District 6-A

SP123

well whatever those two seniors might have done it seems like a lot of athletic abillity going to waste. i know i've said this already but that #3 had 30 points and i've never heard his name before and i think it's because he never gets to play. now i will agree that he was on fire but still 30 points is 30 points. and that other guy had to be at least 6'3'' and 210 lbs and he was able to leap really high and from what i saw he had pretty good hands. that combination is hard to find. maybe if they would have played more then csas would have beaten grace.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ReturnOfRackem @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826370109[/snapback]

I'm not saying CSAS's coach won't get it, I'm just saying SP's coach deserves consideration for the unusual circumstances they've gone through this year. They went through all that and still finished where they have for the past two seasons. To me, that's pretty impressive.

coach richards got it this year from richard hardy im not sure who got player

QUOTE(ragincajun477 @ Feb 15 2007 - 05:55 PM) 826373440[/snapback]

well whatever those two seniors might have done it seems like a lot of athletic abillity going to waste. i know i've said this already but that #3 had 30 points and i've never heard his name before and i think it's because he never gets to play. now i will agree that he was on fire but still 30 points is 30 points. and that other guy had to be at least 6'3'' and 210 lbs and he was able to leap really high and from what i saw he had pretty good hands. that combination is hard to find. maybe if they would have played more then csas would have beaten grace.

#3 Brandon Craven has been getting playing time his whole career even as a freshman when CSAS had that loaded team. he has been getting playing time as a matter of fact I think he played quite a bit against Grace and just didnt produce

QUOTE(ReturnOfRackem @ Feb 12 2007 - 05:44 PM) 826369146[/snapback]

South Pittsburg's coach should get serious consideration for District COY. Any reasons to dispute that can be beaten with the following:

1. Lost the school's all-time leading scorer and rebounder from last year

2. NO GYM! - 85% of games were played on the road

3. Still finished a solid #2 in the district (which is exactly where they've finished the previous two years WITH the school's all-time leader in everything!)

4 NO GYM! NO GYM! NO GYM!

That's got to be worth something!

I havent followed SP basketball real close this year but even I know thats a good post. Probably no other coach especially a first year coach has faced the problems the SP coach had to deal with. Yes definitely a coach of year candidate.

QUOTE(keep dreamin @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826373816[/snapback]

um no, they gave him coach of the year because of what he has done for RH joe didnt play half the year and didnt get mvp, he was all district tho

And what exactly did he do for RH that would grant a Coach of the Year award? Lets see according to the Coacht website:

1. 17-10 record

2. 5-5 in district play

3. loses to the 4th seed and 5th seed in the tournament in the regular season

4. lost to the number one seed in the tournament twice for a total point differential of 71pts

Stellar Resume for Coach of the Year, seems to be the obvious vote to me

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826373847[/snapback]

And what exactly did he do for RH that would grant a Coach of the Year award? Lets see according to the Coacht website:

1. 17-10 record

2. 5-5 in district play

3. loses to the 4th seed and 5th seed in the tournament in the regular season

4. lost to the number one seed in the tournament twice for a total point differential of 71pts

Stellar Resume for Coach of the Year, seems to be the obvious vote to me

1. Probably not even 50 boys in the entire school to pick from

2. Team probably hasn't had a winning record (overall or district)... ever

3. Was picked to finish dead last

4. South Pitt lost to number 1 team twice by a total of almost 60 points

5. Beat #2 seed

Looks like staller coach of the year resume for me too.

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826373831[/snapback]

He must be a coach or something...Cause this info. is voted on at the coaches meeting before the district tourney and the newspaper doesnt release it until after the tournament....

Im sure he knows all that because evry district has that rule of coaches keeping that stuff quiet especiall coach of hte year and player of the year stuf....but his coach just couldnt contain himself when he found out he won and had to share witht he team.....maybe a little bit egotistical but never the less congrats to hardy