Single A Baseball

tricklician

QUOTE(Vultor @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826395416[/snapback]As I recall Drew Hayes took a football scholarship at Bethal I think. Vanderbilt is loaded so they won't be looking for Drew Hayes.

I think the coaches at Vanderbilt would love to have another pitcher of his caliber!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NothinBUTThaTruth @ Mar 8 2007 - 07:32 AM) 826404433[/snapback]Apparently not..

I am not here really to talk up one player or another. I don't think anyone has proven themselves, yet. Not your team, not thier team, not you, not them , not that one over there, not this player or that player, etc... Really we should not even be talking about it now but it's fun and entertaining. We should wait until end of the season or at least until late in the season and let the stats speak for themselves. These young atheletes are affected by alot of outside influences during the off season at this age group of 15 to 18 years old, eg. girls, cars, the wrong friends, lack of dedication, family problems, etc.. Alot of things can change from year to year. I wish them all the luck and the end of the season will tell. As far as Clint Kee, he deserves to be there as much as anyone at this point of the season. My son played with him this last season, along with Adam Milligan, Micheal (Mikey) Panthofer and many more on the Tennessee Stars 18 u team. I as well seen him pitch some outstanding games to be only 16. I guess he is only a junior now but I have seen what he can do. And if he keeps working and stays away from the wrong influences that harm so many good atheletes, I think he is very capable of being one of the best of the west, if no this year then the next, as a senior. As well has alot of guys pitched good games last year. It's only going to matter at the end of the season. So really you or no one else can the garuantee one guy or the next. Let's wait on the stats and keep it real. Good Luck to all the teams and may the best team win !

QUOTE(cptjack34 @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826374275[/snapback]i went jcm thank you

cptjack...I`m confused. You posted this earlier. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

i grew up in mckenzie and played ball there and i have seen alot of games between mckenzie and huntingdon.and i know that when they faceoff in baseball,football or any sport there will be alot of pressure and shot tempers,but it is always a good game.all i can say is lets do the talking on the field.i am sure huntingdon has good players they always do.mckenzie also has alot too not just drew hayes .drew is a good player and the leader of the team.his older brother mike hayes was a great pitcher for mckenzie also so drew learned very well. but we can never say what can happen till they take the field.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 8 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826405368[/snapback]I think pops and his boy share an account. cptjack34 is the Logan Poore (whoever that is) fan club/publicity department. Quite humorous

Humorous for the first 5 posts about Logan Poore (again, whoever that is). Since then, the last 1,245,253 posts on the young man no one knows have made me want to do myself bodily harm.

QUOTE(back@home @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826404464[/snapback]I think the coaches at Vanderbilt would love to have another pitcher of his caliber!

First I don't think they have a scholarship for him. Then besides being behind Price and the other upperclassmen, he would be behind Minor, Goodenow, and I can't remember the name of the other All State pitcher they picked up last year. I know Minor is already spot starting for them and is doing very well. Hayes throws hard but if Coach Corbin didn't recruit him before I don't see why he would now. And I don't see why he would try to walk on at $40K a year.

QUOTE(rocketman1 @ Feb 11 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826367329[/snapback]Forrest Rockets...Lost 8 from Last yr's Runner up team But still have alot of Talent!!!Will have alot of youth this season with (5 seniors,4 juniors,8 sophomores,and 5 freshamn) but as the yr goes on and experiece grows could be a sleeper team come May!

If Forrest is up there,Huntland and Cully have to be.Huntland beat Forrset 8-3 in preseason,and Cully also beat them.

QUOTE(RangerCountry @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826378424[/snapback]No dought that game was brutal for Unaka coming off a close lose 2-1 to Huntington earlier that morning. Lookout could hit the ball pretty well and Unaka's offense didnt kick in until it was way too late. This years team is young with only 3 seniors but is well balanced and lineup will be much more expolsive this year with A. Church, A. Colbough, and B. Medina in the middle. Pitching will be the question this year for the Rangers.

Unaka should have 4 Seniors .... Michael Carpenter, Matt Rasnick, Brandon Medina and Andrew Church