Rankings Week 0

mjuhb

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:25 AM) 826374011[/snapback]

it will probably be the 1st of april until we find out who contenders and pretenders are

but to set a course you have to have a starting point

MJUB, I have some questions for you on your top 25, not arguments, heck I don't know , you may know more than all of us, but wondered your theory

#1CBHS- Has loads of talent, but the best? They haven't had a club champion in the Memphis area at High School age in awhile, so the feeders are not the very best anymore but Lima is a very good coach

#2 Hendersonville- Lost some very good players and Daniel Kelly can not carry that whole team. They were outshot at least 2 shots for every-1 by both Houston and Farragut in the state playoffs last year but managed to win, any other day it would have been the other way around

#3 Farragut Probably should be in your top 2, returns a boatload of talent , and probably the best offensive team in the state but has Nemesis named Bearden that gets in their way every year somehow

#4 Houston-Arguably the best defensive team last year and this year and returns their key players but will have to generate more scoring from the field

#5 Bearden Probably deserve overall #1 Ranking, Returning State Champions in Big School, they lost some key players but have the horses to fill in

Let me know what you think of my assesment?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OnThePitch @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826375233[/snapback]

MJUB, I have some questions for you on your top 25, not arguments, heck I don't know , you may know more than all of us, but wondered your theory

#1CBHS- Has loads of talent, but the best? They haven't had a club champion in the Memphis area at High School age in awhile, so the feeders are not the very best anymore but Lima is a very good coach

#2 Hendersonville- Lost some very good players and Daniel Kelly can not carry that whole team. They were outshot at least 2 shots for every-1 by both Houston and Farragut in the state playoffs last year but managed to win, any other day it would have been the other way around

#3 Farragut Probably should be in your top 2, returns a boatload of talent , and probably the best offensive team in the state but has Nemesis named Bearden that gets in their way every year somehow

#4 Houston-Arguably the best defensive team last year and this year and returns their key players but will have to generate more scoring from the field

#5 Bearden Probably deserve overall #1 Ranking, Returning State Champions in Big School, they lost some key players but have the horses to fill in

i think you mean patrick kelly

Don't sell Memphis short. The Kickers have a fair bit of talent even though they finished second in the State and second in the Premier League. That's not a bad season. I don't know how many of them play for CBHS, though.

Farragut and Bearden will continue to be a great rivalry but the edge has to go to Farragut this year with five seniors from the State Champion Impact and club players at every position on the field and bench. I realize coaching is problematic but my grandmother should be able to win state with this team.

QUOTE(stevescarb @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826377231[/snapback]Don't sell Memphis short. The Kickers have a fair bit of talent even though they finished second in the State and second in the Premier League. That's not a bad season. I don't know how many of them play for CBHS, though.

Farragut and Bearden will continue to be a great rivalry but the edge has to go to Farragut this year with five seniors from the State Champion Impact and club players at every position on the field and bench. I realize coaching is problematic but my grandmother should be able to win state with this team.

I have seen many teams with GREAT players not win because they couldn't work together on the field and/or different clubs put together in high school play different ways and it stalls on the field. Even great coaches have a hard time with all the talent and Don't win state. Ask Plummer from Hendersonville or Lima from Christian Brothers. So don't just count Farragut as a shoe in, because really your grandmother couldn't do it , But I think Farraguts coaching is not bad, I see Culbreath as one of the top 5 coaches in the state

QUOTE(OnThePitch @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826375233[/snapback]MJUB, I have some questions for you on your top 25, not arguments, heck I don't know , you may know more than all of us, but wondered your theory

it has been my experience that a team that is getting out shot and out possessed can keep their cool, defend and keep their shape that team has a better shot at winning

when houston and hendersonville played last year houston controled everything until the last fours when they started to lose there cool and houston a player ejected plus hendersonville got 2 goals and the game was over

so to make a long story short the poll is about the final result and not in game stats

but the way the tournament might be setup this year you could see the top 3 teams on the same end of the bracket

so to be honest i think houston and farragut will play a state quaterfinal game and if they do play they might not have anything left for the semi's

hendersonville vs bearden rematch is a possibility

QUOTE(futbolman123 @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:53 PM) 826377618[/snapback]no. he surely must mean daniel (although he is at Indiana). patrick kelly (although a good player) will not carry the hhs team. farragut is loaded this year

yeah i was saying that b/c daniel kelly is at IU. but patrick is one of the better sophomores in the state if not the best so he'll definitely make a big impact for hendersonville.

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826379731[/snapback]it has been my experience that a team that is getting out shot and out possessed can keep their cool, defend and keep their shape that team has a better shot at winning

when houston and hendersonville played last year houston controled everything until the last fours when they started to lose there cool and houston a player ejected plus hendersonville got 2 goals and the game was over

so to make a long story short the poll is about the final result and not in game stats

but the way the tournament might be setup this year you could see the top 3 teams on the same end of the bracket

so to be honest i think houston and farragut will play a state quaterfinal game and if they do play they might not have anything left for the semi's

hendersonville vs bearden rematch is a possibility

just remeber, the season hasnt even started.heck most scrimmages havent.alot can change. but i see where you are going. are the state schedules out yet?

QUOTE(futbolman123 @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:41 PM) 826379861[/snapback]just remeber, the season hasnt even started.heck most scrimmages havent.alot can change. but i see where you are going. are the state schedules out yet?

no i was just guessing and because its always standard practice by the tssaa to group the the stronger regions together

so a houston/farragut, hendersonville/bearden or farragut/hendersonville quarterfinal might happen