Single A Baseball

tricklician

QUOTE(Butchie @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826388328[/snapback]bug pitched three games last yr and was hurt most of the season when it came to pitching

he has always had a fastball just lack of confidence throwing it but he has it now

impossible? we won state last yr anything is possible.

he has been throwing 200 pitches a week since last season ended.

while most kids was out chasing women he was sweatin it.

he knew he would be lone senior pitching and his work ethic seems to be rewarded.

he will definaetely turn some heads

and will be greatly underestimated. was playing travel ball with Gibson County Heat a couple yrs. and travel ball since 12. has been in a lot of big games. Including making All-National team at age of thirteen as a pitcher and Gibson County Heat won 4th in the nation in Arkansas. has pitched and won games against top teams in travel ball. Can't wait to unveil his ability. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I remember that team. Didn't some guys from Bradford and Trenton play on it?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Blue and Gold @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826388415[/snapback]Not that Smith isn't a good player but if he was all that he would of already signed with someone. the HEAt were just a average team that played local ball no better that a rec. team. Maybe a AA team in TSSAA. Smiths bat is better that his pitching. I'll still take the Huntingdon team over the Rebels this year with Mckenzie being the runner-up in that district. After that the Rebels will have trouble with UC or Humbolt in the Northwest.

if i am not mistaken, Crocker played for the heat as well. If that is the case, I do not think he would play for a so so team. Do you?

QUOTE(ALL4HIM @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:44 AM) 826389741[/snapback]if i am not mistaken, Crocker played for the heat as well. If that is the case, I do not think he would play for a so so team. Do you?

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Now we are talking about the same team. Bugs and Crocker have been friends for years. it goes back to when Cody and his all-star team won it all. Bugs and Cody did play for the HEAT WHICH WAS AN EXCELLENT TEAM and also a short stint with the Memphis Tigers. Bugs was on the Heat with crocker as well. And there was some great players from Trenton and dyer.

Holt from Trenton. Proudfit, Dethloff, and Tate from Bradford. Hickerson was on the team as well. So it is a joke for someone to say they were so, so huh? I think the final standings was 49 and 10 was the record. Copley from Dyer, Russom from Rutherford, Attales from Jackson, Cody aarnold, and if i'm leaving someone out i'm sorry but they were awesome. When they played Gant and the Cougars it was always a one to nothing game and it was a toss up til the end. Crocker played some for the Tribe and they were awesome as well. But thanks for taking me down memory lane. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(basser52 @ Feb 16 2007 - 07:47 AM) 826374194[/snapback]In regard to the rockets, they were not by any means a bad team. However they did lose thier ace, Mikie Minor, after last year. I do not see any better of an outcome for them this year. I do think however, if they had conserved Minor's arm against Lookout Valley last year, they could have gone all the way. I saw Minor throw with my own two eyes. If they had saved his arm that day, they couldn't have been beaten.

What are you talking about? Mikey was fine. He pitched in his normal rotation with Skelly and Burkett. The Championship game was decided on two unearned runs and Forrests inablity to adjust to Drew Hayes high outside fastball. Give Hayes credit. They gave him the outside corner and he used it. As I recall the hits were even at four.

And if anybody is interested Mikey threw a shutout against Auston Pea the other day.

And in regards to the Rockets. They lost 8 seniors. They have good players coming up but I have know idea how they will do.

QUOTE(Butchie @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826384979[/snapback]The hayes are very good people and excellent at keeping secrets. But the talk around town is mom wants him to play at vanderbilt. And dad just supports his decisions. lol we all will have to wait and see. lol so stay tuned. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

As I recall Drew Hayes took a football scholarship at Bethal I think. Vanderbilt is loaded so they won't be looking for Drew Hayes.

QUOTE(bigstick#1 @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:50 AM) 826364875[/snapback]The team 2 watch has to be the rockwood tigers. They have 8 starters back plus they lost no pitching at all. They have the best offense in single A, They have shane doughty comming back, the had a monster year last year with 15 homers. Plus the have a great leader in marcus whitaker. WHo has 2 be one of the best def catchers in single a, He also is a beast at the plate he ended the year with 8 homers. YOu cant forget about bear allen who also had 8 homers last year. The only ? is going 2 be in the shortstop spot. But They Have 2 good kids Zack D, and Tinker that can step up and play. They have all the talent, 2 make it 2 the show. I dont see then getting beat by any1 in there region

i have 2 agree, the tigers r goin 2 make alot of ruckus this year!!!

QUOTE(Butchie @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826388328[/snapback]bug pitched three games last yr and was hurt most of the season when it came to pitching

he has always had a fastball just lack of confidence throwing it but he has it now

impossible? we won state last yr anything is possible.

he has been throwing 200 pitches a week since last season ended.

while most kids was out chasing women he was sweatin it.

he knew he would be lone senior pitching and his work ethic seems to be rewarded.

he will definaetely turn some heads

and will be greatly underestimated. was playing travel ball with Gibson County Heat a couple yrs. and travel ball since 12. has been in a lot of big games. Including making All-National team at age of thirteen as a pitcher and Gibson County Heat won 4th in the nation in Arkansas. has pitched and won games against top teams in travel ball. Can't wait to unveil his ability. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

there is no way this kid will be throwin 90mph hour this year and if he is throwin 200 pitches a week then no wonder he has arm troubles, throwin that many pitches a week is just stupid and not good for your arm at all

QUOTE(bballislife32 @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826398490[/snapback]there is no way this kid will be throwin 90mph hour this year and if he is throwin 200 pitches a week then no wonder he has arm troubles, throwin that many pitches a week is just stupid and not good for your arm at all

hurt meant he hyper extended his thumb from football weightlifting, and received a Johnathon Keck fastball to the ankle. His work-out regime for baseball is what he is used to. And by the way where did u play college ball at? You must be a baseball great to be making these comments. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:25 PM) 826398597[/snapback]hurt meant he hyper extended his thumb from football weightlifting, and received a Johnathon Keck fastball to the ankle. His work-out regime for baseball is what he is used to. And by the way where did u play college ball at? You must be a baseball great to be making these comments. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i have around the game a very long time and know what im talking about im not just someones dad like you are to get on here to talk up your son, Im just hear to talk to facts and not bullcrap like you saying your son is throwing 200 pitches a week

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(bballislife32 @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:50 PM) 826399473[/snapback]i have around the game a very long time and know what im talking about im not just someones dad like you are to get on here to talk up your son, Im just hear to talk to facts and not bullcrap like you saying your son is throwing 200 pitches a week

Time will tell. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Here is a little info on The St.Jude Classic being held in Union City this year....

2007 Classic Schedule

Wednesday, March 28th

4:30 PM - Dresden Lions vs Obion Central Rebels

6:30 PM - Humboldt Vikings vs Union City Golden Tornadoes

Thursday, March 29th

4:30 PM - Huntingdon Mustangs vs Obion Central Rebels

6:30 PM - Huntingdon Mustangs vs Union City Golden Tornadoes

6:30 PM - Dresden Lions vs Humboldt Vikings (Thompson Field)

Friday, March 30th

4:30 PM - Dresden Lions vs Huntingdon Mustangs

6:30 PM - Union City Golden Tornadoes vs Obion Central Rebels

Saturday, March 31st

12:00 PM - Huntingdon Mustangs vs Humboldt Vikings

2:30 PM - Humboldt Vikings vs Obion Central Rebels

5:00 PM - Dresden Lions vs Union City Golden Tornadoes

The 2007 St. Jude Classic is a five team round-robin event. The team with the best overall record winning the championship.

If you would like to see pictures of the stadium go to www.ucturf.com and click on Elam Stadium...

Also in Union City this year on May 3-11 the District 13AA Tournament will be held and August 3-7 the Babe Ruth Southeast Regional for 13-15 yr olds will again be played at UC......

Also there are pictures of War Memorial Stadium on the website...Home of the Golden Tornado football team...Just click on War Memorial Stadium

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 4 2007 - 06:50 PM) 826399771[/snapback]/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Time will tell. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yes it will. Could see arm trouble if not careful.. i Hope at least 100 of those 200 are about half speed. And i played college ball.