Single A Baseball

tricklician

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team 2 watch has to be the rockwood tigers. They have 8 starters back plus they lost no pitching at all. They have the best offense in single A, They have shane doughty comming back, the had a monster year last year with 15 homers. Plus the have a great leader in marcus whitaker. WHo has 2 be one of the best def catchers in single a, He also is a beast at the plate he ended the year with 8 homers. YOu cant forget about bear allen who also had 8 homers last year. The only ? is going 2 be in the shortstop spot. But They Have 2 good kids Zack D, and Tinker that can step up and play. They have all the talent, 2 make it 2 the show. I dont see then getting beat by any1 in there region

Huntingdon Mustangs will have tough region again but should be the favorites to make it back to state. Lost alot of speed in outfield and a solid middle infielder but bats should be better (that killed them at state last year) and all but 2 wins comes back in the pitching department.

Others from the area that will be legit threats:

Union City

JCS

Adamsville

Mckenzie ?

Please add teams if you feel I missed any West Tn single A teams. these are just the few that I am familiar with.

Union City lost many starters..(7)...but they still have some key players from last years 24-3 team. Some new comers will have to step up to help them. I believe they will win 14A...but come time for state, it will be a tough couple of weeks. They have the talent and coaching to do so however. With Lowrance throwing good and Speed hitting, the rest of the team will fall in behind, and could be trouble for any team.

Sunbright Tigers. Return all but one starter. They have a really good Ace and solid 2,3 pitchers. I think they can give Rockwood a run for their money. I wouldn't want to be a #2 team out of that region, because both teams have good pitchers. Rockwood gets Breazele (sp?) back this year, and he's a good player with a cannon. So Rockwood and Sunbright have good chances.

QUOTE(tricklician @ Feb 9 2007 - 08:18 AM) 826364775[/snapback]

What teams will have what it takes to get to the big show?

Forrest Rockets...Lost 8 from Last yr's Runner up team But still have alot of Talent!!!Will have alot of youth this season with (5 seniors,4 juniors,8 sophomores,and 5 freshamn) but as the yr goes on and experiece grows could be a sleeper team come May!

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Feb 9 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826365025[/snapback]

Huntingdon Mustangs will have tough region again but should be the favorites to make it back to state. Lost alot of speed in outfield and a solid middle infielder but bats should be better (that killed them at state last year) and all but 2 wins comes back in the pitching department.

Others from the area that will be legit threats:

Union City

JCS

Adamsville

Mckenzie ?

Please add teams if you feel I missed any West Tn single A teams. these are just the few that I am familiar with.

Humboldt will be a serious contender out of the west if they can find a solid bat in the middle of that lineup (most likely 4 year starter Will Roe)...They have a very deep pitching staff including last year's ace Tyler Jackson along with last year's standout freshmen Drew Hopkins...Both are lefties and will be joined by a 3 year starter Clint Brown, and several other talented underclassmen...

The lineup will be solid at the top with Josh Hawks most likely leading off being followed by either Chris Brasfield or Bryan Wilhauks...A lot of talent and potential and they should be hungry after giving Mckenzie all they wanted last year in the region semifinal, losing 6-4 even with Hayes on the mound..

Ony 2 seniors on this team (Hawks and Roe)...this team will be solid for the next few years...

QUOTE(tricklician @ Feb 9 2007 - 08:18 AM) 826364775[/snapback]

What teams will have what it takes to get to the big show?

I believe that Adamsville will be really good this year. They are going to show people this year that last year wasn't just luck. They only lost one player last year and have the main line up from last year. They have every pitcher except for the one they lost. So Adamsville is goin to turn some more heads this year I believe.

Huntingdon, Adamsville, and JCS have to be the favorites. A'Ville returns virtually the same team that played in the sub-state last year, while Huntingdon returns the entire pitching staff from a state tournament team.

Union City and Halls in 14-A are always tough, but lost a lot of seniors. Humboldt doesn't concern anyone because they have no one that can hit. Bradford actually returns its entire lineup minus one, as does Peabody, but those teams always have trouble winning big games.

McKenzie lost the most, but play in a very weak district behind Huntingdon. If they can find a #1 starter, they'll have a chance in May as well.

TCA or Riverside could also sneak up on JCS in 15-A as well.