TMSAA Large School Mid Tennessee Sectional

champion13

QUOTE(champion13 @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826380541[/snapback]I wouldnt call them "very good." They are decent but not what I meant by going outside the conference and playing someone that will get you ready for tournaments.

Let's get this right. Siegel played everyone they had to play by rule (county) and beat WJB twice. When it came to the area they handled Coffman by 16. In Rutherford County you are handcuffed because you have to play Rutherford teams. I say handcuffed, but I would put Rutherford County teams up against anyone. Rock Springs only lost by 12 to Mt. Julet.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, so they have no open dates a year?

that is kinda rough situation.

Anyway this has gone off topic.

Congrats to Mt. Juliet/Johnson and Sycamore/Weeks.

Hopefully you guys provide us with some more good ones next year. It is amazing watching these two teams play and the coaches coach against one another and how they adjust one game to another. Although I admit 4 times a year is a little much. =p

QUOTE(champion13 @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:51 AM) 826380551[/snapback]Ouch, so they have no open dates a year?

that is kinda rough situation.

Anyway this has gone off topic.

Congrats to Mt. Juliet/Johnson and Sycamore/Weeks.

Hopefully you guys provide us with some more good ones next year. It is amazing watching these two coach against one another. Although I admit 4 times a year is a little much. =p

I am not so sold on the new coach at Sycamore. What makes a coach great? Looks like she took Russell's team and ran with it.

QUOTE(champion14 @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:56 AM) 826380560[/snapback]I am not so sold on the new coach at Sycamore. What makes a coach great? Looks like she took Russell's team and ran with it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I know her and Coach Wilson are close friends. The teams are ran very differently though. Everything was changed this year.

I wouldn't call her "Great" just yet. She has the potential though. She only got 2 girls back that played any minutes last year and still managed to take them to 20-2.

From what I heard Coach Johnson say, he was pretty impressed.

QUOTE(champion14 @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:05 AM) 826380571[/snapback]I think you heard alot of things that were never spoken. Players win games not coaches. They can't shoot it for them. Do you think Mt. Juliet had the best players? I know they had the best post but not guards.

I think Sycamore has the guards in #10, #14 and #21.

Although Mt. Juliet's guards will be amazing next year.

If you look at post, I think Mt. Juliet has #50 and Sycamore has #44 who split games this year. 50 had 2 big games (MJ wins) and #44 contained her in 2 games (2 sms wins.)

The other post MJ's 21 creates match up problems because she killed sms's #24.

I think overall the teams are very closely matched. Sycamore maybe having a slight nod due to the better guards. I think MJ has the nod in the post, although Sycamores #44 can contain 50 (2 points in the area game) when she feels like it. I dont know what was going through her mind tonight though.

QUOTE(champion14 @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:07 AM) 826380571[/snapback]I think you heard alot of things that were never spoken.

You'd have to talk that over with him then.

By the way i didnt mean he directly said he was impressed with her as a coach, just with the coaching job she has done with the girls.

I do find it funny that the only game they had within 10 points was the loss to Mt. Juliet in the opener. Every other game, but tonight, was a win by 11+