District 6AA

Bledsoebtheboys

With it looking like rain today how is this going to get done? Don't district play have to be finished by next Wednesday?

QUOTE(Indian @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:45 PM) 826444653[/snapback]Sequatchie at Bledsoe today was postponed. Wish that one could have been played if at all possible. That gives Sequatchie three district games-Bledsoe, East Ridge, Chattanooga Christian, an in-school game with Marion, a doubleheader at Polk and senior night vs Whitwell to play in just a few days, somehow. A non-district game with Grundy-at home- was already called off to get the CCS game in Chattanooga scheduled. That's a lost gate, Whitwell would probably be next in line to go, and it might rain out the in-school game tomorrow, another lost gate.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Indian @ Apr 25 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826445365[/snapback]Sequatchie 9-3 over Marion today. Seq had three girls hit a home run each and everyone on the team (15) except the flex got to bat at least once. One of the freshmen was 4-4, team had 14 hits in six innings, hope to see that continue with district games still left to be played.

I saw the game. IF Sequatchie keeps their senior pitcher off the mound and goes with the Freshman, they may win a game or two in the district. They have good bats, so-so defense. They did hit well but then a middle school team could have hit Marion's pitcher.

That's a little harsh, about the individual pitchers mentioned on both teams. Two of the errors made were by girls with fielding percentages of about .960 to .970 each in the infield, so hopefully those won't happen again. Chattanooga Christian vs Sequatchie game today was postponed, the plan is to play it Tuesday but I don't know if that's certain yet. The Whitwell game is called off to make room for a district game, I'd have liked to have seen one more played (they were 1-1 against each other this year).

QUOTE(Bwinner @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:03 AM) 826445774[/snapback]With it looking like rain today how is this going to get done? Don't district play have to be finished by next Wednesday?

With spring breaks having to consider this year, I think the teams will be finished by Wednesday or by Wednesday night. What I understand their are other teams in the same boat as Sequatchee? I think Chatt. Christian, Norte Dame, Bledsoe, Marion, and Grundy are all having the same problems. Sequatchee schedule is Bledsoe on Friday night, East Ridge on Monday, and Chatt. Christian on Tuesday. Norte Dame and Bledsoe are schedule on Tuesday. Chatt. Christian and Bledsoe are schedule on Monday. Norte Dame and Marion are schedule on Monday. Norte Dame and Grundy are schedule on __________.

QUOTE(Indian @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826446772[/snapback]Saturday might be a good day for Grundy-Notre Dame. I don't know when it's scheduled, though. I think the Whitwell game made four games Sequatchie had scheduled that weren't played, they'd even been favored in them or the games would have been toss-ups like Whitwell.

The Grundy/ Notre Dame game is a forfiet for Grundy. Weather conditions were fine at Grundy when the game was to be played on Thursday, April 19th. Notre Dame did not have enough players and could not play. Grundy is finished with district play in the regular season with a 4-4 record and that is that!

Sequatchie won at Bledsoe 13-2, 15 hits to 5. One of the freshmen was 2-4 with a HR, 2B and 5 RBI, another was 3-4 with 3 runs, another was 2-3. One of the sophomores was 2-4 with two 2B, another was 2-4 with 2 runs. The two seniors each had a hit, one got the pitching win and the other had some good plays at SS. Bledsoe's Holland was 2-3 with a walk and an RBI, she's a hard out. Ellis had a nice sacrifice bunt RBI, had another good sac bunt too, she looks like a good fundamentally sound player. Sullivan was 2-3. Bledsoe had 3 errors but Sequatchie still had 11 earned. Bledsoe left 10 on base in the first 4 innings. Sequatchie had one error, dropped a ball at a base on what should have been a double play, played really well in the field other than that. Only real negative was too many walks by Seq, that hasn't been too much of a problem this season so maybe it was just one of those games. They have Polk for 2 tomorrow, host East Ridge Monday, at Chattanooga Christian Tuesday. I think they could finish as high as second, especially depending on if Notre Dame actually forfeits to Grundy, but they have to worry about their own games first.

QUOTE(Indian @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826448759[/snapback]Sequatchie beat East Ridge 10-4 today, hit the ball well again. They play Chattanooga Christian tomorrow, I think could finish anywhere from second to fourth depending on that game and maybe others.

Thats more like how I expected them to play big win for Seqatchie /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> t

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 1 2007 - 05:21 AM) 826448886[/snapback]Notre Dame plays Howard and Marion County today. And tomorrow they play at Grundy County and at Bledsoe County.

I thought all district games had to be done by Tuesday, maybe Sequatchie wouldn't have had to cancel two home games to complete the district schedule.