District 7AA, MVP and Coach of the Year

LA Wildcats

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the post that was against individual awards. If someone works as hard as they can and does a good job then shouldn't they be given the raise?? Same thing in basketball my friend..if you're deserving then you should be rewarded for your effort. Ferris is gonna be a great player, just not hardley there yet and I understand she is a freshman but still...with her height she should have x number of shots and x number of blocks. No one else in this district even comes close to her height but put her against someone her own size and see how impressive she is.

QUOTE(bendoinitawhile @ Feb 14 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826371982[/snapback]

I disagree with the post that was against individual awards. If someone works as hard as they can and does a good job then shouldn't they be given the raise?? Same thing in basketball my friend..if you're deserving then you should be rewarded for your effort. Ferris is gonna be a great player, just not hardley there yet and I understand she is a freshman but still...with her height she should have x number of shots and x number of blocks. No one else in this district even comes close to her height but put her against someone her own size and see how impressive she is.

With all due respect, heigth should not factor in with voting for anything. When are we going to start saying, well this girl dribbles faster or runs faster or jumps higher............Give the girl a break, I know there are alot of girls 6'3" or taller that can't walk and chew gum at the same time!

At some point in time, all of the bashing starts to sound like jealousy.......

QUOTE(stlbrd @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:29 PM) 826372445[/snapback]

With all due respect, heigth should not factor in with voting for anything. When are we going to start saying, well this girl dribbles faster or runs faster or jumps higher............Give the girl a break, I know there are alot of girls 6'3" or taller that can't walk and chew gum at the same time!

At some point in time, all of the bashing starts to sound like jealousy.......

I am not saying that I agree with the other guy, but when you are 6'8'' a little more is expected out of you.... She will be a good player though.

QUOTE(ForLoveOfTheGame @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:34 PM) 826372466[/snapback]

I am not saying that I agree with the other guy, but when you are 6'8'' a little more is expected out of you.... She will be a good player though.

im not bashing her, just sayin just as ForLoveOfTheGame is, when your 6'8" lil more is expected, she should have great numbers, and im not jealous, the person i thought was deserving won it

okay, okay, guess I have missed this thread. Ferris is the biggest player in this district. Hands down. She hasn't had much competition if your talking about size. Anybody who is almost a foot taller than the tallest person in the district should be able to, with no problem at all, turn around and shoot over the top of them. Unfortunately, this is all she has had to do all season long. Now for her to be an "exceptional" player in this district she is going to have to do more to impress. Most are blowed away at the sight of her, just because she is almost 7 ft tall. But the people who really know their basketball probably share the same opinion I have put forth. To be awesome, you have to be more than one dimensional. Only time will tell if her height is all she has going for her. But as for now.....Congrats to all the winners of their awards. Especially Ashley Matthews. You got one of the things you wanted out of this year, now go get the other. It's yours to win. Good luck in tourneys.

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 14 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826371875[/snapback]

the person that wrote that is a older gentleman who doesnt take kindly to idiotic people replyin to his posts, i wouldnt try to strike his nerves, or he may strike back, and about your opinion thing, i have mine too, and ferris does not impress me at all, because she is that tall she should be in the top of everything, find me a girl her size, and then argue...that my friend, is a fact

SHE IS AT THE TOP OF MANY THINGS --

she will never shoot the three ---- or be the point guard -- one must judge in what is real --

she doesn't impress you with 25 points per game ---- 670 so far this year ---

72 percent field goal shooting ----- 10 rebounds per game and five blocks per game ?

i'm impressed ---

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826372573[/snapback]

she will never shoot the three ---- or be the point guard -- one must judge in what is real --

72 percent field goal shooting ----- 10 rebounds per game and five blocks per game ?

i'm impressed ---

you buy her flowers an chocolate for valentines too? shes 6'8" she ought to have those numbers, who is her size that can compete with her? wake up man and understand that, those numbers are expected, and im not impressed

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826373000[/snapback]

you buy her flowers an chocolate for valentines too? shes 6'8" she ought to have those numbers, who is her size that can compete with her? wake up man and understand that, those numbers are expected, and im not impressed

Hands down Ashley deserved this award…she is the best all around player!! I don’t think there should be any dispute about that but come on King21 ...you can't tell me that Kayci’s numbers don't impress you. I get what you are saying about she should score that much because she is so tall but you have to be realistic. For example…. McCoin is taller than Mathews is she expected to score more? Don’t set double standards…. I don’t think there is a minimum point requirement for players based on height….a good player is good regardless how tall they are. Kayci's height is a gift & a curse.... she can post great numbers but on the other hand she is held to this expectation of being 10 times better..

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826372573[/snapback]

i'm impressed ---

I'm impressed that you know these kind of stats about a freshman. I really hate to agree with King21 but he's right. When you are this size, especially being a girl, these kind of numbers are expected. If you cannot produce these kind of numbers on a regular basis then you are pretty much a waste of space. If you, which from the way it sounds you do, watch her play or have watched her play, all that she really does is go to the low block and wait for the lob pass over everybody else. Now please explain to ME not King21 how hard of a shot it is to do that. There are kids that play in the junior pro league each saturday who hit this shot each game. Are you going to tell me that they are MVP worthy? I think not. For this girl to impress people with more than her size, she's gonna have to come up with some kind of talent besides turning and shooting lay-ups each game. And if you want to bring up rebounds or blocks. Not hard for her there either. All she must do is stick her big paw up in the air and shes almost 7'3. Do you think you could rebound over a 7'3 person? Or shoot over them? Think about all this before you try to throw useless stats at me. Get used to it...