East Large Sectional Tourn at Pigeon Forge Middle

4th&goal

QUOTE(33viking @ Feb 11 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826367214[/snapback]

Area 1 Teams: #1 seed Colonial Heights (Kingsport), #2 seed John Sevier (Kingsport), #3 seed Vance (Bristol) All 3 teams are from the Middle 8 Conference. Vance defeated Pigeon Forge Middle yesterday in the first round of the Sectional.

John Sevier also moved ahead over Seymour. They will be facing the #1 seed, Norris on Tues at 5:30. It should be a good inside game to watch!

To answer your question as to whether or not Athens was as weak as they appeared.... Absolutely not. I dont know if you noticed it or not but their two best players were battling the flu or some sort of stomach virus as they rushed off the floor each time out to get sick. #33, and #21 are their main scorers and both were probably not even at 30% last night. I hate that for those kids. As far as strong teams that are left, you have to think that the 3 others that are there belong there. #34 from CH was amazing, where will she goto high school, also, i dont think she missed a shot last night (literally) and had 28. is that a norm for her? or was it the fact that no one was guarding her? She is a tremendous player.

Athens is not a weak team. I think Area 1 is the strongest area up there, but area 4 is not far behind. #21 and #33 from Athens are capable of 20 pts + on any night. Also North Middle is a tough team. They are capable of 8 + threes per games, plus they are tough inside. Cherokee who won area 4 (but was a 5 seed) also had a player #40 who at times this season scored 26 points on several occasions, but she was in foul trouble early against Vance. Good luck to North Friday! Go Stars.

No doubt that had an affect on the outcome of the game last night for Athens. I hate to see those 2 girls and that team end their season on a game like that. They had the potential to beat CH and just had some bad luck with the flu bug. As far as Cherokee and #40, she is a great player as well and will most definately contribute as a freshman next season wherever she chooses to go.

QUOTE(brocksterdanza @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826372730[/snapback]

No doubt that had an affect on the outcome of the game last night for Athens. I hate to see those 2 girls and that team end their season on a game like that. They had the potential to beat CH and just had some bad luck with the flu bug. As far as Cherokee and #40, she is a great player as well and will most definately contribute as a freshman next season wherever she chooses to go.

I strongly agree that #40 for Cherokee is a very good player. She will be an asset to the high school program she will be playing for.

QUOTE(brocksterdanza @ Feb 15 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826372664[/snapback]

To answer your question as to whether or not Athens was as weak as they appeared.... Absolutely not. I dont know if you noticed it or not but their two best players were battling the flu or some sort of stomach virus as they rushed off the floor each time out to get sick. #33, and #21 are their main scorers and both were probably not even at 30% last night. I hate that for those kids. As far as strong teams that are left, you have to think that the 3 others that are there belong there. #34 from CH was amazing, where will she goto high school, also, i dont think she missed a shot last night (literally) and had 28. is that a norm for her? or was it the fact that no one was guarding her? She is a tremendous player.

#34 Makensey Campbell is an 8th grader that will leave Colonial Heights Middle and go to Sullivan South HS. She averages 31 points a game and usually has to endure an attempted double team. She is a complete package. This team is comprised of 5 eighth graders with 3 starting and 7 seventh graders with 2 starting and 1 being the first alternate at wing/point. They are 25-3. They are a run & gun team. Athens slowed the game down substantially. When the game slows down they get out of their element. 'Kensey is the catalyst but their are 2 other shooters on the starting 5 (#14 7th grader Megan Fuller and #42 8th grader Kelsey Smith) and Katie "P" #45 the post, is imposing down under. #12 Abigail Fletcher is the weak link on scoring but is a playmaker and the resident speedster. Last year as a 6th grader she took the county crown in the 400 meter (1:04 Flat) and 2nd in both the 100 meter and the 200 meter. Tomorrow they play North. Can someone give a rundown of this team? TIA.