead squirrel onto the floor.

I remember watching a bartlett game years back before i coached or played there. The other team was up by one point with a few seconds left. Bartlett called a timeout and when they went to throw the ball in they had the guy run out into the lobby and back in the other door. When he came in the other door his guy was nowhere to be found. They threw him the ball under the basket and he hit a last second shot to win the game.

Guest dare_2_dream

Was the rain delay at Blackman, they have had like 4 or 5 that I know of.