Rankings Week 0

mjuhb

QUOTE(BHS23 @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826404215[/snapback]ok so they have matured and will be better this season, i take your word on that and that they've gotten better. i'm just sayin they aren't on the list as of right now b/c of their record last season....best of luck to them and hope they make it on the list this season

Preseason records mean nothing really. Yea there are some teams that we know will be great but many teams rankings are based on previous reputation. If your team does well you'll be in the polls at the end..when it counts. My school (Glencliff) is not mentioned at all either and neither is McGavok yet Antioch is based on last years results. I think anyone in our district would put us both ahead of Antioch this year, they lost a lot to graduaton. I dont make a stink because we play some of the teams on that list. If we win we move up, if we dont we have no reason to complain anyways.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:23 PM) 826372556[/snapback]feel free to add your scrimmages and results to this thread

i tried to expand the poll to include at 95 teams instead of 55-60 teams that i sometimes do

but if results don't come in i will cut teams from the poll so everybody try to get all results in this year

just remember those results need to be in by saturday at midnight of that week

but i was planning on cutting D2 by 5 teams and adding 10 to AAA so that will be 100 teams

50 AAA

40 AA/A

10 D2

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:55 PM) 826404277[/snapback]just remember those results need to be in by saturday at midnight of that week

but i was planning on cutting D2 by 5 teams and adding 10 to AAA so that will be 100 teams

50 AAA

40 AA/A

10 D2

Baylor has had two scrimmages...one cancelled with Ooltewah due to weather.

Baylor 3 Cleveland 0

Baylor 2 Chattanooga Christian 0

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826404311[/snapback]Lavergne had 4 scrimmages

Lavergne 1, Brentwood 5

Lavergne 4, Page 0

Lavergne 0, Blackman 2

Lavergne 5, Harpeth 0

mjuhb---im guessing ill see you at the tullahoma tournament again correct? should be a good one

yes and everyone is equal this year

last year wasn't a good mix of teams because you had the best team in AAA brentwood(at the time)the worst AAA team lebanon plus tullahoma and lavergne stuck in the middle

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826404330[/snapback]yes and everyone is equal this year

last year wasn't a good mix of teams because you had the best team in AAA brentwood(at the time)the worst AAA team lebanon plus tullahoma and lavergne stuck in the middle

yes Brentwood pretty much dominated. but i thought for a second we had them on that early goal!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hows the tullahoma boys looking?? did they lose alot of key players?

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826404331[/snapback]yes Brentwood pretty much dominated. but i thought for a second we had them on that early goal!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hows the tullahoma boys looking?? did they lose alot of key players?

i watched the kids practice and need little work

tullahoma has only had 1 scrimmage(blowout to blackman which i unable to attend)

so i really won't know until see them play but we play the next 2 nights so you can ask me that on friday night

Thursday March 8th Cookville at Home 5:30 JV Varsity to follow.

Friday March 9th Tri-Scrimmage at Home

Tullahoma vs JP2 5:30

Centennial vs JP2 6:20

Tullahoma vs Centennial 7:10

QUOTE(Mutz07 @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:41 PM) 826404043[/snapback]so that makes TN high the same as like 6 other teams....

and thats not even naming the club team

some club teams ive seen could get stomped by most highschool teams

so unless the club has a good rep

theres little need for making claims before THS beats anyone important

All im saying is dont underestimate them

QUOTE(FHS54 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:40 AM) 826396726[/snapback]You are a joke. Stop lying to yourself. I play football and i watched the bearden farragut games last year. You lost your best defender (dude with the fro) your best midfielder (Hinkle) and your top goal scorer (Rico). If khader was so bad then why did he start the whole year and lutz was a main contributer. So yeah u are a clown. Maybe next time

haha, this kid plays football and thinks he knows soccer.

however, heres my two sense on this issue. It is a big jump from a player's junior year top their senior year. Think about it, it is your last year, you want something done, and you are now in the leadership position, and you can now push were you left all from last year without having to waste time with getting new people situated.

I think Farragut will be one of the top contenders this year, right beside Bearden, because i do think that Bearden has gotten better for this year, they have lost some players, but others stepped up and it seems, rather quickly. Alot of Bearden's players were anxious to play last year and recieved some playing time for the first time, and now that they know what that is like they will be hungry.

So, my prediction is that Farragut will beat Bearden at least once this year, and Bearden will beat Farragut at least once this year, the other 1 or 2 is up to any one.

as for Khader, he was a good player with what he had, he just didnt have everytrhing a soccer player needs, and it showed in the state final game when the coach took him out, and put Lutz back there.

Tin Man, The statement , "the Kid plays Football and thinks he knows soccer" , is a wide open statement, because Alll of us soccer players think we know football!! And who really knows soccer? What are the qualifications? Playing all your life? Playing High School and then college? Coaching Club or High School? Getting all the coaching licenses? I would say that poster you are hawking may know soccer teams and what the strenghts and weaknesses are as well as you by watching. Oh, he may not be as good as you on the field, but he may know and understand the game.

Say, I saw you said you had a full ride for soccer, does NAIA schools give full rides for soccer? That is a legit question, I don't know, I know Div 3 schools can't.

You are sold on your second high school, that is great, and your guess that it will be a great game with Farragut again this year is probably on the money, but you should not diss on people so bad, it hurts your good boy reputation

QUOTE(OnThePitch @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826404702[/snapback]Tin Man, The statement , "the Kid plays Football and thinks he knows soccer" , is a wide open statement, because Alll of us soccer players think we know football!! And who really knows soccer? What are the qualifications? Playing all your life? Playing High School and then college? Coaching Club or High School? Getting all the coaching licenses? I would say that poster you are hawking may know soccer teams and what the strenghts and weaknesses are as well as you by watching. Oh, he may not be as good as you on the field, but he may know and understand the game.

Say, I saw you said you had a full ride for soccer, does NAIA schools give full rides for soccer? That is a legit question, I don't know, I know Div 3 schools can't.

You are sold on your second high school, that is great, and your guess that it will be a great game with Farragut again this year is probably on the money, but you should not diss on people so bad, it hurts your good boy reputation

the statement was meant mostly for the fact that he made it sound like he had an inside tract to Bearden soccer and their program.

i did not intend for my post to make it sound that way and should have worded it differently (something like, "the kid doesnt play soccer or go to Bearden and thinks he knows Bearden soccer"), but my excuse is that it was midterm week, and my mind was full of nonsense from 5 varying subjects.

i do agree with you that one does not have to play a game to understand it; however, it does help.

i have not heard of a full ride for soccer in NAIA (does not mean it doesn't exist, i just have not heard of one), mine is a mix of athletic and academic.

as for sold for my second high school, i guess, if you look back though, my guess for the state champs before Germantown Houston was defeated was Germantwon Houston.

i looked back and it seemed like i thought Khader was an awful player, and i apologize.

Khader is a good player with good vision, a good touch, and a knack for not losing the ball (kinda sounds like a midfielder to me), he was placed on left back, which is a spot usually for people with lots of speed and strength. Khader, did not get moved off the ball, and had quickness (10 yard speed), but he did not have 40 yard speed, and he usually got away with it by playing smart defense, but against Hendersonville, the players were just too fast. Khader did things that others couldn't do in that position, but i think he would have been better off in a midfield position where his strengths could have been used to their fullest, and also midfielders hardly have to make 40 yard sprints.

On the Pitch, i will try and put more thought before i start posting undeveloped thoughts.