EXPLICIT lyrics played on sound system @ BTW/Hamilton game

TraderB

When I went to Hillcrest the past two seasons for sub-state games...The music was very loud, it was rap(i think), but it was clean, and I know when I played ball if we had uncut music on we would have ran our tails off the next day...

Same here! At my school its the players responsibility to give the dj clean music! And if there are any cus words we run our butts off the next day!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

Yes sir, welcome to modern day turmoil where we are overseas fighting for peace, yet we promote violence and profanity to our youth who are going to grow up knowing how to do nothing but listen to rap and play X-box. I believe I'd trade modern day America (that God does not smile upon <_< ) for the days of peace where families got together and didn't need a TV or stereo with loud music to make them happy.

I listen to music, unedited music at that. I am 20, and I feel like I am responsible enough to listen to it. I hear those kind of words walking through the mall, walmart, getting gas, just about anywhere. I am not saying unedited music is proper, but its not like they are saying words that most kids haven't heard.

Guest dare_2_dream

Just because a person is white they can't listen to a certain genre of music? Thats more laughable than anything.

I am white and i listen to everything, mainly rap though. :thumb:

Guest dare_2_dream

What is worse to me is to walk into all white schools in the country and hear them play that junk. It is almost laughable...and take my word as a high school ref I have been in many gyms in the sticks in 7AA and 7AAA. Makes me want to break out laughing.

There are no all white schools in 7aaa ;):thumb:

Let's be real about this. If I walk into Glencliff or Maplewood and hear that junk crunk it just seems more natural than hearing it at Red Boiling Springs....you dig?

Something is definitely wrong with you rade butcher. First of all, you want walk into Glencliff and hear unedited rap music because Dr. Hall wouldn't allow it. Do you understand what is coming out of your mouth? You can't be serious! That is a prejudice statement.

Edited by Icy

I think it is the school's responsibility to know what is being played over THEIR sound systems at all times, not the kids. These are children, and if you give children responsibility and they misuse or abuse it, you take it away. Anyone with a brain should know you don't just take some random CD a kid hands you and trust it's clean and appropriate without screening it first. That is common sense. If anyone has to stop and wonder about if the song they're playing would be considered "offensive" or "inappropriate" then they just answered their own question: it would be. Also, I wouldn't even allow a "clean version" of a rap song if it needed a clean version. HELLO??? There may be a word bleeped, but the message is still coming through loud and clear. Rap music has a BAD stereotype that follows it(violence/sexism/immorality/hostility), much like heavy metal(violence/immorality/occultism/anarchy)...and NEWSFLASH....most Americans hate it because of the terrible stereotype that comes with it.

Another note: It's not just a Memphis thing, I was at a Sycamore football game this year and the players had some rap song on their pregame warmup music that was very offensive. People in the stands were looking around wondering who on earth allowed it to be played. Fortunately someone with a clue cut it off. I don't care if it's in the hood or in a small town, people, as a rule, white or black, don't like vulgar or violent music.

I think it is primarily the school's responsibility to know what is being played over THEIR sound systems at all times, not the kids. These are children, and if you give children responsibility and they misuse or abuse it, you take it away. Anyone with a brain should know you don't just take some random CD a kid hands you and trust it's clean and appropriate without screening it first. That is common sense. If anyone has to stop and wonder about if the song they're playing would be considered "offensive" or "inappropriate" then they just answered their own question: it would be. Also, I wouldn't even allow a "clean version" of a rap song if it needed a clean version. HELLO??? There may be a word partially bleeped, but the overall trashy message is still coming through loud and clear. Rap music has a BAD stereotype that follows it(violence/sexism/immorality/hostility), much like heavy metal(violence/immorality/occultism/anarchy)...and NEWSFLASH!....most Americans hate that stuff because of the terrible stereotypes that follow it.

Another note: It's not just a Memphis thing, I was at a football game at a Cheatham County school this year, and the players had some terrible rap song on their pregame warmup music that was offensive. People(with their children) in the stands were looking around wondering who on earth allowed it to be played. Fortunately someone cut it off. I don't care if it's in the hood or in a small town, people, as a rule, white or black, don't like vulgar or violent music.

Edited by John005

What is worse to me is to walk into all white schools in the country and hear them play that junk. It is almost laughable...and take my word as a high school ref I have been in many gyms in the sticks in 7AA and 7AAA. Makes me want to break out laughing.

Well that remark just sounded a little racist. What makes a school a black school and a white school?? The name of the school?? I've been to private schools for some of our games and guess what, they play rap as well. Everybody is referring to memphis as thugs and yes there are some out there but I don't think you can point out memphis as a whole. Like one person said about Thad and Mo with 4.0 and going to G tech. Mitchell also had a kid on their team last year that had over a 4.0 and went to harvard. We played in Centralia Ill. last year and when they played their music it was the same thing, F this, F that, ###### it was terrible. Don't single out all of memphis saying they are thugs and taking a screw up from one school and putting the blame on everybody. I"m just confused on how a school is a white school or black school, please explain.

Guest dare_2_dream

Well that remark just sounded a little racist. What makes a school a black school and a white school?? The name of the school?? I've been to private schools for some of our games and guess what, they play rap as well. Everybody is referring to memphis as thugs and yes there are some out there but I don't think you can point out memphis as a whole. Like one person said about Thad and Mo with 4.0 and going to G tech. Mitchell also had a kid on their team last year that had over a 4.0 and went to harvard. We played in Centralia Ill. last year and when they played their music it was the same thing, F this, F that, ###### it was terrible. Don't single out all of memphis saying they are thugs and taking a screw up from one school and putting the blame on everybody. I"m just confused on how a school is a white school or black school, please explain.

One of the examples he gave, 7aaa, is false. There is not a single all white school in that district, and I would because I played in 2 years ago and still catch a few games here and then.