To: Peyton Haters

Whooa, another Peyton-hating moment happened at the Tennessee-Florida basketball game.

ESPN shows him at the game, with Colt teammates Brandon Stokely and Jeff Saturday. He is interviewed by ESPN, and was reported that he spoke to the team before the game. During the game he is shown talking to Phil Fulmer.

There are a NUMBER of hating cards, for example. . .

- Peyton shows up for the Florida vs. UT basketball Game (What, you Couldn't Beat the Gators When You Played, Now you're Riding Pearl's coat tails you Sleaze Ball, Go Gators Chomp Chomp Hate Card)

-Why did he go back for a basketball game, I thought he's graduated and gone on to the NFL? (The I Guess You Need to Still Cling to Your College Memories Like a Security Blanket Hate Card)

- He got tickets right near the floor for him and his two buddies (The Athletes Get All of the Goodies For Nothing Hate Card)

- He brought teammates Jeff Saturday and Brandon Stokely (I Hate UT, Fulmer is Using them for Recruiting, This is another NCAA Violation that They'll Let Slide, Roll Tide Hate Card)

- He spoke to the team before the game (Cheater! Cheater! Cheater!, Why didn't the Gators invite Rex Grossman, Mr. Big Shot Super Bowl Winner Hate Card)

- He wore a button down collared dress shirt, blue jeans, probably Bass Weejuns (White Bread Hate Card)

- He was interviewed on TV (How Much Longer Will the Media Drool All Over this Guy, Give me a Break Hate Card)

- He did not bring $81,000 to "rain" on the court when Pat Summitt showed up in a cheerleading outfit ( The PacMan Jones Fan Club Hater Card)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:03 PM) 826389540[/snapback]Many athletes each year restructure their contracts, stop putting Peyton on a platform above everyone else when he is doing what many do each year. This is one reason why people have animosity towards Peyton because people think everything he does is holy and no other athlete compares. Well this is not the case. Peyton is a great football player and even better person, however putting him up on a pedestal goes against all he stands for.

I know there have been a few noted situations in the past where players have restructered for the better of there team with Aikman doing it back round the mid-90's, but you say it happens every year so please name me another player that has done this, this year? And please enlighten us with all the details!

Not everyday that a player turns down $10 million now and have to earn it at $2.5 million over 4 years to save his team $8 million under the cap! I bet a player has never restructed $10 million guaranteed right now!

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:56 PM) 826393806[/snapback]I know there have been a few noted situations in the past where players have restructered for the better of there team with Aikman doing it back round the mid-90's, but you say it happens every year so please name me another player that has done this, this year? And please enlighten us with all the details!

Not everyday that a player turns down $10 million now and have to earn it at $2.5 million over 4 years to save his team $8 million under the cap! I bet a player has never restructed $10 million guaranteed right now!

You're all over it GotMilk! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(ERA @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826394104[/snapback]You're all over it GotMilk! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

LOL! I respect a person that can step up and admit he was wrong! Big up's to you ERA! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess his "posse" of Stokely and Saturday left the money in the limo. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

And if he would've showered 81 GR out on the basketball court, in front of all of those students. . . /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826394149[/snapback]I guess his "posse" of Stokely and Saturday left the money in the limo. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

And if he would've showered 81 GR out on the basketball court, in front of all of those students. . . /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But na really, Peyton has brought alot more than 81 G to Knoxville over the past 14 years!!!

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:56 PM) 826393806[/snapback]I know there have been a few noted situations in the past where players have restructered for the better of there team with Aikman doing it back round the mid-90's, but you say it happens every year so please name me another player that has done this, this year? And please enlighten us with all the details!

I promise you their have been players do the same thing. Jamal Lewis decided to let the Ravens cut him so they could create 8.3 million dollars of cap space. Jamal will resign back with the Ravens and understands why the Ravens released him and said it was for the best of the team. Once again you are putting Manning on this throne he does not belong too. Manning still gets his money, so did he really do anything special? No, he didn't. This is a common practice in the NFL as in contracts these large roster bonuses are put in the contract and rarely does the player receive that large bonus. So you guys just need to get off Peyton's footballs and realize this is a common practice in the NFL. Teams will restructure contracts of players like Manning to help fit their cap for that year. You know what was Manning's base salary in the 2nd year of his current contract? $ 668,520 . This happens on every team, every year.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:03 AM) 826394472[/snapback]I promise you their have been players do the same thing. Jamal Lewis decided to let the Ravens cut him so they could create 8.3 million dollars of cap space. Jamal will resign back with the Ravens and understands why the Ravens released him and said it was for the best of the team.

Like he had a choice? The Ravens were cutting him regardless, and you are more than likely right about him resigning with them, but who knows? Either way, he didnt volunteer to lose that money, he was told he was going to!

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 1 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826394558[/snapback]Like he had a choice? The Ravens were cutting him regardless, and you are more than likely right about him resigning with them, but who knows? Either way, he didnt volunteer to lose that money, he was told he was going to!

No the Ravens ran out of time restructuring his contract, get the story straight so instead of hurting the team they cut him. He understood why. Its ok that Peyton isn't the only player doing this practice, I applaud him for helping out the team, but he is doing what many players do each year to help the their team. Nothing special just life in a salary cap society.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826395053[/snapback]No the Ravens ran out of time restructuring his contract, get the story straight so instead of hurting the team they cut him. He understood why. Its ok that Peyton isn't the only player doing this practice, I applaud him for helping out the team, but he is doing what many players do each year to help the their team. Nothing special just life in a salary cap society.

How do you run out of time to restructer? They have had almost 2 month! This tells me one thing, both sides couldnt agree on a restructered contract so they had to cut him to save money under the cap! So fine he understands that they had to cut him to save money, yet it wasnt like he said "hey cut me"! Or maybe I am wrong so straighten the story for me

Questions?

Why did they run out of time? If Jamal was so willing to take a pay cut for the better of the team then why wasnt it restructered, instead of being cut? And one more thing, Who else has done this, this year besides Peyton? You say many players do it each year, give the names of a few?

I am not saying your wrong by any means, but anyone that knows me, knows I like to see the facts!