Kingston Girls Basketball

bballnuts

QUOTE(JACKETDAD @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:47 PM) 826374873[/snapback]

bballnuts, the numbers on Prep Extra are fairly correct, however, they're only showing stats for about 15 games.

For the Lady Jackets, the bottom line is this, they have no outside threat and until everyone on the team learns how to make a good pass, they will continue to have far too many turnovers and that will be the cause of future losses. I agree with hothead that he should mix it up some, try something different, he's gone with the basic same starting lineup for most of the season and it never worked. Teach the girls the basics of making good passes. On offense, he should go with 2 guards (Brooke Theape and one other, not sure who that should be) and 3 post players. I would suggest Smith, Mergen and either Raye or Martin depending on who was playing better on the particular night. I would have my guards (after they've been coached on how to pass a basketball to players posting up), force the ball inside. My post players would be mandated to make a move and shoot the ball. In only rare situations, would they be allowed to pass it back out to the guards to shoot a 3. Once the pass was made to the post, everyone would be crashing the boards in order to rebound.

Just a thought!!

I believe that you are talking about sound fundamentals Jacketdad. I could live with that scenario but I want more. Have ya'll watched Pat Head, Bruce Pearl, or any successful coach for that matter. They DEMAND RESPECT FOR THE GAME and THEMSELVES. I don't see that from Kingston coaches. I want to see Kingston sports respected again! I want coaching that knows how to get the job done! I want coaching that teaches excellence, expects excellence, and accepts nothing but excellence from themselves and the players. The bench is a great motivator for girls that are true athletes and have any sense of pride. When they are on the bench tell them why they are there and that is where they will stay if they don't do what they were taught! On this team the players that are benched just sit and pout or worse separate a chair down at the end of the bench and have nothig to do with THEIR team. After seeing the girls play I know that the coach doesn't teach that culture. Warmups are sloppy the bench is sloppy and the team is sloppy. Those three items are all aspects of basketball; not just what is going on on the floor. This culture won't always translate into wins but it will reverse those horrid stats relayed earlier in this forum. I would just about guarantee that if this was the model that the Kingston coaches would use we would be much more competitive. And a lot of fans would be much happier and more proud of our girls!!! AND coaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(H0thead @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826375146[/snapback]

I believe that you are talking about sound fundamentals Jacketdad. I could live with that scenario but I want more. Have ya'll watched Pat Head, Bruce Pearl, or any successful coach for that matter. They DEMAND RESPECT FOR THE GAME and THEMSELVES. I don't see that from Kingston coaches. I want to see Kingston sports respected again! I want coaching that knows how to get the job done! I want coaching that teaches excellence, expects excellence, and accepts nothing but excellence from themselves and the players. The bench is a great motivator for girls that are true athletes and have any sense of pride. When they are on the bench tell them why they are there and that is where they will stay if they don't do what they were taught! On this team the players that are benched just sit and pout or worse separate a chair down at the end of the bench and have nothig to do with THEIR team. After seeing the girls play I know that the coach doesn't teach that culture. Warmups are sloppy the bench is sloppy and the team is sloppy. Those three items are all aspects of basketball; not just what is going on on the floor. This culture won't always translate into wins but it will reverse those horrid stats relayed earlier in this forum. I would just about guarantee that if this was the model that the Kingston coaches would use we would be much more competitive. And a lot of fans would be much happier and more proud of our girls!!! AND coaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well said.