!OS @ LOUDON!

inappropriate83

QUOTE(inappropriate83 @ Jan 14 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826332037[/snapback]

"Redskin-nation" get off the floor and stand like everyone else

I agree. That is where spectators belong. shooter5, what if everyone were allowed to stand around the baseline on all sides of the gym? The fans of your opponents as well? Would that be permitted? Come on now, you know that it would not. Loudon is an old gym and much smaller than the newer ones. It is a recipe for disaster. I am not saying don't have a student section, I'm only saying that the students need to stay off the floor away from the line of play.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stonecold07 @ Jan 14 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826332064[/snapback]

I agree. That is where spectators belong. shooter5, what if everyone were allowed to stand around the baseline on all sides of the gym? The fans of your opponents as well? Would that be permitted? Come on now, you know that it would not. Loudon is an old gym and much smaller than the newer ones. It is a recipe for disaster. I am not saying don't have a student section, I'm only saying that the students need to stay off the floor away from the line of play.

Well put

QUOTE(treeball @ Jan 15 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826332360[/snapback]

The Redskin Nation stands where the referees tell them to stand.

Enjoy it for now. With the flack the TSSAA is getting over this at the present time I have a feeling the days of the nation or any student section being allowed to stand on the floor may be short lived.

QUOTE(stonecold07 @ Jan 15 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826332379[/snapback]

Enjoy it for now. With the flack the TSSAA is getting over this at the present time I have a feeling the days of the nation or any student section being allowed to stand on the floor may be short lived.

Dont stop cheerin for your team just start doin it like everyone else

As I've said before, love the spirit and attitude of the "Redskin Nation" but back it up into the stands and go crazy. It fires up our players to head to your gym too. Got to be mentally tough to play there. I still think crowding the floor is an accident that is just waiting to happen-but will happen at some point. Referees shouldn't have to tell you where to stand. They feel that is the job of the school administrators.

must say i dont know anything about either school but i feel your pain..the officials this year have been awful

at least i got a chuckle w/ the 3 blind mice remark..made me lol

not quite sure why the refs are having such a hard time this year but it seems like after every game there are bad comments from both teams. looks 2 me like tssaa needs to do some extra checking into who they are putting on the courts. glad 2 hear that a good student section did not get out of control and that they intimidate other schools. that is what the home court advantage is all about

QUOTE(treeball @ Jan 15 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826332360[/snapback]

The Redskin Nation stands where the referees tell them to stand.

You know, everyone, treeball is correct. The decision is ultimately up to the referees, no matter what the administrators allow. However, these allowances apply to BOTH sides of the ball, not just the redskin nation. If I were one of the remaining schools visiting Loudon ( I believe they still host Sequoyah, Kingston, Scott County, and Knox Catholic), I would bring my student sections, have them paint up, and occupy the baseline across from your school's team, same as the nation does. If the principal tells you that you are not allowed to occupy this space across from your team (which no doubt he will), refuse to move unless the referees tell you to do so. If the referees do not allow you to remain on the floor, ask for a valid reason (SAFETY is the only one that comes to mind) and if they still force you to move and they allow the nation to continue to remain on the floor, your school will definitely have a valid complaint with the TSSAA. I'd say the Catholic Crazies could definitely give the nation a run for their money on their home court!