District 1 AAA Tournament

ArtVandalay

The District 1 AAA Tournament is being held in Bristol @ Viking Hall this year.

If you know the schedule of who plays who and when this get's started.. please post.

DB is the #1 SEED, SH #2, did TN High end up the 3 seed? If so, that just blows me away. Central and Volunteer both (in my opion) are much better than the Vikings.

DB and Science Hill will for sure be the favorites to make it to the finals, but the Central Cougars have to be considered the Dark Horse. Cenral is a good team led by Hess and they are well coached.

Thoughts on the Tournament?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This schedule was posted on tri-cities sports.com about a week ago: the #7seed Sullivan East plays #8 South Tues. Feb 13 at 6:00 and #6 Boone plays #7 Crockett at 7:45. #2 Science Hill plays the East South winner at 7:30 on Fri. Feb 16 at 7:30. #3 Tn High plays the Boone Crockett winner at 9:15. Volunteer plays Central at 7:45 on Thurs Feb. 15 at 7:45 and the winner plays #1 seed DB at 6:00 on Mon Feb.19 followed by the other semi. The finals are set for Wed Feb. 21 at 7:45 following the 3rd place game at 6:00. Anyway that's what thay had, it may or may not be right.

QUOTE(ArtVandalay @ Feb 10 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826366003[/snapback]

If you know the schedule of who plays who and when this get's started.. please post.

DB is the #1 SEED, SH #2, did TN High end up the 3 seed? If so, that just blows me away. Central and Volunteer both (in my opion) are much better than the Vikings.

DB and Science Hill will for sure be the favorites to make it to the finals, but the Central Cougars have to be considered the Dark Horse. Cenral is a good team led by Hess and they are well coached.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

QUOTE(1cougarfan @ Feb 10 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826366014[/snapback]

This schedule was posted on tri-cities sports.com about a week ago: the #7seed Sullivan East plays #8 South Tues. Feb 13 at 6:00 and #6 Boone plays #7 Crockett at 7:45. #2 Science Hill plays the East South winner at 7:30 on Fri. Feb 16 at 7:30. #3 Tn High plays the Boone Crockett winner at 9:15. Volunteer plays Central at 7:45 on Thurs Feb. 15 at 7:45 and the winner plays #1 seed DB at 6:00 on Mon Feb.19 followed by the other semi. The finals are set for Wed Feb. 21 at 7:45 following the 3rd place game at 6:00. Anyway that's what thay had, it may or may not be right.

Actually, #7 is Boone and they play #8 South with the winner playing #2 SH. #6 is East playing #9 Crockett with the winner facing #3 TH. #4 Central plays #5 Volunteer with the winner facing #1 D-B who got a bye. But, you are correct, tricitiessports.com has the complete boys and girls brackets up to date and posted now.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

you cant be serious? you honestly think that Central and Volunteer are better than THS. That is ludacris. THS is the most underrated team in the big 9 and it would not surpirse me to see them in the semis or the finals. They are better than people think

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Feb 10 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826366270[/snapback]

you cant be serious? you honestly think that Central and Volunteer are better than THS. That is ludacris. THS is the most underrated team in the big 9 and it would not surpirse me to see them in the semis or the finals. They are better than people think

I don't think the Vikings will have to worry about Central or Volunteer since they are in the opposite side of the bracket. The Hill is who they will have to worry about if they get by the first game. Oh, by the way how many times did the Vikings beat Volunteer this year.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them get to the semis either, since to do so, all they have to do is beat #6 East or #9 Crockett.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 10 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826366484[/snapback]

Why is the bracket messed up like that? Why not just have a play in game between #8 and #9, then the winner of that game play #1, #2 play #7, ect.?

They wanted to give the team who finished 1st in the conference an automatic bid into the regionals.

Yeah tennessee high has to be the under dog this this year because no one thought they would be this good this year except Cap1. Guess he isnt the fool everyone thinks he is.

QUOTE(thehill23 @ Feb 10 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826366416[/snapback]

I don't think the Vikings will have to worry about Central or Volunteer since they are in the opposite side of the bracket. The Hill is who they will have to worry about if they get by the first game. Oh, by the way how many times did the Vikings beat Volunteer this year.

Unfortunately, about as many times at the Hill beat DB.

QUOTE(SillyBilly @ Feb 11 2007 - 10:16 PM) 826367960[/snapback]

Yeah tennessee high has to be the under dog this this year because no one thought they would be this good this year except Cap1. Guess he isnt the fool everyone thinks he is.

In the Big 9 this year it's all about match-ups. With that said and seeing the District brackets as they are, you have to like the Vikings chances. Make no mistake, the District title is still up for grabs. If you think any other way, you are the fool.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Feb 10 2007 - 06:35 PM) 826366540[/snapback]

They wanted to give the team who finished 1st in the conference an automatic bid into the regionals.

$$$$$$ for TSSAA! The new rule is they can only play 2 times in a week, thus 10 days for the tournament. Funny thing, they sometimes play 3 in a week during the season. What happens if it snows and they have to start making up games? If the TSSAA is serious about the students' health and academics, then enforce the rule for the regular season and NO games during exams. It looks good on paper to say they are giving the champs an auto bid, but there are other conferences with no free rides. This is TSSAA's version of 4 football teams in the playoffs. The first rounds will have lower turn out and very few students. More games + higher ticket prices = T$$AA! Expect to see more of the same in other sports.