Please Pray

coachgat

I just got the news that an old football player of mine from Middle school in Mississippi is having emergency surgery after doctors just found a malignant tumor on his kidney. He is a senior in high school and a star athlete in football and basketball. Great kid too. Tim Kendricks is his name, please pray that his surgery removes all of the cancer and he is able to continue his dream of playing ball on the next level.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachgat @ Jan 11 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826329242[/snapback] I just got the news that an old football player of mine from Middle school in Mississippi is having emergency surgery after doctors just found a malignant tumor on his kidney. He is a senior in high school and a star athlete in football and basketball. Great kid too. Tim Kendricks is his name, please pray that his surgery removes all of the cancer and he is able to continue his dream of playing ball on the next level.

I'll put him in prayer. Where in Miss.?

QUOTE(DevilSpirit @ Jan 13 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826330669[/snapback]

I'll continue to pray for him, and I hope you post any updates.

I talked with one of my assistants from down there today but he hasn't heard anything yet. Thank you all for praying for him. I'm assuming that all went well and he's in recovery. He's in Jackson, Mississippi. I should hear something today. My old assistant told me that he went to see him last Sunday and he was in good spirits. It's a blessing that they were able to find it. He is a top prospect as a quarterback and in basketball and he had a rib injury during football season and started having problems breathing since he's been playing basketball. They ran some test and found the malignant tumor on his kidney.

This is what I just found out about Tim....

Last Friday, doctors removed a kidney and a football-sized tumor. As soon as Kendricks regains enough strength, he will undergo chemotherapy treatments. Vincent Kendricks, Tim's older brother and a former Wingfield baseball player, says the surgery went well and that his brother "is in high spirits and can't wait to get out."

This was taken from the clarionledger in Jackson, MS. Keep praying you guys and girls.

Here is the link to the article about him and his best friend, my wide receiver in Middle school.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../701160384/1117

This is what I just found out about Tim....

Last Friday, doctors removed a kidney and a football-sized tumor. As soon as Kendricks regains enough strength, he will undergo chemotherapy treatments. Vincent Kendricks, Tim's older brother and a former Wingfield baseball player, says the surgery went well and that his brother "is in high spirits and can't wait to get out."

This was taken from the clarionledger in Jackson, MS. Keep praying you guys and girls.

Here is the link to the article about him and his best friend, my wide receiver in Middle school.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../701160384/1117

Great news Coach, We will keep that family in our prayers. My wife had a tumor removed 6 years ago, She is still clean from cancer. GOD is GREAT!!

• 3 weeks later...

Great News! I got the chance to skip down to Jackson, MS to see my former student/athlete and it was really good to see him walking around. He's going through chemotherapy right now but he is in good spirits. They were surprised to see me and it really made his mom feel good to know that people are praying for them during this tough time. Thank you to all, Tim is expecting to play basketball next year at one of the schools that's been recruiting him. He's a tough kid and whether he selected football or basketball any school that got him would be getting a heck of a ball player!