Kingston Girls Basketball

bballnuts

What has happened to the Kingston Girls Basketball team? I've never seen a team nose dive like this one has! Considering the level of talent they are suppose to have, why have they fallen apart this year. I've seen them play a few times this year and man, its hard to watch. I looked at their record on Coacht and crunched some numbers, check this out -

Since Dec 15th, they are 1 - 18

They're scoring an average of 32 ppg

They lose by an average of 24.3 ppg

If I hadnt seen them play, I would never have believed they were in this kind of shape.

Is anyone coaching them??? If so, what are they doing???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hopalot @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826371656[/snapback]

1)Leading scorer quit mid-season. 2)Good player gets 'removed' from school. That's 2 big hits. Team is better off probably and building for future.

I agree with hopalot somewhat. Gentry was the leading scorer, about 11 ppg. The other player didnt start and actually saw very little playing time. To say losing her was a "big hit" is somewhat untrue. I think she's a good ballplayer that could help kingston but not an impact player.

From what I've seen this year after they lost those two players, Coach Anderson is set on playing only one true post player at a time and using guards and wings to play the other 4 positions. I dont see that strategy winning anytime soon due to no outside shooting threat. Last night at Stone Memorial, I dont think Kingston scored a basket from outside the lane, not one. What does that say for their outside shooting. He's got two other good size post players, Mergen and Raye. I've heard different things said about both of them, I say at least give them a chance. With Smith, Mergen and Raye in the game at the same time, they've got to have the inside advantage. Even if those three miss their shots, with that size they should be able to get rebounds and take it back up. It cant be any worse than their outside shooting so far.

QUOTE(bballnuts @ Feb 14 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826371158[/snapback]

What has happened to the Kingston Girls Basketball team? I've never seen a team nose dive like this one has! Considering the level of talent they are suppose to have, why have they fallen apart this year. I've seen them play a few times this year and man, its hard to watch. I looked at their record on Coacht and crunched some numbers, check this out -

Since Dec 15th, they are 1 - 18

They're scoring an average of 32 ppg

They lose by an average of 24.3 ppg

If I hadnt seen them play, I would never have believed they were in this kind of shape.

Is anyone coaching them??? If so, what are they doing???

BBball nuts- I think you have gotten talent confused with athletic potential.

My scouting report on Kingston-1 Senior, No experiene, No basketball ability. 1 Junior, limited experience, no basketball ability. Post starter, sophomore- strong and athletic but cannot finish, 1 move, turns to the right-fades away-throws it up-Makes about 30 % from 5 ft.-easily frustrated,poor free throwshooter-hard to coach. Soph pt. guard-limited ex. out of control, cannot shoot, penetration-will charge in penetration-very hard to coach. Off guard- dido point guard -even think they theyare sisters. Bench 6'1 post- soph.-weak, cannot catch, cannot finish, pressure her on any rebound, will turn it over. Dido 5"11 Freshman post. Seen most of the games- its not coaching. JV team vs. Varsity schedule. Give it time. I think it will change. Only thing is attitiude for this team. Very poor from top to bottom right now. That will change or it will be a VERY-small team. Seen him do it.

QUOTE(jabstep @ Feb 15 2007 - 02:55 AM) 826372631[/snapback]

My scouting report on Kingston-1 Senior, No experiene, No basketball ability. 1 Junior, limited experience, no basketball ability. Post starter, sophomore- strong and athletic but cannot finish, 1 move, turns to the right-fades away-throws it up-Makes about 30 % from 5 ft.-easily frustrated,poor free throwshooter-hard to coach. Soph pt. guard-limited ex. out of control, cannot shoot, penetration-will charge in penetration-very hard to coach. Off guard- dido point guard -even think they theyare sisters. Bench 6'1 post- soph.-weak, cannot catch, cannot finish, pressure her on any rebound, will turn it over. Dido 5"11 Freshman post. Seen most of the games- its not coaching. JV team vs. Varsity schedule. Give it time. I think it will change. Only thing is attitiude for this team. Very poor from top to bottom right now. That will change or it will be a VERY-small team. Seen him do it.

Seems you know quite abit about the team, I'm curious how you've come to the conclusion that some of the players are hard to coach. Have you attended their practices or actually spoke to the coaches?

QUOTE(jabstep @ Feb 15 2007 - 02:55 AM) 826372631[/snapback]

I dont think I'm confused about Talent vs Athletic potential. Remember, several of these kids are only Freshman and Sophmores, to be that young, they have some talent. A coach has to be able to develope that talent as well.

As for your "scouting report" , it has some merit. I just get tired of watching Coach Anderson do the same thing over and over. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results. One thing you say that I totally disagree with is "give him time" and "seen him do it", heres my questions, how much time does he get? They've played 29 games and that doesnt count the games during the summer camps they attended. If you've really watch as many games as you say, you know this team has gradually gotten worse. I would also ask what have you seen him do? As far as I know, his first Coaching job was as an assistant to Plemons the last few years and he didnt seem very involved in what was going on during the game. Please explain what you've seen him do as a Coach.