Rankings Week 0

mjuhb

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not entirely sure why Brentwood is given so much credit for being a good team... i think people should honestly look at them... yeah they had a great record last year, but who did they play that was any good? look what happened to them when they had to face a team that could actually play and put some pressure on them, i'm talking about Bearden, they got hammered... it wasn't even a game.

hendersonville i agree, they will be good, houston will be good, farragut will also be good but i do not think they will be as good as people seem to think they will be, Ben Backstrom is not all he is built up to be, look what happened the last two time they played Bearden, he did nothing and had to moved around the field because his coach couldnt even find a place for him to do anything effective. I think Bearden should be in the top 2 considering they won state last year and only lost 5 seniors, but loosing rico and khader really actually helps them. loosing Jay Lutz, Andrew Hinkle, and Phillip Andrea hurts them, but they should be able to replace them and they should be better then last year.

QUOTE(Ezion @ Feb 22 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826385347[/snapback]i'm not entirely sure why Brentwood is given so much credit for being a good team... i think people should honestly look at them... yeah they had a great record last year, but who did they play that was any good? look what happened to them when they had to face a team that could actually play and put some pressure on them, i'm talking about Bearden, they got hammered... it wasn't even a game.

hendersonville i agree, they will be good, houston will be good, farragut will also be good but i do not think they will be as good as people seem to think they will be, Ben Backstrom is not all he is built up to be, look what happened the last two time they played Bearden, he did nothing and had to moved around the field because his coach couldnt even find a place for him to do anything effective. I think Bearden should be in the top 2 considering they won state last year and only lost 5 seniors, but loosing rico and khader really actually helps them. loosing Jay Lutz, Andrew Hinkle, and Phillip Andrea hurts them, but they should be able to replace them and they should be better then last year.

Your comments are ridiculous. Backstrom scored a ballin goal and had two assists the first time against Bearden and then had one of the sickest free kicks for a goal i have ever seen the second game. Come on now. Quit hatin on the kid.

QUOTE(The Tron Special @ Feb 22 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826385369[/snapback]Your comments are ridiculous. Backstrom scored a ballin goal and had two assists the first time against Bearden and then had one of the sickest free kicks for a goal i have ever seen the second game. Come on now. Quit hatin on the kid.

i'll give it to him the first game he did do really good. in the second game he had that one good shot on the free kick and thats it, he didn't distribute, didnt have any other good shots, he did nothing... and the third game... he just stunk. he got worse as the competition got better, a good player gets better as the competition picks up...

QUOTE(Ezion @ Feb 23 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826386200[/snapback]i'll give it to him the first game he did do really good. in the second game he had that one good shot on the free kick and thats it, he didn't distribute, didnt have any other good shots, he did nothing... and the third game... he just stunk. he got worse as the competition got better, a good player gets better as the competition picks up...

I guaruntee whoever you are Ben would tear you in half on the field. So I hope you can back up whatever your sayin if you are even playing Farragut this season.

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826386470[/snapback]I guaruntee whoever you are Ben would tear you in half on the field. So I hope you can back up whatever your sayin if you are even playing Farragut this season.

hmmm... people get really defensive over this kid it seems... he's just not as good as people say he is... tom webster from Bearden is way way better then him.

QUOTE(Ezion @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826386503[/snapback]hmmm... people get really defensive over this kid it seems... he's just not as good as people say he is... tom webster from Bearden is way way better then him.

I think they are both great players, each with different talents and abilities. To top it off, each are great guys off the field, as well. They each bring something special to the field.

Curious, Ezion, what position did you play tonight? Your defense played really well.

QUOTE(Ezion @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826386503[/snapback]hmmm... people get really defensive over this kid it seems... he's just not as good as people say he is... tom webster from Bearden is way way better then him.

All i know is that i think Backstrom has scored 3 goals (one as a freshman) and had 3 assists against Bearden over his three year career. Those are pretty good numbers against a huge rival in front of hundreds of people. So you can say he isn't that good but the numbers speak for themselves.