2. Upperman

3. DeKalb Co.

4. Macon Co.

5. York Institute

6. Smith Co.

7. Cannon Co.

First round appears to be a play in.

THUR 15 Feb:

6:30 girls #6 Cannon Co. vs #7 DeKalb Co.

8:00 boys #6 Smith Co. vs #7 Cannon Co.

New T$$AA rule only two games on a school night.

FRI 16 Feb.

4:00 girls #3 Smith Co. vs #6 Cannon Co./ #7 Dekalb Co.

5:30 boys #3 Dekalb Co. vs #6 Smith Co./ #7 Cannon Co.

7:00 girls #4 York Institute vs #5 Macon Co.

8:30 boys #4 Macon Co. vs #5 York Institute

It appears that the #1 and #2 teams get a BYE.

SAT 17 Feb.

4:00 girls #2 Upperman vs #3 Smith Co- #6 Cannon Co./ #7 Dekalb Co.

5:30 boys #2 Upperman vs #3 DeKalb Co.- #6 Smith Co./ #7 Cannon Co.

7:00 girls #1 Livingston Academy vs #4 York Institute/ #5 Macon Co.

8:30 boys #1 Livingston Academy vs #4 Macon Co./ #5 York Institute

MON 19 FEB.

6:30 Cons. game girls

8:00 District Championship girls

TUES 20 Feb.

6:30 Cons. game boys

8:00 District Championship boys.

All games will be played at Upperman High School in Baxter.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sportsnut46 @ Feb 14 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826371350[/snapback]

General, I was wondering if you are related to the Ramsey boy? Seems like every time there is a question on here about LA winning a crucial game, you always say things about the key to winning will be something Ramsey needs to do. I thought the key to this LA team was Dunn. Just curious.

Sorry to disappoint you 'Nut', but there is no relation between Ramsey and myself. He isn't that good looking.

If you would stop and think about it for a second, it would make sense. Dunn is going to have around 15-20 points a night. But you have to be able to have a good post game to win big games. Your big man may not score alot, but he needs to be a threat to score so that it opens up everything else, he needs to pull some offensive rebounds to get you some put-backs, block some shots, and make it hard for the other team to score inside. You can also use your big man to get the other team in foul trouble, which will work to your advantage at the end of the game.

Dunn is the leader and the go to guy, no doubt about that. But the other kids have to play their roles to win the big games.

Does that explain why I think he needs a good game to beat teams like Upperman, SportsNut?. I'm glad you are keeping up with my posts though, makes me feel important. Watch the entire game and not just who scores and you will see that a lot of the little things have to be done to chalk up a win.

QUOTE(The General @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826371703[/snapback]

Sorry to disappoint you 'Nut', but there is no relation between Ramsey and myself. He isn't that good looking.

If you would stop and think about it for a second, it would make sense. Dunn is going to have around 15-20 points a night. But you have to be able to have a good post game to win big games. Your big man may not score alot, but he needs to be a threat to score so that it opens up everything else, he needs to pull some offensive rebounds to get you some put-backs, block some shots, and make it hard for the other team to score inside. You can also use your big man to get the other team in foul trouble, which will work to your advantage at the end of the game.

Dunn is the leader and the go to guy, no doubt about that. But the other kids have to play their roles to win the big games.

Does that explain why I think he needs a good game to beat teams like Upperman, SportsNut?. I'm glad you are keeping up with my posts though, makes me feel important. Watch the entire game and not just who scores and you will see that a lot of the little things have to be done to chalk up a win.

Hey general sure didn't mean to strike a nerve. Your knowledge of the game is very impressive. I didn't realize until I read your post what all a good post game could do. I was merely making the point that to defeat a good basketball team like an Upperman you need solid efforts from people like Stover,West,Everley,McCleran, etc. It's not just Ramsey who needs to have a good game. All the players can contribute to blocking shots, getting offensive rebounds, and getting the other team in foul trouble. I would guess Dunn leads the team in free throw attempts and I'd say he hasn't been fouled by a guard everytime. So, 'General' thanks for the insight on the post game. As far as your posts, you are a regular in LA topics so it doesn't a lot 'keeping up' to read your posts.

QUOTE(LA Wildcats @ Feb 14 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826371600[/snapback]

End of Season Girls Standings:

1. Livingston Academy

2. Upperman

3. Smith Co.

4. York Institute

5. Macon Co.

6. Cannon Co.

7. DeKalb Co.

End of Season Boys Standings:

1. Livingston Academy

2. Upperman

3. DeKalb Co.

4. Macon Co.

5. York Institute

6. Smith Co.

7. Cannon Co.

First round appears to be a play in.

THUR 15 Feb:

6:30 girls #6 Cannon Co. vs #7 DeKalb Co.

8:00 boys #6 Smith Co. vs #7 Cannon Co.

New T$$AA rule only two games on a school night.

FRI 16 Feb.

4:00 girls #3 Smith Co. vs #6 Cannon Co./ #7 Dekalb Co.

5:30 boys #3 Dekalb Co. vs #6 Smith Co./ #7 Cannon Co.

7:00 girls #4 York Institute vs #5 Macon Co.

8:30 boys #4 Macon Co. vs #5 York Institute

It appears that the #1 and #2 teams get a BYE.

SAT 17 Feb.

4:00 girls #2 Upperman vs #3 Smith Co- #6 Cannon Co./ #7 Dekalb Co.

5:30 boys #2 Upperman vs #3 DeKalb Co.- #6 Smith Co./ #7 Cannon Co.

7:00 girls #1 Livingston Academy vs #4 York Institute/ #5 Macon Co.

8:30 boys #1 Livingston Academy vs #4 Macon Co./ #5 York Institute

MON 19 FEB.

6:30 Cons. game girls

8:00 District Championship girls

TUES 20 Feb.

6:30 Cons. game boys

8:00 District Championship boys.

All games will be played at Upperman High School in Baxter.

The brackets for the boys side is wrong. With DeKalb losing to Cannon, Macon is the 3 seed, York the 4 and DeKalb the 5 seed.

QUOTE(sportsnut46 @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826371774[/snapback]

I was merely making the point that to defeat a good basketball team like an Upperman you need solid efforts from people like Stover,West,Everley,McCleran, etc. It's not just Ramsey who needs to have a good game.

I think I agreed with that. Sarcasm is a fabulous trait to posses by the way...

QUOTE(sportsnut46 @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826371774[/snapback]

Hey general sure didn't mean to strike a nerve. Your knowledge of the game is very impressive. I didn't realize until I read your post what all a good post game could do. I was merely making the point that to defeat a good basketball team like an Upperman you need solid efforts from people like Stover,West,Everley,McCleran, etc. It's not just Ramsey who needs to have a good game. All the players can contribute to blocking shots, getting offensive rebounds, and getting the other team in foul trouble. I would guess Dunn leads the team in free throw attempts and I'd say he hasn't been fouled by a guard everytime. So, 'General' thanks for the insight on the post game. As far as your posts, you are a regular in LA topics so it doesn't a lot 'keeping up' to read your posts.

Why so personal? Whats it matter who plays well as long as your team wins?

That general isn't right or wrong, everyone, including Deven, will need to play well to beat Upperman again. Lets not bash our own fans for their opinions. I think the guy was just trying to say how it would help if Deven did play well... Thats just my opinion....

QUOTE(ForLoveOfTheGame @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826372510[/snapback]

Why so personal? Whats it matter who plays well as long as your team wins?

That general isn't right or wrong, everyone, including Deven, will need to play well to beat Upperman again. Lets not bash our own fans for their opinions. I think the guy was just trying to say how it would help if Deven did play well... Thats just my opinion....

My point exactly. I was merely saying that we need more than just Ramsey to play well. Defeating Upperman on their floor will be tough but very possible. My point about Dunn is that he is the quarterback of it all. Whether you believe in the post game, run and gun, or 3 pointers, to me it takes a little of all to be successful. But as you say love, that's just my opinion.