Who will win 7AA district

Falcons15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:12 PM) 826370945[/snapback]

This is a Boys Basketball Forum. This is about Who will win 7AA district in basketball, not baseball. You want to jabber about baseball go to the BASEBALL forum.

Yeah, hush that baseball talk or I'll ask you how many state football championships your region has won in the last 2 years!!!

QUOTE(GuessWho?? @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826370918[/snapback]

No I am not mistaken. District 7AA has not won a game in the region tournament in the last 5 years. The last time they won a game in the region tournamrnt was in 2001 and that was the last time they did not have to play 8AA in the region. For proof of this you can go to: http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/2006Champs.htm and click on the years then go to baseball and then to the region brackets.

I thought you were talking about basketball there at first... Take it to the baseball board...

QUOTE(GuessWho?? @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:30 PM) 826370739[/snapback]

I am tired of hearing stuff like this. Yes it is fine to pull for your own district to win, but not just because you are tired of hearing about the other one being so good. You know why you keep hearing that? Because they are good and this district has not been able to beat them. It is the same way in baseball, this district has not won a region game in over 5 years. Maybe yall can win one in baseball now that Macon Co. has came back to this district, but off the baseball subject now. It is the same way in girls basketball for the other district, they have not been able to beat 7AA consistently. I dunno if they complain about hearing how good 7AA are like you guys are doing or not. All I know is if you want to be able to shut them up and win the region than you better hope Macon Co. does it because they are the only ones that have alot of experience playing against those more talented teams because they spent so many years in that district.

You obviously have missed everything they say all year, I'm not saying they aren't good, I said I'm sick and tired of hearing some of their fans talk about how they have this region title sealed up, and one of the best starting fives in the state!!! Yes they are good, but thers a difference in cockiness, and confidence. Take baseball to the BASEBALL board. If this were the BASEBALL board, then we could talk about all that stuff, but its not. And are u saying that Macon is the only team in 7AA basketball who can beat these 8AA teams?

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 13 2007 - 06:35 PM) 826370607[/snapback]

The cats may have needed that reality check going into the tournament.

I have heard my entire life the old phrases such as "gut check", "reality check", "maybe that loss will wake them up", "they needed to be beat before tournament time", etc. In my opinion, I don't care how hard anyone tries to see something positive in it , it's never good to lose.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Feb 14 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826371200[/snapback]

I have heard my entire life the old phrases such as "gut check", "reality check", "maybe that loss will wake them up", "they needed to be beat before tournament time", etc. In my opinion, I don't care how hard anyone tries to see something positive in it , it's never good to lose.

In my opinion, neither of the teams of Cookeville or Livingston looked all that good on Monday night. LA missd alot of close shots as did the other team. There is some good in losing in some cases. I have seen some teams in tournaments get a weaker team to play in another tournament like the region or substate because of losing. Thats just the way the ball bounces.

Wildcat 1970

Sometimes it is bubblegum99. You may not be able to see it, but after awhile, a team starts to win and thinks that they are unbeatable, no matter how humble they may seem somewhere in the back of their mind they get to thinking, Hey maybe we can't be beat. It may or not be good for teams to lose games in certain situations. It can definitely have a positive affect on a team though no doubt.

I disagree, a 'gut check' can come in real handy at times. Its never good to lose, but something positive can be found in it.

Gut Check aside, I would like to see LA win it, but I believe I will UHS will take it since it is at their gym.

Gut checks are fine....losing a game which you didn't play up to your full potential is definately an eye-opener. There is no team that is unbeatable. You and your team can lose at any given time. That's just a cold hard fact about competitive sports. I am going to pick both LA teams in this tourney though. Both boys and girls games will be close though.