Colts vs Bears - Superbowl

MVP if the Colts win.

It assume by most, including the sporting media, Peyton Manning will win the MVP if the Colts win. Not so fast my friends, Superbowl has been unpredictable for the most part on the MVP. The last two winners were wide receivers. Tom Brady was the last QB to win it in 2004. Who has a good chance of winning?

Peyton Manning has to have spectacular play which means Peyton needs to put the ball on rope and make it easy for the WR and TE to make the plays. Bears defense will be coming hard. If Peyton has the ball and not dumping it off in 3 seconds or less, he is definitely bear meat. I would expect Manning to be running the hurry up offense for a good portion of the game, trying to break up the Bears lineman and secondary rotation.

I would expect Joseph Addai to gain about 75 yards to keep the offense prodding along with balance but no MVP.

Peyton will be spreading the ball around. Reggie Wayne has the best chance for MVP of the group. If he totals over 130 yards of receiving, he will win the MVP. The Bear defense will pay more attention to Marvin Harrison, making easier for the Reggie to get the catches. Both Marvin and Dwight Clark will get their 80 yards of catching but no MVP.

The defensive key for winning the MVP lies with the Antoine Bethea, Dwight Freeney, Rob Morris, Cato June, Anthony McFarland, and Rob Morris. Antoine Bethea has the best chance if he comes up from his safety position to stop the run while dropping into coverage and picking off two of Rex Grossman passes. Antoine is an excellent at baiting the QB to toss the pass into his coverage area while jumping in from of the receiver. He has the best chance of taking one to the house.

Dwight Freeney is rushing wizard on the right side. If he is to win the MVP, he got to do something special to make Grossman life miserable. He has to move over from the right side to the LDE during long yardage third down plays. Why? He would be facing ROT Fred “Playkiller” Miller. Miller can handle Reggie Mathis at LDE. Playkiller Miller cannot handle Dwight Freeney speed on the rush. Just the thought of Dwight Freeney lining up across from Playkiller Miller at times will result in two and maybe three offensive offside penalties, a sack or two, and Rex Grossman rushing the throw. It would be total havoc and Dwight Freeney would be MVP if the Colts defense is dominate over the Colts offensive play. Will Colts move Freeney over to LDE; I doubt it because he is not comfortable on the left. If they did at times, it would be a game changer.

Who will win the MVP if the Colts win? I’m guessing Reggie Wayne. Sorry Peyton Manning, always a bridesmaid, never the bride. Peyton is focus on winning the game as all the players on the Colt team, not the MVP and probably couldn’t care less.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prediction:

First Half: It will be 14 to 6 in the Bears favor at the half. Devin Hester returns punt for TD while Thomas Jones rushes for the other TD.

Second Half: Colts come out two Reggie Wayne touchdowns and go up 20 to 17 in the 3rd period. Colts will close it out 10 additional points in the final period with Marvin Harrison TD while the Bears can only muster a field goal early in the 4th. Colts win 30 to 20 over the Bears.

I'm more likely to be wrong than right but it sure is fun to guess.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 4 2007 - 03:39 PM) 826358218[/snapback]

You didn't know I was so talented?

If this game doesn't hurry up and get started, I am going to go crazzzzzzzzzzzy.

It's got to be murder on the players to wait this long. It take a the first few minutes to get the jitters out.