To: Peyton Haters

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826361868[/snapback]

I have never gotten the hang of why this athlete is such a lightning rod of hate.

From my observations, I have compiled the Top 21 Reasons Why Some People Can't Stand Peyton Manning:

1. He comes from a good family, fairly well-to-do who's father was a high profile athlete. (Class-envy hate card).

2. He was a high profile top recruit (We-didn't-get-him-to-go-to-our-college hate card)

3. He went to UT (Tennessee Vol hate card)

4. He was taught to pump his feet while setting up for a pass, which allows him to be in a better throwing position and not locked into the ground (Looks Goofy to me hate card.)

5. He has a long neck (Genetic hate card)

6. He wears his hair short, looks like a rich frat boy (Class Envy, Looks like a Republican hate card)

7. Has supported Republican candidates (Republican hate card)

8. Only refuted "trouble" he got into in college was a locker room mooning incident (Goody-two-shoes hate card)

9. Married his college sweetheart (Happy-ending hate card)

10. While he put up impressive numbers in college, his teams didn't win a number of championships (The-Ha-Ha-Ha-he's-not-that-good hate card. Note: Close relative to items 2 and 3)

11. His team consistently beat my team in college (See items 2 and 3)

12. While a pre-season Heisman hopeful, he loses the Heisman trophy (See items 2, 3, and 10)

13. He came back to finish his college eligibility, even though he graduated (Take the money and run hate card, also number 8)

14. He was the number one selection in the draft (The I want to see successful people fail because it makes me feel good about my life hate card)

15. With the Colts, he is made the starting QB out of the shoot (Ex-Colt QB's hate club?)

16. He is constantly changing the play at the line of scrimmage, or appears to change the play at the line of scrimmage (What is he doing that for? hate club)

17. His team never advanced far enough in the playoffs, despite universally being saddled with weak defenses (What have you done for me lately hate club, see also Item 10)

18. He yells at players (QB's should never yell at teammates hate club)

19. He spends a lot of time in preparation, even going back years in film study (The If he was so good, why does he need to do this hate club AND the I Bet you He even studied is school to make good grades hate club; see also 8 and 9)

20. He is in a number of commercials, and has a high Q rating (Overexposed athlete hate club)

21. He makes a lot of money, thanks everyone, praises his teammates and just won the Super Bowl as well as the MVP of the game; which along with his other league MVP awards and numerous passing records, has him on a bee-line to Canton (See all of the above).

Yep, I would put the haters in a "REDNECK" category except that it would be too high of a group rating for the haters so what would you name the "HATERS"?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out that he had already received his undergraduate degree at the end of his jr yr b/c he attended summer school and took the maximum amount of hrs each semester. Then his sr season ( the one he wanted to play b/c UT paid for his services for 4 yrs as he stated ) he got his masters degree. So he leaves UT with superior grades and 2 degrees to show for it.

BTW....excellent list there......and I think you covered it.

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Feb 6 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826360906[/snapback]

He can win all the Super Bowls he wants, but one thing remains .. He never did and never will beat Florida. Once Gator Bait, always Gator Bait. I thought people rode him hard before he won the Super Bowl, now its gotten worse .. Keep on ridin

You cant be serious... I can't stand Florida fans that live in Tennessee...

Traitors....

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 16 2007 - 02:02 AM) 826374110[/snapback]

You cant be serious... I can't stand Florida fans that live in Tennessee...

Traitors....

Alot of these we like to call "bandwagon fans"! They are for whoever is winning! Not saying that about D2D, because since I have been on here he has been a UF follower, but alot of fans are bandwagon!