Better than I will ever be able to say it

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of these men have ever been proved guilty of anything, until then they all belong in the hall. And this is coming from the #1 Bonds hater in the world. :lol:

Yes they have been. Bonds has admitted under oath that his trainer gave him some ointment to rub on and they later found out it was steroids and now Bonds has tested positive to some illegal narcotic that he said he got from Mark Sweeny. When will the lies stop. Never, because Bonds and others are going to try and keep these dirty little secrets with them all the way to the grave and let's not make Mcgwire some kind of victim just because he has not been caught. He refused to give important testimony under oath so just because he did not lie like Palmero does not make him a hero. So go ahead guys hang on to your Gaylord Perry stories and usher these cheaters into the sacred Hall Of Fame. All that you will have accomplished is making this once proud place a Hall Of Shame.

Edited by REDSOX

Yes, but yea that's a different discussion, totally different circumstances. Mark doesn't care if he makes it in or not, if he did he would have come public by now and talked about everything. :D

Do not believe for one minute that he does not want to make the Hall Of Fame. I am sorry, I really do not buy into that. Every kid dreams of those moments and do not think he is any differant. Are you saying he dedicated his whole professional life to baseball not to make it. By the way if he really does not care then why did he look for an edge buy taking banned substances. Oh I'm sorry we really do not know because Mr. Mcgwire does not want to talk about the past. Give me a break! :o

I think it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that Ripken and Gwynn were not unanimous. Tell me one player on the ballot who deserves to be elected over them. If a voter chooses to send in a blank ballot, then don't record his ballot at all and do send him a ballot next year.

I think Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Rogers Hornsby, Stan The Man. etc. should have all been unanimous even more so than Ripken and Gwynn but that's a different issue.

I think Pete Rose deserves to be in the HOF. Big Mac probably deserves it also. Although his credentials are not a slam dunk in my opinion.

As much as I don't like Barry Bonds (and the Giants are my favorite team), he deserves to be in the HOF when the time comes but I don't think he will be elected.

I think it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that Ripken and Gwynn were not unanimous. Tell me one player on the ballot who deserves to be elected over them. If a voter chooses to send in a blank ballot, then don't record his ballot at all and do send him a ballot next year.

I think Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Rogers Hornsby, Stan The Man. etc. should have all been unanimous even more so than Ripken and Gwynn but that's a different issue.

I think Pete Rose deserves to be in the HOF. Big Mac probably deserves it also. Although his credentials are not a slam dunk in my opinion.

As much as I don't like Barry Bonds (and the Giants are my favorite team), he deserves to be in the HOF when the time comes but I don't think he will be elected.

By you last comment I guess you think Ben Johnson should be given back the gold medal and and Millie Vanillie should get their platinum records back. Does anybody care about character anymore or is it all about how we are entertained? Please tell me Bighurt that character still matters to you and that you were just kidding. :lol:

Edited by REDSOX

By you last comment I guess you think Ben Johnson should be given back the gold medal and and Millie Vanillie should get their platinum records back. Does anybody care about character anymore or is it all about how we are entertained? Please tell me Bighurt that character still matters to you and that you were just kidding. :lol:

Once again, when you admit that half the people in the HOF should be kicked out due to lack of character, then I will begin to contemplate the merits of these guys not being legitimate.

Once again, when you admit that half the people in the HOF should be kicked out due to lack of character, then I will begin to contemplate the merits of these guys not being legitimate.

Solomon nobody has heard from you in a week and now you chime in because Redsox has brought up the "character issue". What do you have against morals anyway? So once again you have confused my stance on this issue as relating to those who cheat versus men in the Hall who are not good people. You know what I mean so do not play dumb and generalize what I am saying as so often you do when you know that the grounds for your argument do not hold water. So what you are saying is since Ty Cobb was a bad person every cheater, gambler, and those on the take should be let in the Hall of Fame. Well you know what Solomon you are probly going to get your way because our soceity does not care anymore, but as long as I have breath I will stand for the things I think my God would want me to stand for. I know that seems outdated to you and I do not expect nor do I demand that you understand where I am coming from. You have to make your own descisions. It is just disppointing to see such a knowledgable fan such as yourself not care about the Game's integrity. If this post seems to harsh please accept my apologies in advance.

By you last comment I guess you think Ben Johnson should be given back the gold medal and and Millie Vanillie should get their platinum records back. Does anybody care about character anymore or is it all about how we are entertained? Please tell me Bighurt that character still matters to you and that you were just kidding. :)

I am just separating what a player accomplishes on the field from the type of person they are off the field. Baseball is the only HOF that seems to include character in their equation that I am aware of. What about Ty Cobb - a racist and a violent man? What about Babe Ruth - a womanizer and a drunk? Willie Mays who is my all-time favorite player is a first class jerk from what I understand. I am not defending what Pete Rose, Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds have done or will do but if you exclude these guys you need take a hard look at their predecessors. The 3 individuals I mentioned will never get in so it is really a moot point.

I do think that the 2 gentlemen elected this year are perfect examples the best of the best both on and off the field.