10-AAA

ut18vols

This is the first post on the tennis board and it for all the 10-AAA fans, how is the season going to turn out, team, doubles and individual.

On paper the district will be between Dickson Co. and Clarksville due to the the returning starters. I hope Springfield can get it together and make a run, since that my school and they are defending champs

Individuals to watch:

Springfield Lamb

Dickson Co. Spencer

Clarksville Micheal ?(I think that not sure)

There is prolly more but I dont know alot about tennis

BOYS

Ok. I am the number one at Spt so I have to lay down my thoughts. The top singles players are myself, the number one from Clarksville, my rival and defending District Champ Ryan Spencer, our number two Justin Hamm, and our number three Jim Morris, who lost to Ryan in the semis last year.

I am looking forward to this season because I want to prove that I am just as good as anyone that steps on the court with me including my rival. I am 1-3 against him. My one win coming in three sets to help us secure the Distrcit team title. I should have won the District. I am not gonna make excuses becasue he beat me fair and square, but I did suffer a wrist injury during the match that kept me out of action for a little while after that, but I am looking forward to improving my record to 4-3 over him and possibly 5-3.

As for the Doubles it is the Boys' from Clarksville and whoever plays doubles for us. Which honetly I do not know who that is yet. Justin and Barrett took District last year and should have won the Region. I think Justin will get a new partner this year since Barrett graduated and will look to defend his Title, whether that is me or someone else.

Team wise on paper the District should be between Dickson Co. and Clarksville. That is on paper though. I know that my boys and I are ready to defend our title and win our third straight Distrcit title in two Districts. I trust my younger boys' to back me up and I plan on leading them to the three-peat.

GIRLS

As for the girls it is gonna be difficult to knock off the defending champion Wildcats. They have a strong team. Our Lady Jackets have the talent to be competitive it just depends on if they want it or not. If they are willing to work for it then I think you will see them in the Final against Clarksville. Especially since it is 2 out of 3 sets this season like it should have been last year. Yet I digress.

As for individuals I do not know. I do not know enough about the other girls in the District to comment.

• 1 month later...

Alright season is about to be in full swing baby! We got Northwest today on their home court, but we ended the District season on that court by winning the District tournament and we are gonna start on that court this year proving that we are here to defend. Yellow Jackets gonna repeat and for us it will be a three-peat carried over from our old district!

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know much about tennis in other areas, but i did see henry co. play clarksville the other day and chs's number 1 and 2 really impressed me. the number one is brian balthrop and the number 2 is steven carman. these two are pretty talented guys. but like i said im not sure about anybody else, but these two are decent.