Place Your Bets

I love how people are bashing Pacman now that the season was over but I never heard anyone complaining when he was helping the Titans were winning 8 out of their last 13. Vince sometimes disappeared in games and Pacman and the defense helped win the games. It is easy to criticize Pacman in February when the season is months away, but half you wouldn't be doing it if we were in the middle of a playoff race.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people are bashing Pacman now that the season was over but I never heard anyone complaining when he was helping the Titans were winning 8 out of their last 13. Vince sometimes disappeared in games and Pacman and the defense helped win the games. It is easy to criticize Pacman in February when the season is months away, but half you wouldn't be doing it if we were in the middle of a playoff race.

I don't have to defend myself and your argument lacks credibility. Pacman has had several chances and after the November issue, he vowed to fly straight and like most of the people here in the south, they are very forgiving and believe in giving people another chance when they appear to mean it. I think your summation is unfair. NOBODY thought that he would do this again at this high of level. I'm old school and expect old school ways of dealing with it. If I had my way as a coach or owner, the old Italian in me would come out and whip his butt all over my office right before I cut him from the team. Obviously, with no witnesses. Anyone that brings shame to my community deserves much worse than that. :P

I don't have to defend myself and your argument lacks credibility. Pacman has had several chances and after the November issue, he vowed to fly straight and like most of the people here in the south, they are very forgiving and believe in giving people another chance when they appear to mean it. I think your summation is unfair. NOBODY thought that he would do this again at this high of level. I'm old school and expect old school ways of dealing with it. If I had my way as a coach or owner, the old Italian in me would come out and whip his butt all over my office right before I cut him from the team. Obviously, with no witnesses. Anyone that brings shame to my community deserves much worse than that. :P

How does my argument lack credibility? Cause it is the truth and Titans fans pick and choose when they will support an athlete and when not to. If anything your argument lacks credibility as Pacman has not been charged with a crime and more than likely will not. So the Titans won't be able to do anything to him and in all honesty nothing should be done to him if no criminal charges are filed. You have already put a guilty label on him and it seems to me you don't like him, which is fine, but don't label someone who hasn't even been charged in the situation. If anything I can understand why things got out of control cause a bag of money was stolen from Pacman and that is when he became upset. Could he of reacted better? Yes. Should he have? Yes. This situation will die down, Pacman will not be charged and come August everyone will be happy to have Pacman in a Titans uniform.

How does my argument lack credibility? Cause it is the truth and Titans fans pick and choose when they will support an athlete and when not to. If anything your argument lacks credibility as Pacman has not been charged with a crime and more than likely will not. So the Titans won't be able to do anything to him and in all honesty nothing should be done to him if no criminal charges are filed. You have already put a guilty label on him and it seems to me you don't like him, which is fine, but don't label someone who hasn't even been charged in the situation. If anything I can understand why things got out of control cause a bag of money was stolen from Pacman and that is when he became upset. Could he of reacted better? Yes. Should he have? Yes. This situation will die down, Pacman will not be charged and come August everyone will be happy to have Pacman in a Titans uniform.

]

i like u

]

i like u

He is a good point of reference for me to show my son what not to be.. A IDIOT. So he can run and cut, when someone puts a bullet in his spine maybe he can race his chair then. I never liked him don't care what he does on the field.. PERIOD! And if the Titans do keep him i'm done with them until they make the change.. COLTS.

Edited by Golfendude

Gerry, you of all people defending PacMan? If it takes an explanation to you as to why this idiot should be gone from the Titans TODAY, I'm wasting my time. You must LOVE the Cincinnatti Bengals. I rest my case. :)

The Pacman Jones Rule is overdue

ESPN.com

By Jemele Hill

Page 2

Well, at least Pacman Jones' lasting impact on society may not be just introducing us to the concept of "making it rain."

Pacman Jones

AP Photo/Mark Humphrey

Thanks to Pacman Jones' actions in Vegas, the NFL might finally clean up.

Turns out Pacman's influence will reach far deeper, possibly changing the NFL forever. Thanks to his extensive relationship with the police -- including his possible role as an agitator in a triple shooting in Las Vegas during NBA All-Star Weekend -- the NFL is seriously considering instituting a penalty program for players who spend more time in squad cars than training rooms.

Something had to be done, because it's clear the NFL is in the midst of an escalating problem. David Stern had to clean up his league. Now Roger Goodell must do the same with his.

If just a small portion of the allegations against Pacman are true, he should be expelled from the NFL. Pacman reportedly grabbed a stripper by the hair, slammed her face into the stage and threatened to kill a security guard before a gunman -- alleged to be a member of Pacman's party -- shot up the place. Three people were wounded, including one person who is now paralyzed from the waist down.

According to Pacman's attorney, Worrick Robinson, the Titans cornerback is not a suspect in the shooting and is cooperating with police. Robinson says neither Jones nor anyone with him had a gun, fired a gun or was involved in any criminal activity at the club. The police have not named Jones a person of interest in the case, although they recently seized $81,000 in cash that they say belongs to Jones and sparked the melee at the club.

Nonetheless, this is the eighth time in two years that the police have questioned Pacman. Arrests versus convictions matter little to me, because athletes are often guilty of terrible judgment even when they're found "not guilty" of a crime.

It has taken Pacman's problems to chide the NFL into attacking a problem that has gone unchecked for far too long. Truthfully, this shouldn't be the Pacman Jones Rule, but the Lawrence Phillips or Cecil Collins Rule.

If the NFL patterned a three-strikes code of conduct program after its substance abuse policy, it would be revolutionary, welcome and a perfect way to combat behavior that is truly embarrassing and unruly.

If the NFL already had a three-strikes program in place, maybe the Cincinnati Bengals wouldn't have more arrests in the last year than victories. Maybe Tank Johnson, who has been arrested three times in the past 18 months, would be looking for work and never would have had the privilege of playing in a Super Bowl. Maybe Dominic Rhodes, who was arrested for drunken driving last week, wouldn't have to fear punishment from just an Indiana judge, but also from the league, which would have the authority to suspend him for multiple games.

And, just maybe, this rule finally would persuade NFL teams not to draft these fools. The Titans are hardly exempt from blame in the Pacman situation. They knowingly drafted a player who had been charged with malicious assault in college (it was later bumped down to a misdemeanor) and have continued to pacify him after his numerous transgressions. Considering NFL teams want everything from a player's third-grade report card to his DNA sample before drafting him, there is no way the Titans didn't know Pacman potentially could appear on "America's Most Wanted."

Besides, is it too much to ask that NFL players not get arrested? There are very few companies in working society that don't have some sort of code of conduct for their employees.

NFL player representatives support a three-strikes program because they have grown tired of being lumped in with thugs. And the only players who will have a problem with this are probably the same ones who are incapable of behaving with good sense.

"They care … that we're all painted with the same brush," Gene Upshaw, head of the NFL players' union, told the Los Angeles Times. "Ninety percent is doing the right thing, and we've got 10 percent that's not."

Of course, any NFL behavioral policy would have to be written so that it's not based strictly on convictions. Not all players who are arrested are guilty. Not all those who claim to be innocent actually are. And being arrested for a suspended driver's license should not be put in the same category as domestic violence.

Yes, that would force the NFL to play detective and judge. But the perception of the league is at stake.

Edited by ERA

THE NBA DISSES PACMAN :)

Fisher says NBA players behaved themselves in Vegas

ESPN.com news services

Derek Fisher, who was named president of the NBA Players Association over All-Star weekend, says his fellow players are being unfairly linked to reports of crime and violence from All-Star weekend in Las Vegas.

"To associate the violence with the players, that's not a fair assessment."

-- NBA union president Derek Fisher

"I've heard a lot of opinions [in the media], but those ought to be reserved for when something actually happens. To associate the violence with the players, that's not a fair assessment," the veteran Utah Jazz guard was quoted as saying in the Los Angeles Times.

Las Vegas police made a reported 362 arrests, and several shooting incidents were reported, although none were fatal. The only professional athlete linked to any of the violence was Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, whom police say sparked a melee that led to a triple shooting when he showered nightclub dancers with several thousand dollars as a visual effect. A scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the dancers told them to pick the money up.

"This Pacman story came out, which has been the biggest story of the weekend, and he doesn't have anything to do with the NBA," Fisher said, according to the Times. "We're not happy that he's in that situation, but it's frustrating that it's being tossed into our pool when, as far as I've heard to this point, our guys handled themselves responsibly, got in, had a good time, put on the best show they could put on and went back to their respective teams."

Fisher said he witnessed no disorderly conduct by his peers during All-Star weekend.

"I never experienced or saw anything that was even remotely out of character," Fisher said, according to the Times. "I didn't see any violence, no fights, not even any shoving."

"I'm not saying we're not concerned about our fans, and making sure people who want to come to events and have a good time can do so without feeling threatened and unsafe," Fisher said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "But we can only control that at our venues. We can't control strip clubs and large gatherings and other places that aren't NBA venues."

THE NBA DISSES PACMAN :)

Fisher says NBA players behaved themselves in Vegas

ESPN.com news services

Derek Fisher, who was named president of the NBA Players Association over All-Star weekend, says his fellow players are being unfairly linked to reports of crime and violence from All-Star weekend in Las Vegas.

"To associate the violence with the players, that's not a fair assessment."

-- NBA union president Derek Fisher

"I've heard a lot of opinions [in the media], but those ought to be reserved for when something actually happens. To associate the violence with the players, that's not a fair assessment," the veteran Utah Jazz guard was quoted as saying in the Los Angeles Times.

Las Vegas police made a reported 362 arrests, and several shooting incidents were reported, although none were fatal. The only professional athlete linked to any of the violence was Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, whom police say sparked a melee that led to a triple shooting when he showered nightclub dancers with several thousand dollars as a visual effect. A scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the dancers told them to pick the money up.

"This Pacman story came out, which has been the biggest story of the weekend, and he doesn't have anything to do with the NBA," Fisher said, according to the Times. "We're not happy that he's in that situation, but it's frustrating that it's being tossed into our pool when, as far as I've heard to this point, our guys handled themselves responsibly, got in, had a good time, put on the best show they could put on and went back to their respective teams."

Fisher said he witnessed no disorderly conduct by his peers during All-Star weekend.

"I never experienced or saw anything that was even remotely out of character," Fisher said, according to the Times. "I didn't see any violence, no fights, not even any shoving."

"I'm not saying we're not concerned about our fans, and making sure people who want to come to events and have a good time can do so without feeling threatened and unsafe," Fisher said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "But we can only control that at our venues. We can't control strip clubs and large gatherings and other places that aren't NBA venues."

obviously they didn't from the reports of people who owned restaurants and clubs. Said they were ruid and disruptive. Everyone played a part somehow.

Not really. I want him gone and I've stood up for him for 2 years now. I honestly thought the guy just had to grow up and get away from his old friends and he would straighten himself out. I can handle the occasional 15 yard personal foul, and I honestly thought he had began to straighten himself out. Guilty or not, and yes the owners story becomes more and more shady by the day, he continues to place himself in situations that put himself, the organization, and the state in general in a bad light.

Gerry, as much as you criticized UT and it's players for all of their problems, I for the life of me cannot understand how you can take up for this guy.

The Latest... :)

From James Alder,

More Bad Pub for Pacman

Things continue to spiral out of control for Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, who was at the scene of a triple shooting last week that witnesses say was sparked by Jones and his entourage. Jones has not been charged in the incident, but his already-poor reputation took another serious hit, and recent reports indicate the team is actively shopping his services to the highest bidder. (So far they're up to a used set of shoulder pads and half a bag of stale Doritos.)

On Monday, Nashville's local News Channel 5 added another chapter to the Jones saga by releasing wiretapped phone conversations from a drug investigation that didn't exactly paint a pretty picture of Jones as a dedicated, law-abiding NFL football player. Convicted drug dealer Darryl Moore, a friend of Jones, was the center of the investigation which resulted in multiple arrests and the confiscation of a Cadillac linked to Jones in March of 2006.

Keep in mind the following comments were made by a convicted felon, but they were also made without his knowledge and without solicitation:

"We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other s****," Moore said.

"You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now."

Moore also brought up Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher who he said visited Jones at home.

"Fisher's being as patient as a m*****f***** as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win...He ain't putting up with that s***," Moore said. "He gotta concentrate on season...that ******* drug test coming up," he said. "We telling him he needed 33 days before he took his ******* test; dry-out, and he didn't...that's let me know right there that he ain't taking his ****** job serious."

In another conversation, Moore reportedly talked about Jones betting thousands of dollars on college games to make a quick buck.

All we can say is, wow!

If there's any truth to these allegations, Jones really has some explaining to do. And in the meantime, his trade value has dropped from that previously-mentioned bag of stale Doritos to a half-eaten Ho-Ho. Things have gotten so bad, even the Bengals are talking about how hard core the guy is.

Edited by ERA