GC V. Dburg

GCPioneer

The oldest son did not play until his junior year when there were only three seniors. The middle one, the point guard from this year, played limited minutes as a back up point guard last year as a sophmore where he played as a filler to ease foul trouble. The youngest one did not play anything but mop up time this year or when foul trouble arose and no one else was available on the bench. Once Pierce and Glynn returned to the team he played only mop up time.

The stupidity and ignorance, which to clarify are two different things just in case you didnt know that which you probably didnt, of posters on this board is astonishing!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826374410[/snapback]

I promise you that I know exactly what I am talking about perhaps... maybe what I am saying is more in line as to what you do not want to hear. I think that anyone who is in a position around young people should conduct his or herself in a manner that is reflective of a mature and under control individual. I listen to the radio and I know what was said...... go a step further ask some of the players at halftime... what was said..... You might be surprised what this 80 year knows huh, as to rather I am a 80 or one of his 15 year old players the fact remains that I have a opinion and I will definitely present it on this board whenever and however I choose. You should not be so quick to say someone does not know what they are talking about just because it does not fall in line with what you want to hear. I see problems and others see problems so perhaps you may want to pull off the rose colored glasses, programs don't consistently lose players .... deal with internal issues..... show up for games as important as the last game...... and perform at a level that look as though they did not care, or perhaps that the wanted to be somewhere else.... Anyone knows that a team is a reflection of their coach's personality... so Tuesday's display or lack of emotion is evident that perhaps something is going on behind the scence... well at least it is to a 80 year old former coach sittin in a armback.....chair

I missed the part of where I said Coach Brown... was a bad coach? I have not heard of any situations where he has fought to keep anyone out of alternative school or etc.... and it may have happened.... but I hope that his main concern was that of the individuals and not for his own personal gain..... Family like atmosphere.... we are talking about the same team.... right? You might wat to ask some of the players and I not mean a certain group of boosters kids.... ask some of the ones who's parents may not be boosters or may come from across the tracks... ask some of the transfers parents of how he has treated them? You have a right to your opinion and I respect that but name calling is something that we might not want to do it demonstrates to me that perhaps I am telling the truth and what better way to take away from the primary subject then my name calling....

His demonstrations or a strong desire to win......or a espression of his love for the game.... so if Pat Summitt.... Bruce Pearl ..... Old Phil demonstrated a lack of respect for his players and the adminstration.... and I know these three individuals love the game you think perhaps ..... it would supported by the UT adminstration, fans etc..... I think not.....

You perhaps might be the one that is misled or refuse to face reality... and how strange is it that now.... the Northwest Association who I am sure spends a lot of money training decicated qualified officials are a joke... (you are great with the name calling) ........ I know that there are issues and many of his players do not have the respect that you are led to believe or maybe just want to believe.

Like one of the other posters mention his son display in the Dyer County game ......???? I am sure that was the officials fault.... and as for his sons playing time.... I never said anything about it ...... so evidently you are defending something that you might even see as a problem...... Great records and winning games does not always SPELLED ' he or she is a great coach...... what he should be instilling in these young men is character... how to lose with class, that everytime the ball does not bounce your way.... don't take it as a personal vandetta.... these are some of the things that will go through life with these young men and are lessons that will in many cases make or break them as men.....

My informatiion is not hasty....or made up it is fact...... I guess the truth hurts....

QUOTE(ProtegeofDrDRe @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826374537[/snapback]

The oldest son did not play until his junior year when there were only three seniors. The middle one, the point guard from this year, played limited minutes as a back up point guard last year as a sophmore where he played as a filler to ease foul trouble. The youngest one did not play anything but mop up time this year or when foul trouble arose and no one else was available on the bench. Once Pierce and Glynn returned to the team he played only mop up time.

The stupidity and ignorance, which to clarify are two different things just in case you didnt know that which you probably didnt, of posters on this board is astonishing!!!!

Protege..I see you only have two posts, so after such a long post that you wrote defending Coach Brown and his program..you could be his son,his wife or even Coach Brown himself..As far as him playing his middle son last year as a filler ..Over Justin Blake and Taylor...hmmm..Don't want to hear that it's a different position..Justin can handle the ball and could be a tall guard..But that's the coach's call...But if you want to talk about ignorance or stupidity..maybe you should look at Coach Brown,then maybe he would have about 3 more players available..But maybe he doesn't know the difference...Now, about his players playing with class and character...You didn't reply about his son the night of the Dyer Co game..Was that the class you were talking aboout?And not just once that night but on about 3 different occassions..Did Coach Brown show a great example and shake Coach McCord's hand?You seem to know so much..Have the coaches at Dyersburg had a meeting at any time lately about Dyer Co recruiting?You may seem to think that every one isn't as smart as you..but I'd be willing to talk to you about any player,teams in the state in football or basketball for the past 40 years other than Dyersburg and test your wit!

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826374725[/snapback]

Protege..I see you only have two posts, so after such a long post that you wrote defending Coach Brown and his program..you could be his son,his wife or even Coach Brown himself..As far as him playing his middle son last year as a filler ..Over Justin Blake and Taylor...hmmm..Don't want to hear that it's a different position..Justin can handle the ball and could be a tall guard..But that's the coach's call...But if you want to talk about ignorance or stupidity..maybe you should look at Coach Brown,then maybe he would have about 3 more players available..But maybe he doesn't know the difference...Now, about his players playing with class and character...You didn't reply about his son the night of the Dyer Co game..Was that the class you were talking aboout?And not just once that night but on about 3 different occassions..Did Coach Brown show a great example and shake Coach McCord's hand?You seem to know so much..Have the coaches at Dyersburg had a meeting at any time lately about Dyer Co recruiting?You may seem to think that every one isn't as smart as you..but I'd be willing to talk to you about any player,teams in the state in football or basketball for the past 40 years other than Dyersburg and test your wit!

Thank you Mr. BigSter, very well written perhaps as I said earlier maybe ProtegeofDrDre is talking perhaps about another coach or team, I find it hard that after the facts we both presented to this board that this person could miss the mark by so much?

It looks like Coach Brown is doing the same thing he done at McNairy. Yes, McNairy had good teams under him but people don't know that McNairy could have had even better teams. McNairy had alot really good players not even play or went to Adamsville because of him. All of the reasons for this is because of the same things he is doing as Dyersburg.

It should be recognized that the reason for Mr Brown being so distraught or concerned with the allogations of Dyer County recruiting students, is because he is their #1 recruiter. As long as he has the opportunity to put his own kids in front other deserving players, this will prove to be the case. Example.........How many varsity players have been sitting the pine, waiting for an opportunity to see playing time, only to have his youngest son (a FRESHMAN) go first?

If I were running all of my talented players off to other opposing schools, I would want to point the blame elsewhere as well.

DC does not have to recruit.......... Mr Brown will run the players off that will not stand for being 2nd to his "Average" playing sons.

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826374527[/snapback]

I'm curious ...to any Dyer Co fan that wants to answer..Who do most Dyer Co people think is the person responsible for getting them put on probation when Montrell Crittenton ,Brian Fisk and Company were there?....I also have heard that the Dyersburg coaches have been involved in a meeting that the TSSAA may be looking into a certain Dyer Co coach..not a sanctioned coach that has been trying to recruit middle school players to Dyer Co..And supposedely have maybe affadavits from 3 or 4 players stating this..Dyersburg Fanatic or Protege..Can you say that such a meeting hasn't taken place. About the supposedely heated exchange between Mitchell and the coach..I heard another player pulled Mitchell back..

I think most DC fans believe the reason that the Choctaws were put on probation during the Hopkins era were based on two incidents. The first was I believe an unauthorized practice or scrimmage during dead periods and the other was an 8th grader riding a bus to the Haywood game which is a violation of the TSSAA policy. That 8th grader now plays at Dyersburg.

QUOTE(lovethegame @ Feb 16 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826374816[/snapback]

I think most DC fans believe the reason that the Choctaws were put on probation during the Hopkins era were based on two incidents. The first was I believe an unauthorized practice or scrimmage during dead periods and the other was an 8th grader riding a bus to the Haywood game which is a violation of the TSSAA policy. That 8th grader now plays at Dyersburg.

From what I know about the situation..you're right on both counts..I believe the scrimmage was against Cov..I believe Covington had lost the Jones kid to Dyer Co and an assistant ended up having a tape..I believe it was either given to coach Brown or that he heard about it..Wonder who turned the information over..That's what I was referring to..I wonder who Dyer co thinks is responsible for them being on probation..Could it be Coach Brown and Sam Miles..one of the top officials on the TSSAA Board of Control!

QUOTE(choc4life @ Feb 16 2007 - 02:50 PM) 826374811[/snapback]

It should be recognized that the reason for Mr Brown being so distraught or concerned with the allogations of Dyer County recruiting students, is because he is their #1 recruiter. As long as he has the opportunity to put his own kids in front other deserving players, this will prove to be the case. Example.........How many varsity players have been sitting the pine, waiting for an opportunity to see playing time, only to have his youngest son (a FRESHMAN) go first?

If I were running all of my talented players off to other opposing schools, I would want to point the blame elsewhere as well.

DC does not have to recruit.......... Mr Brown will run the players off that will not stand for being 2nd to his "Average" playing sons.

You're right Choc4life...but if I were some of the top officials at Dyer Co..I'd walk very soft..Already have been on probation..and with all the kids transferring and with Sam Miles on the Board of Control..I'd cross all the t's..And that means not having any of the Dyer Co coaches talking to middle school players about coming to Dyer Co..I did hear that the Dyersburg coaches have had a meeting..probably gathering info..supposedely have a few players say a certain Dyer Co coach has been trying to recruit..The coach in question isn't a teacher I don't believe but still is part of Dyer Co..Could just be a rumor..but maybe not!

Choc4 life..Don't go spreading rumors..Surely Coach Brown wouldn't sit better players on the bench and play ..just his average sons!...lol

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Feb 16 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826374753[/snapback]

Thank you Mr. BigSter, very well written perhaps as I said earlier maybe ProtegeofDrDre is talking perhaps about another coach or team, I find it hard that after the facts we both presented to this board that this person could miss the mark by so much?

You're welcome Trojan #1..I try to stick with Lake Co posts mostly..but these posts seem to be a lot more lively...Plus..Protege and a couple others acted like you didn't know what was going on..I guess they think it's from being stupid or just ignorant..I'm an outsider and even I know!

Another rumor..and again..JuST A Rumor..I heard this morning that a player from Dyersburg ,I know the name but won't say in case it's not true,got into a verbal altercation with Coach Brown after the game and told him he couldn't coach..that they could get a coach out of a cracker box that could coach better than him,

Choc4life and Dc 74..Guess what?I went to the store yesterday and bought a box of CrackerJax..guess what..it had a little whistle in it..Maybe it's a sign that I could be a great coach!