Who is the best in all of Tennessee

uesballer

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Dobyns-Bennett. First of all they won the Tennessee Governor's Cup last fall at MTSU in the Contest of Champions - this is considered the "state championship" for bands in Tennessee. Next they marched in this year's Rose Parade (major competition to be selected) for the second time in the last five years - this is almost unheard of for a high school band from outside of California. They have been invited and marched in the London Millinium Day Parade, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Sugar Bowl Parade/Game, and many others in the last fifteen years. The music program is strong as evidenced by the 380 band members - the largest band in the state of Tennessee (to include The Pride of the Southland at UT).

Let's add to that an invite to the prestigeous (and nationally select) Midwest International Band and Orchestra Clinic as an honored performance group (only 10 HS bands a year get this invite)...and the Sudler Trophy for Excellence (recognizing one of the best concert bands in the nation) within the last 24 months. There is only one other band in Tennessee that I can recall receiving even one of these honors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say Tullahoma's got a lot of people beat. I loved their show. They did a Medieval theme this year. They deal with a lot of props, adding a bit more color to the show. They really captivate their audiences. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I would root for my own band (Lincoln County) but Tullahoma is far better than we are and we are well aware. In the third smallest division (however you wanna say it) I'd say we're near the top. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

And I agree..half time is so game time.

"The football team is the band's opening act."

best in the state...well based on what i saw this past marching season in my opinion some of the best were....dobynns bennent...columbia central...munford...siegel...mcgavock....tullahoma....houston...thats just some of the big bands..now small bands wise i say some of the better ones are ravenwood...father ryan....fred j page...and alway john overton

best in the state...well based on what i saw this past marching season in my opinion some of the best were....dobynns bennent...columbia central...munford...siegel...mcgavock....tullahoma....houston...thats just some of the big bands..now small bands wise i say some of the better ones are ravenwood...father ryan....fred j page...and alway john overton

Have to agree with you on these bands but maybe not in that order!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />