Any new coaches hired at PIGEON FORGE?

Tigers44

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tigers44 @ Jan 11 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826328253[/snapback]

The rumor was that SPURRIER oh,I mean bramlett fired 4-5 of his assistants before Christmas.Basically making them the scapegoats for thier 0-10 season.Has anyone been hired to replace them?

I Heard Coach DEEEZ is about the only guy interested in the job.

I have a feeling that some, if not all of the users posting about the Pigeon Forge program are student-athletes who either played for this coach, or quit before the season started and are bitter. A little birdy once told me that the attitudes of a majority of the football players at Pigeon Forge High School are not much to work with. What was the reason for all of the seniors and some underclassmen who quit before the season started? Were they not used to working hard? Were there no leaders? I could possibly be 100% wrong about this, and probably am, but it is just a feeling I have, please correct me if I am wrong. If you are in fact student-athletes from Pigeon Forge, you getting on here and talking bad about this coach will do nothing. The season is over and there is nothing you can do about it now. Maybe the coach needed to fire his assistants. How many different head coaches have been at the school and not had success? From what I know, the majority of the assistant coaches have been there for most if not all of those years. After changing head coaches so many times, maybe it was the assistant coaches? It doesn't hurt to try I suppose, everything else has been done. I don't know, but it is just an observation I have made over the years after reading these boards. Too many chiefs and not enough indians maybe? My opinion will probably offend all of you, and oh well, everyone has a right to their opinion right? Haha. I wish nothing but luck to the Pigeon Forge program in the future and hope that the problems can be solved correctly and quickly.

How could it be the assistants fault ?They are the same coaches who won 5 games the year before,they had all their kids back but 4,the only staff change was the head coach and they went 0-10.This is not an opinion it is a fact.the coach took the team to camp and while there he reportedly told all the seniors they were horrible and he didnt know how they could play for him.who wants to play for a guy like that?

QUOTE(Tigers44 @ Jan 12 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826329464[/snapback]

How could it be the assistants fault ?They are the same coaches who won 5 games the year before,they had all their kids back but 4,the only staff change was the head coach and they went 0-10.This is not an opinion it is a fact.the coach took the team to camp and while there he reportedly told all the seniors they were horrible and he didnt know how they could play for him.who wants to play for a guy like that?

he never said anything like that however he did chose to build certain people of the team up above the other players and above their potential but he never said anyone was horrible at least to their face or to anyone else on the team. I have said it before and i will say it again, if PF wants to be successful they must yet again find a new coach. i think it would be a good idea to find a completely new coaching staff. also none of the seniors did want to play for him he was nothing more than a lieing ######. if you are a head coach it is a dumb idea to build certain players up because 1) it puts too much pressure on highschool kids and 2) it will make the other players of the team dislike them because they will start to brag on themself.

Do you seriously think 5 wins in a season is a successful season? Pigeon Forge had a lot of kids graduate from those 5 win seasons. I'm not saying it was completely the assistant coaches faults, it is a combination of many things. Truthfully I think it was the lack of leadership from Pigeon Forge seniors last year, however, it is just an observation I have made. The athletes Pigeon Forge had those years they were having 5 wins seasons, they should have been having 8 or 9 win seasons. Pigeon Forge showed some potential in the jamboree at the beginning of the season, being the only county team to win their quarter, what happened?

QUOTE(orbit4213 @ Jan 13 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826330933[/snapback]

Do you seriously think 5 wins in a season is a successful season? Pigeon Forge had a lot of kids graduate from those 5 win seasons. I'm not saying it was completely the assistant coaches faults, it is a combination of many things. Truthfully I think it was the lack of leadership from Pigeon Forge seniors last year, however, it is just an observation I have made. The athletes Pigeon Forge had those years they were having 5 wins seasons, they should have been having 8 or 9 win seasons. Pigeon Forge showed some potential in the jamboree at the beginning of the season, being the only county team to win their quarter, what happened?

well i do think a 5 win season is a lot better than a zero win season. from the team before to last years team they only lost two or three players that actually contributed, so coaching had to have something to do with it. PF has to have the worst luck when it comes to finding a good coach. Maybe next time they are in the hunting for one they will look for one that actually has a winning record. The seniors hated him and had no respect for him, many even chose to not come to his banquet which was combined with the middle school, cheerleading, and middle school cheerleading banquet. If you want an example of his stupidity then try to fathom this. He moved a 1000 yard rusher to receiver. You may say well he put in a passing offense so he just wanted to get his playmakers the ball. Well after he dropped multiple big gain passes, and pf's other running back failed to get over 20 yards in a game he kept things the same way. Still throwing to the 1000 yard rusher who kept droping passes, and handing it off to a runningback who kept losing yards or fumbling. After three or four games and you realize your system isnt working you need to make some alterations, that is just part of coaching. He failed to do this and pf kept on getting massacred, mostly by teams not that shouldnt be that much better than them.

As far as it being the assistants fault and them being the same from years before, they were the same coaches but they were coaching different positions. They moved their D-end coach to Defensive backs and moved the old d cordinatior who had success the year before to nothing more than a spectator. They moved the o line coach to line backers and the d line coach to o line. They also brought back an older coach to coach running backs. I talked to pf's running back and he told me that the new RB coach told him he knew nothing about running backs and he wanted the highschool kid to teach him about the postition. WOW! that is stupid. The head coach called for these changes. Also from talking to some of the assistants from last year that have chosen to not return for next year, i realized the assistants had no respect for him. Im sure he lied to them as well.

QUOTE(orbit4213 @ Jan 13 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826330933[/snapback]

Well truthfully, I know it was not the "lack of Leadership" from seniors. These seniors were ther same players that have started at PF since they were sophomores. The same ones that have played some decent football when they chose to. I admit that i was a senior on this past years team and most the people that post this stuff are not student athletes. The new coach built other players up to be something that they werent. He, at the same time, was to stubborn to get into the power I and run over people. Instead he thought it best to put in a new 3-4 defensive scheme that none of these boys had ever ran before, while at the same time calling pass plays that would mostly result in incompletions. Why, when you know for a fact you cant stop the other team from scoring, do you keep throwing the ball. We gave up 60 points three times because we never ran the clock. Real smart! We were already getting embarrassed, that was just icing on the cake.It is sad when a team loses 3 defensive starters from the year before and gives up triple the amount of points. That can't be a "Lack of leadership" can it? We played decent in the jamboree because our athletes had not yet quit the team at that point. We actually threw the ball to people who could make plays with it. We didnt have running backs with below average hands catching the ball in that quarter. We did not have a lot of kids graduate from those 5 win seasons. We had a lot of people from that team quit because of the new coach's attitude. I am a firm believer in looking at what kind of players you got and scheming from that, not having one scheme set in stone that you will run no matter who the personnel is. He's going to be the head coach up there for at least a little while longer. They have an easier schedule this year than they did last year, and that was hard for it to get any easier. As far as new coaches go, i dont know if they have hired any new ones. The ones that are leaving are the best ones. This team isn't going to get any better, they will be worse, but they will have one win at the end of the season. Thats sad new programs don't care to play Pigeon Forge, but thats the reality and thats how it is going to be for a long time. It is what it is and it aint no fun.

P.S- It is fitting that the very last play of the season for the tigers ended in an interception return for a touchdown for the other team.....LOL... That is ridiculous

As I understand it, Wicker and Smelcer were fired. The defensive coordinator was given the option to quit or be fired. Sullivan was removed from coaching duties but will still do all the paper work for football, I guess an adminitrative assistant (politically correct term for football secretary). White was moved to the middle school football program, where they fired an 19 yr old kid that was not conducting himself the way that the head coach felt he should. This is all from people around the community so you know how that goes....