Karns Rumors

Oak Ridger

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so now there is a 4 person trail to my information. I'm flattered that you think I'm so well connected. As I said before, I speak to lots of OR fans and coaches from around the area on a regular basis. I wish OR much success and have nothing against the current staff and don't wish them to leave, only to improve the work ethic and commitment to continuing the winning tradition. I guess that makes me a bad fan. But I do agree we should have won a couple more times and I witnessed a few games where I thought Gray froze under pressure and changed his game plan during games which we then lost. He's not perfect, but I still don't personally know him so I can't comment on the backstabbing allegations.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:09 AM) 826352825[/snapback]

It's no secret you get all your info from a videographer who gets his information from Ron Gray and a certain longtime coach who is doing everything he can to disrupt staff chemistry and the program in general because he is unhappy. Ron

Gray had a good offense, no question. He should have won in 1999 and in 2003 (not enough offense). I'll agree with you, the OR staff blew it in 2005 too (not enough offense). However, Gray is a meddler and backstabber. He does everything he can to undermine the staff at Oak Ridge and their program. He does not have the kids' or programs' best interest at heart. I admire some of the former players on this forum that take up for their former coach and can't blame them for that. He has been vocal in the school and community about wanting the current staff to fail and the program to not be successful while he is not a part of it. He did everything he could to undermine Lussier. Good coach, no doubt. Good for kids, school, staff? Absolutely not.

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Jan 30 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826352162[/snapback]

And that's relevant why? I gave you a comparison of almost exactly the same players playing for different coaches and the information is correct: The new staff scored less and gave up more. Comparing what he did at Bearden with different players is irrelevant to the facts as were laid out. The 2005 team did not break the records set by teams that Gray coached. Heck, compare the 2006 team to Beardens Gray team...it probably was worse than Bearden although I haven't compared them yet. This always goes the same way, the Gray haters want to ditz him every chance they get. I could care less what he does in the future but be fair, he won games and scored points which is way better than OR did last season.

Ole Dad

But somehow they made it to the game that Grays offense could never get to. I wish Gray would get the job at karns. That way he could go stab them folks in the back. I personally don't care how many points our offense scores as long as we are winning.

QUOTE(NickOrlando @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826353036[/snapback]

But somehow they made it to the game that Grays offense could never get to. I wish Gray would get the job at karns. That way he could go stab them folks in the back. I personally don't care how many points our offense scores as long as we are winning.

Something else is there with Nick and Gray. You need to talk to him man to man and off the Karns Rumors. I hope Oak Ridge win more games then last year. I heard the Owttawa coach applied for it.

I agree. 14 wins is much better than 5 and 15 is awesome. Oh, for the good ole days.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(NickOrlando @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826353036[/snapback]

QUOTE(mocscoobz @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:42 AM) 826352861[/snapback]

I thought this was a post about Karns hiring a new head coach and potential candidates, not a statistical anlysis of ORHS offense.

So, back to the topic, are there any updates on the coaching search?

The folks at the Knox County HR office says there's been a lot of interest in the position and that applicants from Georgia, North Carolina, and Middle/West TN have sent in their paperwork. Closing date for applications is Feb 9th. Interestingly, it appears that applicant info is public record. You have to give them prior notice but any one who wants to can go over to the HR office and check out the applicant info (minus some confidential data like SSN). I'm hoping that the Knoxville News hounds who did all the earlier Karns reporting will check it out and write up something positive in the paper.

Talked with Clifford Davis this morning, nice guy by the way.

Applications will be taken until the 9th, then the selection committee will pick 10 names. Those 10 will be given interviews and then the list is whittled to three.

From those three, the administration will pick the coach.

Davis said interest has been incredibly high and the committee (which is made up of five school folks, four parents and one member of the community) has a great crop of names and coaches to choose from.

Search committees ... some people from Oak Ridge have "fond" memories of those.

Miner told me he has in fact applied, did so last Thursday according to him ... maybe it was Wednesday. As for Gray, I have no idea, but would assume that he has also applied. Mr. Davis wouldn't give me the names, of course.