Daytona 500

THE SQUAD

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:59 AM) 826374108[/snapback]

Thats a silly post. NASCAR would have done any other driver the same way. You cant really punish someone for a mechanical failure. Just tough luck is all. I highly doubt NASCAR would make up the story about it being an accident if it wasn't. They want to catch all the "real" cheaters that they can so try to put an end to it.

Do you every read Larry Woody in the Tennessean? It is common knowledge of the Little E and Jeff Gordon bias in NASCAR. The star athlete can get away with more and the non-star studded athletes. I don't say if it is right or wrong, just the way it is in any sporting industry.

You can call it silly, stupid or whatever you want but if the kettle is black, it's black. NASCAR applies the rules that best serves NASCAR. It been their legacy and I don't see any change now or in the future as long as the France mafia gang is in charge.

Jack Roush quote 2/14/07:

"Certainly, it's been unprecedented," Roush said. "But if you look and say what have been the precedents of NASCAR, what has been their history and their tradition, it has been to do unprecedented things -- when it suits their purpose. They continue to do things that are different and that are more severe as they relate to infractions than has historically been the case."

Ray Evernham quote 2/14/07:

"I don't mind the rules," Evernham said. "I do want the cheating -- even the gray area -- to stop, but the way the rule book is written, it forces you to do those things. ... Now that you can be suspended or penalized heavily for presenting something that you are not sure of, now what do you do? We're going to have to say that maybe the rules have to be written a little bit more clearly."

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:59 AM) 826374108[/snapback]Thats a silly post. NASCAR would have done any other driver the same way. You cant really punish someone for a mechanical failure.

QUOTE(muffin @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:20 PM) 826376158[/snapback]Passed the pre,failed the post inspection.

It's not a "mechanical failure" if a part is part on wrong,OCF!

Muffin,that's a great point!

Course this is all sour grapes now...

THE SQUAD

I was at the race and got more than my money's worth, even though 8 spun out.

Am I the only one super ticked off with Mark Martin? I used to be a huge #6 fan, but after the 1999 Goody's 500 and seeing how a real man wins a race (Dale Sr.) I switched my loyalties. Martin has no killer instinct. Why would he let off the gas? Stupid. Why didn't he run Harvick into the wall? Stupid.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:49 PM) 826379993[/snapback]I was at the race and got more than my money's worth, even though 8 spun out.

Am I the only one super ticked off with Mark Martin? I used to be a huge #6 fan, but after the 1999 Goody's 500 and seeing how a real man wins a race (Dale Sr.) I switched my loyalties. Martin has no killer instinct. Why would he let off the gas? Stupid. Why didn't he run Harvick into the wall? Stupid.

u dont just ram someone into the wall unless u wanna be black flagged.

Hes known all throughout nascar of being one of the cleanest drivers ever.

Right, you don't blantly ram someone into the wall. You cruise your car high and either force them to back off the gas or create contact. Mark Martin is a very clean driver, that's his problem. Bill Elliot won Most Popular driver award multiple times in the 90s by racing and being squeaky clean.. where did that get him? Once he got old, nothing. He lost the "Eye of the Tiger", Mark Matrin never had it.