krichunaka

1) Elizabethton

2) Unicoi County

2) Cloudland

4) Hampton

4) Unaka

6) Johnson County

6) Happy Valley

Hello from Northern Virginia! Sorry I'm late, especially considering the great action of last week, but a little time with my youngest son has been wonderful. The Lady Cyclones were as good against the Lady Vikings in the second half of Senior Night, as they were bad in the first. Still the most talented, most promising team of the Seven, but the Lady Cyclones must start playing Complete Games soon.

Cloudland and Unicoi County play Tuesday night, so no reason to consider which should be ranked higher. The Lady Blue Devils lost two last week, but against the top two in District One AA. We were shocked when Unaka held Cloudland to No three point baskets last Tuesday at Snavely. The Lady Highlanders followed that up with a repeat, but in the Clincher in Roan Mountain, they were more determined to attack the paint, and that worked for the nine-point victory over the Lady Bulldogs.

Unaka is playing so much better than in early season. The Lady Rangers have now defeated four teams - North Greene, Cosby, Cloudland, and Sullivan Central - that they lost to earlier. Nice turnaround. But for being swept by Unicoi County and Hampton, Unaka could make a case for the number three ranking. The Lady Bulldogs and Lady Rangers will have at it again soon.

Happy Valley followed the big win over Unicoi County by losing to the Lady Longhorns by seventeen. The Lady Warriors close out their regular season at home against Unaka. Johnson County fought hard before losing to Hampton, and then the Lady Longhorns played probably their best game of the season against the Lady Warriors.

Some promising games to close out the regular season - Johnson County at Unaka; Cloudland at Unicoi County; Unaka at Happy Valley - and then the highly-anticipated District Tournament action.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Elizabethton

2-7 Anyone

All the teams with the exception of Elizabethton have shown they could go out and get beat by anyone (Cloudland by Unaka, Happy Valley by Johnson County, Unicoi by Happy Valley, etc.) in the tri-county seven. The Lady Cyclones have been the only team to stand up to the challenges. The Lady Highlanders and Lady Devils probably remain in the upper part of the rankings but with their loses can't justify being ranked above the others. Johnson County has shown promise of getting out of the bottom part. The tournaments should be very interesting with some major surprises bound to happen. This year has probably shown the closest rankings among the seven. Now with the loss of Little Pet the Cyclones could be one to get surprised. Should be exciting and interesting games to watch.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 12 2007 - 03:56 PM) 826368937[/snapback]

If North Greene beats Uh tomorrow, which should happen, who won the coin toss for the 3 seed? North Greene or Unaka?

I don't think it matters because of Unaka's win over Cloudland.

Unaka and North Greene split; Hampton and North Greene Split; Cloudland and Unaka split. Cloudland swept Hampton and North Greene. Yep, makes a lot of sense to me. I think.

1) Cloudland

2) Hampton

3) Unaka

4) North Greene

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 12 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826369096[/snapback]

I don't think it's matters because of Unaka's win over Cloudland.

Unaka and North Greene split; Hampton and North Greene Split; Cloudland and Unaka split. Cloudland swept Hampton and North Greene. Yep, makes a lot of sense to me. I think.

1) Cloudland

2) Hampton

3) Unaka

4) North Greene

But both Unaka and North Greene are 4-4 in the conferance (assuming North Greene beats UH)

In the AA the coaches drew numbers before the season even started. Then if there is a tie the two teams go back to the draw, the team with the lower number gets the higher seed for the tournement. South Green and Elizabethton both finish 13-1 but SG had the better draw so they get the #1 seed. At least that is how I understand it.

Is there any chance that they did the same in single A ?