TMSAA Large School Mid Tennessee Sectional

champion13

Here is a run down of the brackets, action begins tomorrow I believe.

1)Sycamore (18-1)

4)Christiana

2)EO Coffman

3)Knox Doss

1)Siegel (18-1)

4)Forfeit

2)Mt. Juliet

3)Rock Springs

Any early predictions? I think we will see an exciting Mt. Juliet vs Siegel battle. I think Mt. Juliet may get the better of the two.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(champion13 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:29 PM) 826370968[/snapback]

The updated bracket:

Sycamore (#1)

EO Coffman (#2)

Siegel (#1)

Mt. Juliet (#2)

How does everyone see this playing out?

The Sycamore/E.O. Coffman game should be a pretty tight game. Sycamore has a pair of experienced guards in the Bliss twins, while E.O. Coffman starts two seventh grade guards in Williams and Farrington to go with 8th grader Moore. Sycamore has a better overall post game and may be a little deeper then Coffman. However, Coffman is a middle school powerhouse and has been so for years. This current team starts three players (I believe) who were starters off of the Tennessee Express 11U AAU team that finished T-9th at the 11U AAU Nationals this past year and finished T-13th the year before at the 10U AAU Nationals, so they know how to win big games against top competition. Whoever wins, it should be a good one to watch.

QUOTE(champion13 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826373842[/snapback]

More comments on the Mt. Juliet and Siegel game.

I think siegel is over rated.The only good team they played was Blackman if I remember correctly.

I just think it is hilarious that they obviously didnt prepare for Mt. Juliet. I mean their coach even kept his girls out in the gym to the end of the 3rd quarter of the sycamore game watching them. I hope all those notes do him well saturday...

I think you missed the boat on Siegel! They had two starters playing with the flu last night and one starter at home with the flu. It is difficult to prepare without your guns. The blonde post would have helped, but it was obvious Cason and the red head were sick as dogs last night. Siegel wasn't at full strength!

Mt. Juliet went to the locker room after Siegel by the way. Don't you think any coach would have watched their potential competition? I am sure the coaches had already scouted both teams at Lebanon.

Siegel had a great year only losing 2 games, both of which were when they had injuries or sickness. They did beat Blackman and everone else they played including Coffman by 16 last weekend.

With that said, Mt. Juliet played well last night.

QUOTE(champion14 @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826374502[/snapback]

I think you missed the boat on Siegel! They had two starters playing with the flu last night and one starter at home with the flu. It is difficult to prepare without your guns. The blonde post would have helped, but it was obvious Cason and the red head were sick as dogs last night. Siegel wasn't at full strength!

Mt. Juliet went to the locker room after Siegel by the way. Don't you think any coach would have watched their potential competition? I am sure the coaches had already scouted both teams at Lebanon.

Siegel had a great year only losing 2 games, both of which were when they had injuries or sickness. They did beat Blackman and everone else they played including Coffman by 16 last weekend.

With that said, Mt. Juliet played well last night.

The blonde post would have helped, but it was obvious Cason and the red head were sick as dogs last night. Siegel wasn't at full strength!

I was at the game, saw Saturdays game with EO Coffman too and what was obvious to me was the dominance of Mt. Juliet's inside game. The guards kept Cason in check. It appeared she was in good health to begin the game. Sometimes 20 point leads have away of making things look different. I guess I would have been sick as a dog too from their perspective. Tournament time is tricky, best to leave excuses at home. Sycamore will be tough for MJ to handle, may be a guard override. MJ does seem to rise to the top in big games. If I knew the posts would play as well as they did against Siegel,I'd bet on the lady bears.They play harder than any team I've seenat the tournament. Only team I've seen all week, boys or girls, that RUN to their coach every time there's a timeout. Good luck MJ.

QUOTE(bubbabear @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:35 AM) 826369725[/snapback]sure hope your wrong about my. juliet. would like to see siegel in finals against sycamore. how is christiana? any talent? should the sycamore team have their hands full??

Any particular reason why you wouldn't want to see MJ in the finals? Seems like you'd want them lined up, since you've beaten them the last two meetings. Not that it matters now.

In tonights finals the Sycamre girls lost to Mt. Juliet. Coach Johnson had them ready to play. The sycamore girls were off all night. They never really found their groove. Tonights game meant sycamore and mt juliet split this year, 2-2. Each with a season win, Sycamore with an area win and mt juliet with the sectional win. Congrats to both.

QUOTE(champion13 @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826379953[/snapback]In tonights finals the Sycamre girls lost to Mt. Juliet. Coach Johnson had them ready to play. The sycamore girls were off all night. They never really found their groove. Tonights game meant sycamore and mt juliet split this year, 2-2. Each with a season win, Sycamore with an area win and mt juliet with the sectional win. Congrats to both.

Let me guess, Mt. Juliet by 20+. I am sure that is why you didn't post the score. Champion didn't you throw Siegel to the dogs for not being prepared? Was Sycamore prepared or was it a fluke?

Siegel 18-2 Conference Champs

Area Champs

lost to Mt. Juliet

Sycamore 18-2 Conference Champs

Area Champs

lost to Mt. Juliet

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE?????