Crazy things at games

volman09

Ok. If you go to Clinch, something crazy is bound to happen. Three years ago, the gym had a wasp nest in it. We almost got swarmed. <_< Two years ago, the gym was infested with lady bugs and flies, and they had to stop the game ever so often to sweep all the dead bugs off the floor......

But beat this. Many years ago at the Unaka at Clinch game (we're talking about Ronnie Snavley's 1st stint as coach, about mid to late 80's) the roof was leaking, but since this was such a common occurence (Clinch's gym has to be one of the oldest in the state) that they didn't halt play, they just put trash cans out there to catch the water! But thats not the best thing about it: Coach Snavley was setting up plays that used the trash cans as screens and they were playing pick and rolls off of them :lol:

Edited by Rangerbook06

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have few...

1. Cj Black breaking the backboard against Cleveland in the region finals off a vertical jump

2. At midnight madness at CSAS back in 98 Kenny Mobley shattered a backboard, and then in a scrimmage at McCallie he shattered another, essentially breaking two backboards in one day because the 1st one occured after midnight and the second one was the same day

Wouldn't happen to be Smith County, would it????....and I'm not being sarcastic.....

And the funniest thing I've ever seen at a ball game was when a team was getting killed on the road and (probably because they suspected they might) brought a guy who'd never played before, just for kicks. Well, sure enough, the game was very one-sided, and in the 4th quarter, they put the kid in. He had a jersy, but no shorts, only snap up warm up pants to match the color of the team's shorts. Well, about a minute later there was a loose ball, and a guy from the other team went after it, and caught his hand on this guy's pants and ripped them almost all the way off. Well, since he was running, he obviously got tangled in them, fell, and finished the job. Not only that, he didn't have on under armor, or even boxers, but whity-tighties! The ref stopped the game at the next dead ball and one of his teammates had to help him off the court. I laughed until I cried!

That is hilarious.. <_<

I have few...

1. Cj Black breaking the backboard against Cleveland in the region finals off a vertical jump

2. At midnight madness at CSAS back in 98 Kenny Mobley shattered a backboard, and then in a scrimmage at McCallie he shattered another, essentially breaking two backboards in one day because the 1st one occured after midnight and the second one was the same day

Icecold - I remember that also!! Kenny Mobley breaking two backboard in less than 24 hours is a feat that will never be accomplished again. I'm just glad that I was one of the few that had the chance to witness it. (If I can remember, I think YOU were winning the dunk contest at the time Kenny ended it all at midnight madness... :thumb:

Ok. If you go to Clinch, something crazy is bound to happen. Three years ago, the gym had a wasp nest in it. We almost got swarmed. :ph34r: Two years ago, the gym was infested with lady bugs and flies, and they had to stop the game ever so often to sweep all the dead bugs off the floor......

But beat this. Many years ago at the Unaka at Clinch game (we're talking about Ronnie Snavley's 1st stint as coach, about mid to late 80's) the roof was leaking, but since this was such a common occurence (Clinch's gym has to be one of the oldest in the state) that they didn't halt play, they just put trash cans out there to catch the water! But thats not the best thing about it: Coach Snavley was setting up plays that used the trash cans as screens and they were playing pick and rolls off of them :lol:

Have to agree Clinch gym is one of a kind. I remember playing there in the late 70's and there was no heat and it was freezing outside. The players played in their warmups and the refs wore their jackets during the game.

When Ooltewah beat Central in the District Tourney at the buzzer a Ooltewah fan said something to a player and the whole central team surronded him and then Centrals coach ran over there getting in the fans face cussing him and the fan walked away but the coach keep walking with him yelling at him then his dad ran down there to try to fight the coach then Centrals assistant Principal threw a punch at the parent (and missed) and all crazyness broke lose! lol not as funny as most of these but this was pretty cool to witness. The funny thing is that the students girlfreind was a cheerleader and her parents were there and that was the first time they got to meet his father!!

When Ooltewah beat Central in the District Tourney at the buzzer a Ooltewah fan said something to a player and the whole central team surronded him and then Centrals coach ran over there getting in the fans face cussing him and the fan walked away but the coach keep walking with him yelling at him then his dad ran down there to try to fight the coach then Centrals assistant Principal threw a punch at the parent (and missed) and all crazyness broke lose! lol not as funny as most of these but this was pretty cool to witness. The funny thing is that the students girlfreind was a cheerleader and her parents were there and that was the first time they got to meet his father!!

What a wonderful way to meet the parents!! Haha that's pretty funny though.

What a wonderful way to meet the parents!! Haha that's pretty funny though.

Joe Shivers from Humboldt shattering the backboard at the Gibson Co. Christmas Tourny at Gibson Co. against the Milan Bulldogs...delayed the game for about a hour and a half...I believe the player giving chase to Shivers when the backboard shattered was Henry Atkisson which was cut by the falling glass