7-AA, MVP & Coach of the Year

ForLoveOfTheGame

QUOTE(the_animal @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826356589[/snapback]

Well if he was hurt he shouldnt have played? BUt he wasnt hurt up at livingston when they play. Also, Dunn played almost the whole game because Melton got worried they were going to get beat.

dont be foolish, he was up by 20 or so, he didnt look at all worried, and dunn may have played a total of 2 1/2 qtrs or so, melton rested him ALOT, listen again, DUNN MVP MELTON COY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tigerfan597 @ Feb 4 2007 - 08:04 AM) 826357792[/snapback]

bass mvp

coach of the year martin from dekalb co

Bass for Mvp? are u kidding me? he does nothing that dunn does for his team. without dunn livingston would have had a long year. but dunn will probably get screwed over like cates did last year. some ppl jus wanna pick someone for mvp that is not from livingston cuz they dont like them. that reason maybe is that they usually beat them.

DUNN MVP

COY- Melton, McWilliams, or Welch

QUOTE(the_animal @ Feb 2 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826356338[/snapback]

Bass- DeKalb

Welch/ Martin Also

If Dekalb dont have bass they are down toward the bottom in the district. Also, each time dunn has played DeKalb they have held him in check with 13 and 12. While bass has scored more than him both times.

Martin/ Welch

Welch for Macon has his team Peaking at the right time and has come from behind both times to beat them by 1 , and that shows he has his players mentally tough which is a hard thing for a choach to do. While DeKalb's Martin is just an all round good coach, but for some reason his players arent playing hard, but i dont think it is him. He has split with upperman and livingston. Also welch lost stinson and DeKalb lost hooper and Randolph they are both fairly young with having very few seniors

Macon County is lead by many seniors I believe. I think they have 4 seniors starting and 3 come off the bench. I am not taking nothing away from Coach Welch cause he has done a fine job this year and would be well deserving of the Coach of the Year. I am just trying to get it straight that Macon didnt have just a few seniors. They are a well coached team with good team chemistry and that starts with the coaches.

QUOTE(GuessWho?? @ Feb 4 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826358127[/snapback]

Macon County is lead by many seniors I believe. I think they have 4 seniors starting and 3 come off the bench. I am not taking nothing away from Coach Welch cause he has done a fine job this year and would be well deserving of the Coach of the Year. I am just trying to get it straight that Macon didnt have just a few seniors. They are a well coached team with good team chemistry and that starts with the coaches.

According to this guy Macon Co has atleast 7 upper-classmen. So lets try to list some of the other schools...

Macon Co. - atleast 7 upperclassmen (those 7 being sr.)

Cannon Co. - 7 (4 sr., 3 jr.)

Smith Co. - 7 (5 sr., 2 jr.)

Upperman - ? (?,?)

York - ? (?,?)

Livingston Academy - 3 (1 sr., 2 jr.)

I don't know about Upperman and York's roster, but I doubt they are as young as Livingston. The coach at Livingston must be doing something right to be that young and still be at the top of the district... But I guess that just doesn't impress most people.

*If my information is wrong feel free to correct it.

Dunn is MVP hands down, if he doesn't get this award I for one will lose faith in the system which MVP's are picked. Last year was a little shady and this year should tell the tell.

As for Coach Of The Year. Like him or not Coach Melton is the real deal. Lets give credit where credit is due. I know most people don't like him beacuse of whatever. But he has a winning young team and if you ask his players they will tell you they like to play for him. Melton whould have to get my vote.

QUOTE(The General @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:47 PM) 826358324[/snapback]

According to this guy Macon Co has atleast 7 upper-classmen. So lets try to list some of the other schools...

Macon Co. - atleast 7 upperclassmen (those 7 being sr.)

Cannon Co. - 7 (4 sr., 3 jr.)

Smith Co. - 7 (5 sr., 2 jr.)

Upperman - ? (?,?)

York - ? (?,?)

Livingston Academy - 3 (1 sr., 2 jr.)

I don't know about Upperman and York's roster, but I doubt they are as young as Livingston. The coach at Livingston must be doing something right to be that young and still be at the top of the district... But I guess that just doesn't impress most people.

*If my information is wrong feel free to correct it.

I believe Upperman has 5 seniors. 4 that start, and 1 off the bench. A couple of Juniors but they play some underclassmen as well. I think York has about the same numbers. I'm pretty sure they have around 4 or 5 seniors.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826359090[/snapback]

I agree that Melton has done a great job considering his boys are very young. I don't see how anyone else could get it...

Who decides who gets these awards?

I'm pretty sure the coaches vote on all the awards. Melton I would say is well deserving of the award, as are a couple others, Martin and Welch to. I would say a reason for him possibly not getting it, is that most expected his team to be about where they are, while no one really thought Macon or DC would be as good as they are.