GC V. Dburg

GCPioneer

D'burg/ DC -- When will the MADNESS STOP!! I know you guys can all get along and bring two solid boys programs back on the floor next year.. who knows how far DC can go in post-season.. I think everyone was anticipating another D'burg/DC classic in the semifinals but Gibson Co. rose to the occasion and earned the final four 13AA spot Hats off to the Pioneers on a solid effort. Best of luck to the Trojans next season

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 14 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826372053[/snapback]

Gibson Co. did play a pretty decent game last night but no where near what they ahve played against Dyer Co. in both games this year...Some reason Gibson Co. will be up and hoppin Friday night against Dyer Co..watch!!!...not saying we will win but our boys will be up and ready to play for an upset...

Dyersburg is a good team and beat GC by 3 points and 1 point in the regular season...however I did have a good feeling that if we stopped McLin last night we would have a pretty good shot at winning...GC didn't really stop McLin but McLin stopped himself by getting into foul trouble....Wish him the best as he goes somewhere to play college...has he signed with anyone?

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Feb 14 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826372094[/snapback]

You ramble on so much I forget half of what you say. One thing I do remember is you have left the building,with about three bricks shy of a full load...lol. The state championship you are talking about was in football not basketball We were runnerup in state championship basketball..If you had ever come to Newbern, I bet you haven't, you would see the big orange and white sign that we so proudly have displayed coming into town. The sign has been there for 32 years. So you see we are very proud of that team and what they accomplished. We didn't have to win but three games, to win the state championship back then, but they were teams we hadn't played all year. They were teams from different areas of the state. We also had to score three touchdowns in 7 minutes to win the final game. Now that is something to be proud and a part of.

Never said the championship trophy was in basketball.... it might not be the rambling,.... it could me that your attention deficit disorder is kicking in, that alone with the truth does seem to put you on edge... .... and yes I have been through your quaint village a few times and I do recall seeing the sign.... but like I said yesterday.....I think by now you might want to take that down and move to the present ...... 32 yrs..... don't you think that is a bit long ..... imagine if the city of Dyersburg kept all the awards their athletc teams won... Little leagues....football ...state semifinals.... basketball... well even you can see where this is headed..... after perhaps a year or two..... people might want to take them down....

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 14 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826372053[/snapback]

Gibson Co. did play a pretty decent game last night but no where near what they ahve played against Dyer Co. in both games this year...Some reason Gibson Co. will be up and hoppin Friday night against Dyer Co..watch!!!...not saying we will win but our boys will be up and ready to play for an upset...

Dyersburg is a good team and beat GC by 3 points and 1 point in the regular season...however I did have a good feeling that if we stopped McLin last night we would have a pretty good shot at winning...GC didn't really stop McLin but McLin stopped himself by getting into foul trouble....Wish him the best as he goes somewhere to play college...has he signed with anyone?

Victor McClin is a junior his sister Victoria who plays with the DHS girls team they are twins.... Yes we only lose two players Cameron Goings & Ronnie Mitchell.... also Rex Pierce who came on strong at the end of the year is just a sophomore.... so if no one gets hurt and if our coach does not lose his focus.... things look good.... good luck to you guys .... but I have to lean toward DC (even though those of us in Trojan Land know they will hold on to this for the next 30 yrs.)..... they are still our home boys..... but just in case you guys win.... hey we know we will be represented well in the Regionals by either team..

McLin is a junior and his is good and will only be better. Both teams should be good next year. OC loses, well one guy, so they might compete for the top spot. CC will lose a load. Milan not sure, Westview will probably be about the same and GC loses a few guys. Let's consentrate on this year for all the teams in 13AA and make sure we help them get through the region. Last year West TN brought all the gold balls here and I rooted them on no matter if it was Hamilton, Liberty or U.C. let's stay home and root for our district and if or when our guys are gone let's stay with West TN.

QUOTE(warmachine7954 @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826372833[/snapback]

McLin is a junior and his is good and will only be better. Both teams should be good next year. OC loses, well one guy, so they might compete for the top spot. CC will lose a load. Milan not sure, Westview will probably be about the same and GC loses a few guys. Let's consentrate on this year for all the teams in 13AA and make sure we help them get through the region. Last year West TN brought all the gold balls here and I rooted them on no matter if it was Hamilton, Liberty or U.C. let's stay home and root for our district and if or when our guys are gone let's stay with West TN.

GC loses Justin Spears, Destin Skinner, Hamilton Hudson that's it I think...but return the C Ethan Ellis, G Antoine Cunningham, G Trevino Davis, G Nick Santaniello and have some freshman this year that didnt play much but are awesome...They were on Rutherford Jr High TNT state tournament team last year...(Trey Tate and Terrance Rodgers)..and this year Dyer Jr. High is in the TNT state championship...the future does look bright for GC boys basketball...

I heard this morning that a player from Dyersburg ,I know the name but won't say in case it's not true,got into a verbal altercation with Coach Brown after the game and told him he couldn't coach..that they could get a coach out of a cracker box that could coach better than him,and supposedely took a swing at Brown..I heard the player was put in alternative school..again..Not sure..may not be true..Someone from Dyersburg close to the team may know more.. Again..Just a rumor..the Soap opera continues!

Yes there was a problem after the game, but no there were no punches or stuff like that taken place so he did not "take a swing" at the coach.the kid wasn't put in alternative school for that either ha....rumors

QUOTE(Dyersburgfanatic @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826373929[/snapback]

I heard this morning that a player from Dyersburg ,I know the name but won't say in case it's not true,got into a verbal altercation with Coach Brown after the game and told him he couldn't coach..that they could get a coach out of a cracker box that could coach better than him,and supposedely took a swing at Brown..I heard the player was put in alternative school..again..Not sure..may not be true..Someone from Dyersburg close to the team may know more.. Again..Just a rumor..the Soap opera continues!

Yes there was a problem after the game, but no there were no punches or stuff like that taken place so he did not "take a swing" at the coach.the kid wasn't put in alternative school for that either ha....rumors

The player DID NOT swing at anyone... but he did say somethings that were said out of anger however that still does not justify that they were wrong and it was embarassing to the school. One comment that was mention was that the principal addressed the player and reminded him that he represented DHS...... may I suggest that perhaps this same comment be presented to the coach. Remarks were made over the radio station that were very unprofessional by Coach Brown towards the team and players mention in the locker room comments from him suggesting that ...."he was ready to move on to other sports or other things that he enjoyed far better then coaching boys basketball at DHS"....... Administration there is a problem here and if you do not get a grip on it and quick........ the next time it might be a entire team transferring............... I honestly cannot believe that you all do not see the problem perhaps you don't care..... but this is a wound that is getting bigger and bigger and it needs to be taken care of and now not later.

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Feb 16 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826374205[/snapback]

The player DID NOT swing at anyone... but he did say somethings that were said out of anger however that still does not justify that they were wrong and it was embarassing to the school. One comment that was mention was that the principal addressed the player and reminded him that he represented DHS...... may I suggest that perhaps this same comment be presented to the coach. Remarks were made over the radio station that were very unprofessional by Coach Brown towards the team and players mention in the locker room comments from him suggesting that ...."he was ready to move on to other sports or other things that he enjoyed far better then coaching boys basketball at DHS"....... Administration there is a problem here and if you do not get a grip on it and quick........ the next time it might be a entire team transferring............... I honestly cannot believe that you all do not see the problem perhaps you don't care..... but this is a wound that is getting bigger and bigger and it needs to be taken care of and now not later.

NO.1 Trojan i swear u must be one of those 80 year olds sittin in the chairbacks cause u have no clue what your talkin about but all u can ever say is somethin negative about the coach. what is the wound that ur talkin about?what has the coach done this time in ur eyes

QUOTE(Dyersburgfanatic @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826374330[/snapback]

NO.1 Trojan i swear u must be one of those 80 year olds sittin in the chairbacks cause u have no clue what your talkin about but all u can ever say is somethin negative about the coach. what is the wound that ur talkin about?what has the coach done this time in ur eyes

I promise you that I know exactly what I am talking about perhaps... maybe what I am saying is more in line as to what you do not want to hear. I think that anyone who is in a position around young people should conduct his or herself in a manner that is reflective of a mature and under control individual. I listen to the radio and I know what was said...... go a step further ask some of the players at halftime... what was said..... You might be surprised what this 80 year knows huh, as to rather I am a 80 or one of his 15 year old players the fact remains that I have a opinion and I will definitely present it on this board whenever and however I choose. You should not be so quick to say someone does not know what they are talking about just because it does not fall in line with what you want to hear. I see problems and others see problems so perhaps you may want to pull off the rose colored glasses, programs don't consistently lose players .... deal with internal issues..... show up for games as important as the last game...... and perform at a level that look as though they did not care, or perhaps that the wanted to be somewhere else.... Anyone knows that a team is a reflection of their coach's personality... so Tuesday's display or lack of emotion is evident that perhaps something is going on behind the scence... well at least it is to a 80 year old former coach sittin in a armback.....chair

Once again the stupidity of the people on these boards perplexes me. As far as the "wound" that No.1 Trojanfan speaks of is ridiculous. Coach Brown is one of the premier coaches in West Tennesee and the state. He has consistently put together championship caliber teams whether it be in McNairy or in Dyersburg. He has well over 500 victories in his high school career. He runs a very respectable program that is to be admired by those from all around. His teams are well behaved, respectful, and demand respect in the way they play hard night in and night out. You speak of frustration with the kids. Well when players are used to being champions it is very very hard to accept less than that, as is the case with the team this year. Now we can speak of all the talent that is present on DHS team this year but what many fail to recognize is the lack of playing experience of that talent. Unlike many schools in West Tennessee it is very rare when a player comes into DHS and is able to receive substantial playing time all 4 years or even 3 years due to the immense amount of talent. Also, on the point of respect Coach Brown has helped to keep many a delquient (sp?) out of juvenille detention via his program whether in DHS or MCHS. He teaches his kids the worth of a strong dedicated work ethic and that they must show respect to receive it. He is dedicated

to his programs going above and beyond his call of duty when it comes to scouting, summer camps, and practice plans.

Briefly, to mention the radio comments.... It is hard to stay motivated when the team you coach does not care half as much as you.

Then you speak of technical fouls? Shall we speak of personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conducts in football? You speak very highly of Coach Counce and I agree that he is a great coach but have you ever been in one of his huddles or the locker room or on the practice field? I can tell you that basketball coaches get a raw deal. Football coaches have what i like to refer to as a potty mouth. The language used not only by Counce but also by many football coaches around the state is far worse than people think.

Yet another reason that I find your call for a fix to a ficticious wound ludacris is the sorry excuse for referees that are found in the dismal Northwest Association. While I am not condoning technical fouls, the down right disgrace that is the ability of the Northwest officials more often than not warrants the criticisms of not only Coach Brown but every coach that is served by this joke of an association. Now why i realize that it takes a certain type of person to be a referee, I think it impossible that these are the best to be found. I think all those who have witnessed games called by this group of officials will agree that while a few are mediocre at best, as a whole the Northwest association is a JOKE!!

Now while it may seem like I am rambling I must insist that No1 Trojanfan realize what a shame it is that he jump to such hasty conclusion. Coach Brown is a great coach who has proven year in and year out that he can and will produce a competitive team. His antics on the sideline show his passion for the game and the loyalty he has for his players. This is highlighted by the fact that the technicals he receives are almost always an attempt on his part to protect his players and their interests. The teams of Coach Brown in the past will testify to the fact that Coach Brown loves his players and the his teams are a FAMILY. Now I am in agreement with trojanfan on one point.... the Trojans WILL be back next year with more experience and a legitimate shot at winning the district and being the second best team in the region behind Haywood.

Coach Brown, keep up your hard work!!

QUOTE(ProtegeofDrDRe @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826374455[/snapback]

Once again the stupidity of the people on these boards perplexes me. As far as the "wound" that No.1 Trojanfan speaks of is ridiculous. Coach Brown is one of the premier coaches in West Tennesee and the state. He has consistently put together championship caliber teams whether it be in McNairy or in Dyersburg. He has well over 500 victories in his high school career. He runs a very respectable program that is to be admired by those from all around. His teams are well behaved, respectful, and demand respect in the way they play hard night in and night out. You speak of frustration with the kids. Well when players are used to being champions it is very very hard to accept less than that, as is the case with the team this year. Now we can speak of all the talent that is present on DHS team this year but what many fail to recognize is the lack of playing experience of that talent. Unlike many schools in West Tennessee it is very rare when a player comes into DHS and is able to receive substantial playing time all 4 years or even 3 years due to the immense amount of talent. Also, on the point of respect Coach Brown has helped to keep many a delquient (sp?) out of juvenille detention via his program whether in DHS or MCHS. He teaches his kids the worth of a strong dedicated work ethic and that they must show respect to receive it. He is dedicated

to his programs going above and beyond his call of duty when it comes to scouting, summer camps, and practice plans.

Briefly, to mention the radio comments.... It is hard to stay motivated when the team you coach does not care half as much as you.

Then you speak of technical fouls? Shall we speak of personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conducts in football? You speak very highly of Coach Counce and I agree that he is a great coach but have you ever been in one of his huddles or the locker room or on the practice field? I can tell you that basketball coaches get a raw deal. Football coaches have what i like to refer to as a potty mouth. The language used not only by Counce but also by many football coaches around the state is far worse than people think.

Yet another reason that I find your call for a fix to a ficticious wound ludacris is the sorry excuse for referees that are found in the dismal Northwest Association. While I am not condoning technical fouls, the down right disgrace that is the ability of the Northwest officials more often than not warrants the criticisms of not only Coach Brown but every coach that is served by this joke of an association. Now why i realize that it takes a certain type of person to be a referee, I think it impossible that these are the best to be found. I think all those who have witnessed games called by this group of officials will agree that while a few are mediocre at best, as a whole the Northwest association is a JOKE!!

Now while it may seem like I am rambling I must insist that No1 Trojanfan realize what a shame it is that he jump to such hasty conclusion. Coach Brown is a great coach who has proven year in and year out that he can and will produce a competitive team. His antics on the sideline show his passion for the game and the loyalty he has for his players. This is highlighted by the fact that the technicals he receives are almost always an attempt on his part to protect his players and their interests. The teams of Coach Brown in the past will testify to the fact that Coach Brown loves his players and the his teams are a FAMILY. Now I am in agreement with trojanfan on one point.... the Trojans WILL be back next year with more experience and a legitimate shot at winning the district and being the second best team in the region behind Haywood.

Coach Brown, keep up your hard work!!

Unlike many schools in West Tennessee it is very rare when a player comes into DHS and is able to receive substantial playing time all 4 years or even 3 years due to the immense amount of talent

His teams are well behaved, respectful, and demand respect in the way they play hard night in and night out.

It sure hasn't kept his sons off the floor for all their 3 or 4 years..But..I guess they're just that much better than any ball players that have come through the system!About his kids being well behaved..Did you watch the Dyer Co-Dyersburg game..I'm not from either school and his son is a hot head...Let me ask you another question..I watch coaches and players..Did coach Brown shake hands with the Dyer co coach after the game?..I believe Coach Brown is ill about what has gone on at Dyer Co the past several years ..back to when Dyer Co was put on probation..I'm curious ...to any Dyer Co fan that wants to answer..Who do most Dyer Co people think is the person responsible for getting them put on probation when Montrell Crittenton ,Brian Fisk and Company were there?....I also have heard that the Dyersburg coaches have been involved in a meeting that the TSSAA may be looking into a certain Dyer Co coach..not a sanctioned coach that has been trying to recruit middle school players to Dyer Co..And supposedely have maybe affadavits from 3 or 4 players stating this..Dyersburg Fanatic or Protege..Can you say that such a meeting hasn't taken place. About the supposedely heated exchange between Mitchell and the coach..I heard another player pulled Mitchell back..