To: Peyton Haters

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826395373[/snapback]How do you run out of time to restructer? They have had almost 2 month! This tells me one thing, both sides couldnt agree on a restructered contract so they had to cut him to save money under the cap! So fine he understands that they had to cut him to save money, yet it wasnt like he said "hey cut me"! Or maybe I am wrong so straighten the story for me

Questions?

Why did they run out of time? If Jamal was so willing to take a pay cut for the better of the team then why wasnt it restructered, instead of being cut? And one more thing, Who else has done this, this year besides Peyton? You say many players do it each year, give the names of a few?

I am not saying your wrong by any means, but anyone that knows me, knows I like to see the facts!

DANG! All over it again Gotmilk! Just the facts man, just the facts. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Like you say, if he was WILLING, key word willing, to restructure and take a cut, his contract would have been done ASAP to keep him from leaving the team or having bad pub. The Mighty Peyton Manning was ready for his negotiations and got it done with time to spare so they could get their act together on who to prepare to trade for or pick. The sooner you know where you stand with your money, the better planning you can make for NFL Draft Day. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Want to be MY lawyer? I wouldn't ask just anybody that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ERA @ Mar 1 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826395774[/snapback]DANG! All over it again Gotmilk! Just the facts man, just the facts. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Like you say, if he was WILLING, key word willing, to restructure and take a cut, his contract would have been done ASAP to keep him from leaving the team or having bad pub. The Mighty Peyton Manning was ready for his negotiations and got it done with time to spare so they could get their act together on who to prepare to trade for or pick. The sooner you know where you stand with your money, the better planning you can make for NFL Draft Day. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Want to be MY lawyer? I wouldn't ask just anybody that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You are a Hoot

And I would be proud to represent you!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826392965[/snapback]Whooa, another Peyton-hating moment happened at the Tennessee-Florida basketball game.

ESPN shows him at the game, with Colt teammates Brandon Stokely and Jeff Saturday. He is interviewed by ESPN, and was reported that he spoke to the team before the game. During the game he is shown talking to Phil Fulmer.

There are a NUMBER of hating cards, for example. . .

- Peyton shows up for the Florida vs. UT basketball Game (What, you Couldn't Beat the Gators When You Played, Now you're Riding Pearl's coat tails you Sleaze Ball, Go Gators Chomp Chomp Hate Card)

-Why did he go back for a basketball game, I thought he's graduated and gone on to the NFL? (The I Guess You Need to Still Cling to Your College Memories Like a Security Blanket Hate Card)

- He got tickets right near the floor for him and his two buddies (The Athletes Get All of the Goodies For Nothing Hate Card)

- He brought teammates Jeff Saturday and Brandon Stokely (I Hate UT, Fulmer is Using them for Recruiting, This is another NCAA Violation that They'll Let Slide, Roll Tide Hate Card)

- He spoke to the team before the game (Cheater! Cheater! Cheater!, Why didn't the Gators invite Rex Grossman, Mr. Big Shot Super Bowl Winner Hate Card)

- He wore a button down collared dress shirt, blue jeans, probably Bass Weejuns (White Bread Hate Card)

- He was interviewed on TV (How Much Longer Will the Media Drool All Over this Guy, Give me a Break Hate Card)

- He did not bring $81,000 to "rain" on the court when Pat Summitt showed up in a cheerleading outfit ( The PacMan Jones Fan Club Hater Card)

You're not serious right? You're still playing the "peyton hater" card? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

THE SQUAD /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:03 AM) 826394472[/snapback]I promise you their have been players do the same thing. Jamal Lewis decided to let the Ravens cut him so they could create 8.3 million dollars of cap space. Jamal will resign back with the Ravens and understands why the Ravens released him and said it was for the best of the team. Once again you are putting Manning on this throne he does not belong too. Manning still gets his money, so did he really do anything special? No, he didn't. This is a common practice in the NFL as in contracts these large roster bonuses are put in the contract and rarely does the player receive that large bonus. So you guys just need to get off Peyton's footballs and realize this is a common practice in the NFL. Teams will restructure contracts of players like Manning to help fit their cap for that year. You know what was Manning's base salary in the 2nd year of his current contract? $ 668,520 . This happens on every team, every year.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Boy you really had the Jamal situation pegged! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I was talking to a guy the other day about this and he said the only big name players he can remember doing this in recent years was Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning, maybe there have been some more, but you have yet to provide some names and some proof with it!

QUOTE(texas23 @ Mar 8 2007 - 07:41 AM) 826404440[/snapback]a simple google search brings up many, many names for resturctured NFL contracts:

three names just in this link.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CAR/10031319

Thabnks for the info, thats what I was asking for, but really neither of the 3 are huge names, Morgan and Rucker would have been cut had they not agreed to a restructer and Delhomme would ahve been put under alot of pressure to restructer! Where as everyone knows that Peyton is not going to get cut and really he held the ball, not the organization! He could have collected his $10 mil this year and never looked back! Rucker nor Morgan was going to collect a roster bonus and Delhomme may not have!

Peyton worship aside, you cannot find another player with as much decency at such a high profile. I'm sure he's not perfect and sometimes things that look perfect usually have severe flaws. I just think in this case, Peyton has done most everything you could ask for from a player of this elite caliber and our society seems quick to want to find the warts. We've all been let down by players we put on pedestals but we couldn't ask for a better role model for our kids. Until he messes up really bad, I tend to think he's an alien from another planet. I mean, how does a guy with so much money around him not get influenced in a more negative way? It's just nice to have someone to point at with a finger to my coming grandson and say, " You see this player, that's Peyton Manning and he's the greatest player that ever lived and a great person too".

QUOTE(ERA @ Mar 8 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826405611[/snapback]Peyton worship aside, you cannot find another player with as much decency at such a high profile. I'm sure he's not perfect and sometimes things that look perfect usually have severe flaws. I just think in this case, Peyton has done most everything you could ask for from a player of this elite caliber and our society seems quick to want to find the warts. We've all been let down by players we put on pedestals but we couldn't ask for a better role model for our kids. Until he messes up really bad, I tend to think he's an alien from another planet. I mean, how does a guy with so much money around him not get influenced in a more negative way? It's just nice to have someone to point at with a finger to my coming grandson and say, " You see this player, that's Peyton Manning and he's the greatest player that ever lived and a great person too".

You could also point at Tom Brady and say, "You see this player, that's Tom Brady, he has won three Superbowls and knock-up two super models in two months in two different countries. He is a world traveler and always leaves something behind for long lasting memories".

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:16 PM) 826405718[/snapback]You could also point at Tom Brady and say, "You see this player, that's Tom Brady, he has won three Superbowls and knock-up two super models in two months in two different countries. He is a world traveler and always leaves something behind for long lasting memories".

I bet he could sell the heck out of his sperm to a sperm bank .......

But then he had to find something to do with his time this yr.......since his season ENDED so soon.

Guest dare_2_dream

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 9 2007 - 09:43 PM) 826406746[/snapback]I'm not a Peyton fan, but I respect what the man does on and off of the field. I think when he hangs it up he will go down as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. But, some of these posts are boarder line man-crushish.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .. leave their love for peyton manning alone. you wouldn't understand it monty.